SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

SJK91 wrote: »
    Andrew Scott in the first clip:
    "It's not personal. It's the future. And.............................[five days later]..................................you're not."
    That is one of the best William Shatner pauses I've ever seen.

It was good seeing a little snippet of a non action scene for once. Personally, if you've read the synopsis, I don't think what Scott's character talks about is much of a spoiler.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 2,598
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    I'm honestly pretty disappointed with the clip. I'm inclined to say that it will work in the context of the film, but why release a clip which is unimpressive on its own? Also that music sounded so out of place imo.

I just presumed that this is promotional music that they threw in to accompany the clip. I never thought that this music would accompany this scene in the film. Is this not the case? If the next scene consists of something exciting, then the music makes sense. Maybe it's building up to something else.
  • tqbtqb
    Hate to say it Bounine but you're probably wrong. I'm just saying that because the movie comes out in just a short amount of time, surely the music is done by this point. I'm sure the music will be more in place with he rest of the scene
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    jake24 wrote: »
    Why is Judi Dench listed as one the cast members on MI6's Spectre production page?

Probably because MI6 forgot to remove her.
    I think I'm going to try to avoid the forum a bit.....upcoming days :-). For me there's at times a bit too much criticism on really the smallest aspects of a film, that will be totally forgotten once you see the entire finished film (orange color filter, Sam Smith's falsetto voice, Barbara's grey hairs, people not liking a 20s clip and going wild over that, the 'danger' Star Wars can cause to SP's box office, disappointment about Newman's 2 released tracks, dreadful CGI, etc, etc.).

Off course everyone is allowed to discuss this. But I'm not interested in discussing such tiny elements and blowing it out of proportion, thus losing the entire context, which you can only find out once the film premieres. Everyone should be able to discuss a film to death, but it does give me a slight negative aftertaste. And I want to be in a positive mood.

Next step: The release of Thomas Newman's score this Friday. That's something that excites me. Not all those context-less details being discussed to death :-).

• edited October 2015 Posts: 1,181
    One thing I always love about Barb is that she could have never picked anyone better. ;) She loves saying that.
    DC and NH on R1 breakfast show with Grimshaw tomorrow morning
    I think I'm going to try to avoid the forum a bit.....upcoming days :-). For me there's at times a bit too much criticism on really the smallest aspects of a film, that will be totally forgotten once you see the entire finished film (orange color filter, Sam Smith's falsetto voice, Barbara's grey hairs, people not liking a 20s clip and going wild over that, the 'danger' Star Wars can cause to SP's box office, disappointment about Newman's 2 released tracks, dreadful CGI, etc, etc.).

Off course everyone is allowed to discuss this. But I'm not interested in discussing such tiny elements and blowing it out of proportion, thus losing the entire context, which you can only find out once the film premieres. Everyone should be able to discuss a film to death, but it does give me a slight negative aftertaste. And I want to be in a positive mood.

Next step: The release of Thomas Newman's score this Friday. That's something that excites me. Not all those context-less details being discussed to death :-).

Agreed.

• MarcFC15MarcFC15 London
    The clip is perfectly fine and will work great within the film. The problem is that a) it's an extremely random clip to release first, and b) I think people are thrown by the fact that the first clip doesn't feature Bond. The first clip from SF was of the PTS, with Bond taking out the rear of the train with the excavator. THAT'S the kind of clip people want to see. So I can understand the reaction to it, since it feels more like a BBC political drama than a Bond film. But it will play fine during the film :)

Also it was Andrew Scott on The One Show so they needed to show a clip that featured his character that gives no spoilers away.

• MarcFC15MarcFC15 London
    Weird we haven't gotten any reviews yet, the first reviews for skyfall came in 12 Oktober 2012, that's 14 days before the release date... Just saying

First screening is tonight. If reviews go live today or tomorrow, that's a good sign
    From
    MarcFC15 wrote: »
    The clip is perfectly fine and will work great within the film. The problem is that a) it's an extremely random clip to release first, and b) I think people are thrown by the fact that the first clip doesn't feature Bond. The first clip from SF was of the PTS, with Bond taking out the rear of the train with the excavator. THAT'S the kind of clip people want to see. So I can understand the reaction to it, since it feels more like a BBC political drama than a Bond film. But it will play fine during the film :)

Also it was Andrew Scott on The One Show so they needed to show a clip that featured his character that gives no spoilers away.

Exactly! It was a typical The One Show type clip, showing off his "acting skills" and teasing the audience. You can hear the start of the audience clapping at the end of the clip.
    Shatner crossed my mind but I was not going to mention that as he is a God. But nobody in the real World ever speaks like that plus, in contrast, it does remind you of what a great actor RF is, his fixed head position, eyes totally focused, powerful delivery :he means business, he has great gravitas, exactly the type of person that would be running that department, a great piece of casting and a wonderful addition to the team IMHO but I am worried that Scott is out of his depth
    edited October 2015 Posts: 630
    Bounine wrote: »
    I'm honestly pretty disappointed with the clip. I'm inclined to say that it will work in the context of the film, but why release a clip which is unimpressive on its own? Also that music sounded so out of place imo.

I just presumed that this is promotional music that they threw in to accompany the clip. I never thought that this music would accompany this scene in the film. Is this not the case? If the next scene consists of something exciting, then the music makes sense. Maybe it's building up to something else.

Dear @Bounine. We are talking about a very short clip here no? Very short. And this questions is for all of you: Didn't it cross your minds that this clip should be seen into a larger context? You can't just overcriticize the music and the acting if you have to see this scene in a bigger perspective.
    patb wrote: »
    Shatner crossed my mind but I was not going to mention that as he is a God. But nobody in the real World ever speaks like that plus, in contrast, it does remind you of what a great actor RF is, his fixed head position, eyes totally focused, powerful delivery :he means business, he has great gravitas, exactly the type of person that would be running that department, a great piece of casting and a wonderful addition to the team IMHO but I am worried that Scott is out of his depth

Agree on RF but don't see anything wrong with Scott? I know it's not how most people speak but I've definitely come across people who DO speak like this! And yes, they are cocky little ba*****s!
  • That clip is trademark Scott. Those familiar with his work in Sherlock will know that his delivery is quite unique. It's a little strange at first but I quite enjoy it.
    edited October 2015 Posts: 630
    Also new photo
    12141615_1155561597792083_6118777066765605783_n-300x269.png

• edited October 2015 Posts: 6,601

23rd - KKMeetsBond is on TV3 Friday at 8:30pm!

Spectre Special on Sky Living - Friday 8.30pm
    Alex Zane interviews Daniel Craig and other cast members of James Bond's latest outing.

23rd - Graham Norton on Channel BB1

24th - Rick O'SheaVerified account ‏@rickoshea 1h1 hour ago
    Off to chat to Daniel Craig, Ben Whishaw, @NaomieHarris, Lea Seydoux, Monica Bellucci, @DaveBautista in London. Hear them Sat at 11 @RTE2fm!
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    12141615_1155561597792083_6118777066765605783_n.png?oh=b00450c1d3b4018f297286ed62ba1eab&oe=56CE3FC5
    aaron819 wrote: »
    12141615_1155561597792083_6118777066765605783_n.png?oh=b00450c1d3b4018f297286ed62ba1eab&oe=56CE3FC5

That's absolutely bad-ass. I think we have our modern-day Red Grant here! He's big, very big, slightly ugly, has piercing eyes, a trendy beard and a wonderful Tom Ford suit.

I do think Dave Bautista could be the surprise role of this year. Comic book fans will love him, especially since he's so popular among WWE-fans and Marvel-fans. No wonder they kept the character posters for the biggest actor names (Christoph Waltz, Dave Bautista) until the very last.

Bounine wrote: »

Dear @Bounine. We are talking about a very short clip here no? Very short. And this questions is for all of you: Didn't it cross your minds that this clip should be seen into a larger context? You can't just overcriticize the music and the acting if you have to see this scene in a bigger perspective.
    Then there should be also no positive comments. I was wondering anyhow what people have to discuss over 837 pages...

New vlog about the title song:

Looking forward to it being played against the credits!

The Wrestler's 007! ;) He certainly looks the business here!!!! :-bd
    jake24 wrote: »
    Why is Judi Dench listed as one the cast members on MI6's Spectre production page?

Probably because MI6 forgot to remove her.

She might appear in a video.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited October 2015 Posts: 2,056
    And Spectre goes through the BBFC:

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/spectre-2015

Interesting... was nearly a 15 cert.
  • RC7RC7
    Finally got my mitts on this!

jeclsGW.jpg
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    tqb wrote: »
    Hate to say it Bounine but you're probably wrong. I'm just saying that because the movie comes out in just a short amount of time, surely the music is done by this point. I'm sure the music will be more in place with he rest of the scene

Thomas Newman did confirm in an interview with 'In Tune' that he has completed the score.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited October 2015 Posts: 11,139
    RC7 wrote: »

jeclsGW.jpg

Lucky bastard :D
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    RC7 wrote: »

jeclsGW.jpg

er... What is it?
  • RC7RC7