SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

I'm honestly pretty disappointed with the clip. I'm inclined to say that it will work in the context of the film, but why release a clip which is unimpressive on its own? Also that music sounded so out of place imo.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 3,336
    I liked the clip, you people have way to high standards for everything...
    And also so hyped for this movie, man are we going to have many cool new characters.
    Denbigh, Oberhauser, Swann, Sciarra, Estrella (probably minor role), and Hinx! man o man
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Japanese cover

vision1511_001hy.jpg
  • The clip is perfectly fine and will work great within the film. The problem is that a) it's an extremely random clip to release first, and b) I think people are thrown by the fact that the first clip doesn't feature Bond. The first clip from SF was of the PTS, with Bond taking out the rear of the train with the excavator. THAT'S the kind of clip people want to see. So I can understand the reaction to it, since it feels more like a BBC political drama than a Bond film. But it will play fine during the film :)
    The clip is perfectly fine and will work great within the film. The problem is that a) it's an extremely random clip to release first, and b) I think people are thrown by the fact that the first clip doesn't feature Bond. The first clip from SF was of the PTS, with Bond taking out the rear of the train with the excavator. THAT'S the kind of clip people want to see. So I can understand the reaction to it, since it feels more like a BBC political drama than a Bond film. But it will play fine during the film :)

Well said

Weird we haven't gotten any reviews yet, the first reviews for skyfall came in 12 Oktober 2012, that's 14 days before the release date... Just saying
    It is a strange clip IMHO, if I did not know it was from a Bond movie, I would have guessed it was a BBC drama. Some over-acting from AS and then NH with a playground type "yeah, thats right" as she walks past. Sorry to be negative, I know everyone is pumped, just my interpretation. Not the type of clip to get the blood racing, really wonder why they chose that.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited October 2015 Posts: 10,588
    Double post. Damn Sony phones.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The first clip is central to Andrew Scott because it aired during an interview with him. If I had to guess, the host asked for permission to show a clip of Scott from the film, and was granted. Note however that this clip hasn't been released officially yet, so technically it isn't the "first official clip". When that does come I'm almost certain it'll feature Bond.
    Well if the host got permission for a clip, and they showed it, then it's official?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited October 2015 Posts: 4,116
    patb wrote: »
    It is a strange clip IMHO, if I did not know it was from a Bond movie, I would have guessed it was a BBC drama. Some over-acting from AS and then NH with a playground type "yeah, thats right" as she walks past. Sorry to be negative, I know everyone is pumped, just my interpretation. Not the type of clip to get the blood racing, really wonder why they chose that.

Easy ..Scott was the one being interviewed like they said in the post.

And not weird at all @Crazysoul95 ...like they said above the press screenings haven't happened yet.

• edited October 2015 Posts: 1,068
    Wonder if it's all been left last minute not just because it's production has held up press release screenings but more there fact there's one hell of a spoiler climax to SP in a 'M dies at the end' way which is being fiercely defended to prevent it hitting the rumour mill before the Royal Premiere / release? Just a thought
    Well if the host got permission for a clip, and they showed it, then it's official?
    As in not released by any official 007 source.
    I understand that but all the cast have been interviewed many many times during the build up and (happy to be corrected) this was the first time they released a clip to assist with the interview? So they knew that this would be the first clip that would be shared globally around the world?
    I understand that but all the cast have been interviewed many many times during the build up and (happy to be corrected) this was the first time they released a clip to assist with the interview? So they knew that this would be the first clip that would be shared globally around the world?
    I got nothing.
  • patb wrote: »

Well usually clips are reserved for talk show interviews, not press junkets like the past interviews. It just so happened that the first talk show interview was with Andrew Scott so they released a clip featuring him. I'm sure when other interviews come out, we'll be seeing more exciting clips. Particularly the ones that will be released by the official 007 accounts.

Yep. They knew.
    It was a live show.

And by the way: Scott is the first of the cast to be on a TV show for SPECTRE.
    I think I'm going to try to avoid the forum a bit.....upcoming days :-). For me there's at times a bit too much criticism on really the smallest aspects of a film, that will be totally forgotten once you see the entire finished film (orange color filter, Sam Smith's falsetto voice, Barbara's grey hairs, people not liking a 20s clip and going wild over that, the 'danger' Star Wars can cause to SP's box office, disappointment about Newman's 2 released tracks, dreadful CGI, etc, etc.).

Off course everyone is allowed to discuss this. But I'm not interested in discussing such tiny elements and blowing it out of proportion, thus losing the entire context, which you can only find out once the film premieres. Everyone should be able to discuss a film to death, but it does give me a slight negative aftertaste. And I want to be in a positive mood.

Next step: The release of Thomas Newman's score this Friday. That's something that excites me. Not all those context-less details being discussed to death :-).
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I think I'm going to try to avoid the forum a bit.....upcoming days :-). For me there's at times a bit too much criticism on really the smallest aspects of a film, that will be totally forgotten once you see the entire finished film (orange color filter, Sam Smith's falsetto voice, Barbara's grey hairs, people not liking a 20s clip and going wild over that, the 'danger' Star Wars can cause to SP's box office, disappointment about Newman's 2 released tracks, dreadful CGI, etc, etc.).

Off course everyone is allowed to discuss this. But I'm not interested in discussing such tiny elements and blowing it out of proportion, thus losing the entire context, which you can only find out once the film premieres. Everyone should be able to discuss a film to death, but it does give me a slight negative aftertaste. And I want to be in a positive mood.

Next step: The release of Thomas Newman's score this Friday. That's something that excites me. Not all those context-less details being discussed to death :-).

I agree ...I'm just getting aggravated and the negativity is zapping my excitement.

I enjoy the forum and the banter but I'm getting too snippy. I promised myself I wouldn't do that :(.

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    Denbigh's delivery of "Pleasure to finally meet you, 007" further convinces me that he's the one delivering the line "You came across me so many times, you never even saw me..." in the trailers. (I just keep beating that dead horse LOL)

Oh my God.
    Please don't start THAT again.

It's 100% clear. I explained it a hundred times now.
    IF (in the english language version) that is Scott's voice -
    WHY would Waltz and his dubbing actors speak the line in the dubbed versions all around the globe?
    That doesn't make any sense.

If you watch the german version, it's Waltz saying that line.
    If you watch the french version, it's Waltz' dubbing actor speaking that line.
    And so on ...

Nothing to discuss here anymore.

Oh c'mon...You know I am going to keep tjis alive as long as I can! :D

Completely agree.
    Why is Judi Dench listed as one the cast members on MI6's Spectre production page?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    jake24 wrote: »
    Why is Judi Dench listed as one the cast members on MI6's Spectre production page?

Probably because MI6 forgot to remove her.

• edited October 2015 Posts: 1,310
    Andrew Scott in the first clip:
    "It's not personal. It's the future. And.............................[five days later]..................................you're not."
    That is one of the best William Shatner pauses I've ever seen.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 2,115
    DELETED.

Maybe she's in the movie.
    As a ghost?
  • jake24 wrote: »
    As a ghost?

I deleted, despite the spoiler tag.
    edited October 2015 Posts: 10,588
    As a ghost?

I deleted, despite the spoiler tag.
    Maybe that's our answer.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    via ‏@SonyPicturesUK

We're talking to the cast of #SPECTRE this Thursday! Send your questions in using #AskSPECTRECast!
    Gun barrel position on Spectre. Do not read unless you really want to know.
    A newly recorded Gun barrel sequence designed by Daniel Kleinman will appear prior to the PTS. I was informed this one of the things Dan means by Spectre being "A celebration of all things Bond" heard the same thing from two normally reliable sources

Thanks for the news. It amazes me how people treat this as a spoiler. :)