SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    antovolk wrote: »
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    Big_Gee wrote: »
    Just thought I'd let you all know that My Subscribers copy of Empire arrived in the post today -it includes a SPECTRE Special in their words "38 pages of definitive intel on the biggest, most explosive Bond ever made" plus lots of adverts for Bond related products. I'm not going to spoil it for you but its well worth a read.....

Doesn't someone on here have a digital copy? Any way we can get screenshots, perhaps in the Spoiler thread?

That will come on Thursday.

Could you not post some of the interesting titbits?

The press have picked up on some stories from Empire:

Daniel Craig argued with Sam Mendes on Spectre shoot
    http://www.new-magazine.co.uk/news/view/72939/Daniel-Craig-argued-with-Sam-Mendes-on-Spectre-shoot/

DANIEL CRAIG became embroiled in a number of bust-ups with director SAM MENDES while filming new James Bond movie SPECTRE.
    The actor has reprised his role as the superspy for a fourth time, marking his second 007 collaboration with Mendes after 2012's Skyfall, and he admits the pair clashed numerous times on-set over the course of the shoot.

He tells Empire magazine, "I felt the need to push Sam probably harder than I should (when working on Skyfall), and he kicked back and pushed me and we've done the same on this (Spectre). We just push each other. We blew up at each other a couple of times."

Mendes also concedes he argued with Craig on Spectre, but blamed the bust-ups on the difficult nature of the shoot.

He adds, "It always felt like it (the arguments) led to something better, and that we needed to let off steam. You get cranky. God knows, there's been difficult s**t on this movie. Every single person has either been injured or ill. People have been off who've never been off in their lives before."

Craig suffered a knee injury while shooting the movie earlier this year (15) and had to take time off to undergo surgery.

Is Christoph Waltz playing Blofeld? Sam Mendes addresses Spectre's big question
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a669505/is-christoph-waltz-playing-blofeld-sam-mendes-addresses-spectres-big-question.html#~poXv4yQf03g96k

Ever since Christoph Waltz was announced as Spectre villain Franz Oberhauser, fan speculation has run wild about his true identity: 007's arch-nemesis Ernst Stavro Blofeld.

Now director Sam Mendes has addressed the question head-on (sort-of), telling the latest issue of Empire (which Mendes coincidentally guest-edited himself) that the character has been discussed at length by the Bond team.

"The B-word! We talk about it all the time. It's the great figure from the Bond vault, as it were," Mendes said.

"There was this big spectre hanging over the movie and the franchise, which is Blofeld, and what happened to the supervillain. That's all I'm going to say."

He added: "There's some big stuff the movie is moving towards. There are depth charges you hopefully don't see coming."

The filmmaker also took issue with fans demanding to know if Waltz is Blofeld before seeing the film.

Responding to the criticism over Star Trek Into Darkness's John Harrison/Khan reveal, Mendes said: "Why was there a backlash? There's a narrative as well. The naming of a character is part of a story.

"The audience cannot and should not be given - and I'm not confirming or denying anything - information that the characters do not have. And preserving tension in the narrative of a story that is a riff or an acknowledgement of the iconography of Bond over the years has been crucial.

"Otherwise you have taken an audience out of the narrative before it's even begun."

All will be revealed when Spectre, starring Daniel Craig and Léa Seydoux, debuts in cinemas on October 26.

The arguments pretty much corroborates what my gf told me. My gf is a makeup artist and she did makeup work for an actress who doubled for Bellucci and was an extra. Anyway, this chick was basically going on about how there were a few arguments on set that involved Craig and he just came off as cranky more often than not and in one instance demanded that some of the female extras be removed from certain scenes because they towered over him.
    YT embed of the theme song tease:
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Just thought I'd let you all know that My Subscribers copy of Empire arrived in the post today -it includes a SPECTRE Special in their words "38 pages of definitive intel on the biggest, most explosive Bond ever made" plus lots of adverts for Bond related products. I'm not going to spoil it for you but its well worth a read.....

Doesn't someone on here have a digital copy? Any way we can get screenshots, perhaps in the Spoiler thread?

http://www.new-magazine.co.uk/news/view/72939/Daniel-Craig-argued-with-Sam-Mendes-on-Spectre-shoot/

DANIEL CRAIG became embroiled in a number of bust-ups with director SAM MENDES while filming new James Bond movie SPECTRE.
    The actor has reprised his role as the superspy for a fourth time, marking his second 007 collaboration with Mendes after 2012's Skyfall, and he admits the pair clashed numerous times on-set over the course of the shoot.

He tells Empire magazine, "I felt the need to push Sam probably harder than I should (when working on Skyfall), and he kicked back and pushed me and we've done the same on this (Spectre). We just push each other. We blew up at each other a couple of times."

Mendes also concedes he argued with Craig on Spectre, but blamed the bust-ups on the difficult nature of the shoot.

He adds, "It always felt like it (the arguments) led to something better, and that we needed to let off steam. You get cranky. God knows, there's been difficult s**t on this movie. Every single person has either been injured or ill. People have been off who've never been off in their lives before."

Craig suffered a knee injury while shooting the movie earlier this year (15) and had to take time off to undergo surgery.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a669505/is-christoph-waltz-playing-blofeld-sam-mendes-addresses-spectres-big-question.html#~poXv4yQf03g96k

Ever since Christoph Waltz was announced as Spectre villain Franz Oberhauser, fan speculation has run wild about his true identity: 007's arch-nemesis Ernst Stavro Blofeld.

Now director Sam Mendes has addressed the question head-on (sort-of), telling the latest issue of Empire (which Mendes coincidentally guest-edited himself) that the character has been discussed at length by the Bond team.

"The B-word! We talk about it all the time. It's the great figure from the Bond vault, as it were," Mendes said.

"There was this big spectre hanging over the movie and the franchise, which is Blofeld, and what happened to the supervillain. That's all I'm going to say."

He added: "There's some big stuff the movie is moving towards. There are depth charges you hopefully don't see coming."

The filmmaker also took issue with fans demanding to know if Waltz is Blofeld before seeing the film.

Responding to the criticism over Star Trek Into Darkness's John Harrison/Khan reveal, Mendes said: "Why was there a backlash? There's a narrative as well. The naming of a character is part of a story.

"The audience cannot and should not be given - and I'm not confirming or denying anything - information that the characters do not have. And preserving tension in the narrative of a story that is a riff or an acknowledgement of the iconography of Bond over the years has been crucial.

"Otherwise you have taken an audience out of the narrative before it's even begun."

All will be revealed when Spectre, starring Daniel Craig and Léa Seydoux, debuts in cinemas on October 26.

The arguments pretty much corroborates what my gf told me. My gf is a makeup artist and she did makeup work for an actress who doubled for Bellucci and was an extra. Anyway, this chick was basically going on about how there were a few arguments on set that involved Craig and he just came off as cranky more often than not and in one instance demanded that some of the female extras be removed from certain scenes because they towered over him.

That is pure gossip.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That goes without saying as neither myself nor my gf were there.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    RC7 wrote: »
    The Heineken ad is really neat. This is how you can homage the arse out of Bond and get away with it. It's a lot of fun. Really nice to see DC in full Technicolor for once!

That is exactly how I feel about it. :)
    bondjames wrote: »

This already sounds like one of the vintage greats. If Newman uses some of these cues in the score, I smell a bona fide classic on our hands

God, let's hope he does. He didn't use Skyfall well at all.
    I think it's great to post the Empire article, but please use SPOILER tags. Thanks.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    video

drinklongisland Dave Bautista comes to Clare Rose! @davebautista @heineken_us #heineken #jamesbond #spectre #007 #drinklongisland 11min

http://websta.me/p/1079270941845954684_253167119

Heineken launch #007jamesbond #hinx #spectre thanks Dave Bautista. #drax 10min

11910019_1633213306927069_2000787245_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/1079272485788041053_325779078

• antovolk wrote: »

I don't know if this news should have been spoiler-tagged. But all I know is that I feel a slight 'breeze' of disappointment now :-(.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 2,598

Cheers for that. Does sound classy and atmospheric.

As for the Heineken commercial, I thought it was fun and amusing. For those unfamiliar with the Bond films, they would be wondering what the hell that bit with the hat was all about. "Why on earth would the dame throw a hat at the villain?"
    SPECTRE - Heineken Featurette #1 - Mexico City [HD 1080p]

DTD
    Germanlady wrote: »
    SPECTRE - Heineken Featurette #1 - Mexico City [HD 1080p]

DTD

Already posted a few pages back by yours truly ;)
    Oops, sorry ;)
    Thanks, @Germanlady and @antovolk.
  • MarcFC15MarcFC15 London
    I read the new Empire yesterday, plenty of new pics and (without giving away spoilers) Sam Mendes and DC discuss the 'gunbarrell sequence' which was shot on their last day of filming. So another fresh one for DC's 4th outing.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I have only skimmed through the Empire coverage and they have sections on:

Mexico PTS
    Austria
    London
    Behind the Scenes of the Production
    Interviews with the key actors.

It does feel as though they've even scratched the surface with the film, there's so much in it.
    One thing I did read, which you probably already know, was that the explosion filmed in Morocco was the largest explosion ever captured on film (beating Tropic Thunder, the previous record-holder)
    MarcFC15 wrote: »
    One thing I did read, which you probably already know, was that the explosion filmed in Morocco was the largest explosion ever captured on film (beating Tropic Thunder, the previous record-holder)
    Don't forget spoiler tags!!!
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal

Any scans of the issue, @MarcFC15?

[-O<
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

Could that be a reference to MGW's absence at the beginning of filming?
    He has had heart surgery.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Don't forget spoiler tags!!!

Sorry, my bad...

HMBFF wrote: »

[-O<

I can take a pic or two on my iphone and upload if I can work out how ... bear with me

• HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    HMBFF wrote: »

[-O<

I can take a pic or two on my iphone and upload if I can work out how ... bear with me

Worry not, we'll bear with you :)
    Ok so apparently according to someone at CBN Heineken fixed the video up and it now has music from QoS, the titles etc....can somebody check?
  • Red_Snow wrote: »

Could that be a reference to MGW's absence at the beginning of filming?

There was a picture of Michael G. Wilson on set of the Rome sequence. I guess his first public picture, where he was wearing a blue winter coat.

Am I the only one who was a bit shocked about Michael's looks? He looked as if he had been very sick recently. Almost like he underwent some kind of chemo therapy.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 832
    Post photos/ better yet scanspeople. I really want to see what was said about the gunbarrel sequence (please mendes in the BEGINNING)
    Stunts vlog coming at 5pm BST/9am PT/noon ET!
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    Post photos/ better yet scanspeople. I really want to see what was said about the gunbarrel sequence (please mendes in the BEGINNING)

I've taken pics, but I don't know where to upload them to, they're on my desktop.

Re the Gunbarrell, they shot it on the final day and Sam mendes hopes to include it this time... (he best!!)

Ottofuse8 wrote: »

I've taken pics, but I don't know where to upload them to, they're on my desktop.

Re the Gunbarrell, they shot it on the final day and Sam mendes hopes to include it this time... (he best!!)

http://imgur.com