SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Of course films need secondary players, and Bond has always had them. I've already noted I'm fine with Blofeld, Swann and even Hinx having sizable roles. But Mendes and Logan are creating their own Bond universe as if it is a big ensemble theatre piece. My beef with SF is that they created a Bond I didn't recognize, aging and weak. M and Silva all but dominated the film. Just my .02. I didn't like it and I continue to fear that Mendes, left to his own ego and vision, will created another ensemble piece with too many side players eating up too much screen time and plot.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I never said anything about the characters surrounding him being known as being a bad thing, I think you all are taking this out of proportion. Again, the characters showing up aren't an issue at all, I'm simply saying that I don't care for characters such as M, MP, Q, etc. being at the core of these action sequences over and over again. Every film doesn't need a new villain attacking MI6 or trying to get to Bond's superiors and colleagues, I just want to see Bond insert himself into an exterior situation that he solves almost all on his own. Mendes can do drama (most of the time), so I'd love to see what he could do with a detached tale, something more straight forward: Bond meets M, gets a mission, flirts with MP, exchanges banter with Q and receives his gadgets and he's off. There's no harm in Bond keeping in contact with these characters throughout, I never said that, nor am I sure why it's such an issue.

Why is it such a huge issue for some people that some of us want different things? Is it that bad that I want a standalone story for Bond? And besides, what I want makes absolutely no difference on what we'll receive in the series. I'm still going to be there at midnight to see SP, I'll still see it at least four more times after that, so why does it matter?
    Germanlady wrote: »
    It makes them more interesting IMO, you do care more about wat happens to them, which can only be a good thing.

Again - Mendes has said more then once, that this film is totally about Bond. So, until better knowledge, I tend to believe him and not worry, that others are stealing the show.

Nonsense. Mendes will say anything to mask what he is doing. EON never gives anything away which is understandable. Mendes in an interview stating the "Film is totally about Bond" means absolutely nothing.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Comparison of the MI6 HQ:

aQDqBBE.jpg
    smitty wrote: »
    It makes them more interesting IMO, you do care more about wat happens to them, which can only be a good thing.

Again - Mendes has said more then once, that this film is totally about Bond. So, until better knowledge, I tend to believe him and not worry, that others are stealing the show.

Nonsense. Mendes will say anything to mask what he is doing. EON never gives anything away which is understandable. Mendes in an interview stating the "Film is totally about Bond" means absolutely nothing.

Take it easy and watch your language.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited May 2015 Posts: 10,588
    I agree with Creasy47 that as I have no problem whatsoever with Q, Moneypenny, Tanner, and M recurring, they shouldn't be front and centre. What worries me is that Mendes said in the second video blog that he wants to tell the next stage of their stories and develop them as characters much more. What he means by this is what troubles me. Why would I want to know about Q's personal life?

But on the other hand, people who've read the script say that SP's runtime will be even longer than SF's. So in a way this gives more time to showcase Bond and allow for more development of his character with added screen time throughout the film.

I guess we'll just have to keep calm and wait for SPECTRE.

Since I read his post as soon as it was up, I see no foul or inappropriate language.
    I also agree with @jake24 and @Creasy47. I believe that if SP has a longer runtime than SF, which there is speculation about it and it would be relevant. I mean look where they have filmed. I think Sam just wants to make the characters go down in history of the Bond franchise. Maybe he has plans what to do with them if he gets to direct the next Bond movie.

I think it's completely Ok showing us a bit of the private life of the MI6 team. Not too much. But maybe there apartment, some little information. But I wouldn't like anything in the style of M's girlfriend or wife or some kind of tax problems with some of the characters. That would take it too far. But I think Mendes has history in film making and knows what the audience wants. So I think we should sit back and relax and wait for November to go and see the movie.

Can't wait to see if Daniel and Christoph and Lea turn up on set tonight. Can't wait for any kind of pictures tomorrow during the day. We may be seeing some earlier photos today as they start filming at 23:00 today, probably because everything is ready, not like yesterday when filming started at 00:00.

Any thoughts if the scene with M and that restaurant where the rain is falling and this scene on Westminster Bridge, are they possibly one after another.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 6,601

Creasy47 wrote: »

Since I read his post as soon as it was up, I see no foul or inappropriate language.

Nonsense - doesnt sound appropriate regarding what I wrote to me. But its certainly ok, if you like his wording. I dont mind.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    aaron819 wrote: »
    I also agree with @jake24 and @Creasy47. I believe that if SP has a longer runtime than SF, which there is speculation about it and it would be relevant. I mean look where they have filmed. I think Sam just wants to make the characters go down in history of the Bond franchise. Maybe he has plans what to do with them if he gets to direct the next Bond movie.

I think it's completely Ok showing us a bit of the private life of the MI6 team. Not too much. But maybe there apartment, some little information. But I wouldn't like anything in the style of M's girlfriend or wife or some kind of tax problems with some of the characters. That would take it too far. But I think Mendes has history in film making and knows what the audience wants. So I think we should sit back and relax and wait for November to go and see the movie.

Can't wait to see if Daniel and Christoph and Lea turn up on set tonight. Can't wait for any kind of pictures tomorrow during the day. We may be seeing some earlier photos today as they start filming at 23:00 today, probably because everything is ready, not like yesterday when filming started at 00:00.

Any thoughts if the scene with M and that restaurant where the rain is falling and this scene on Westminster Bridge, are they possibly one after another.

According to @SkyfallCraig,
    They are not close to each other.
    @jake24 and @SkyfallCraig

Rules Restaurant - Westminster Bridge is about 1 mile

Hahahaha no, I meant
    The scenes aren't connected in the movie.
    jake24 wrote: »

Hahahaha no, I meant
    The scenes aren't connected in the movie.

@jake24 Oh, Ok sorry. SOrry for the misunderstanding. No hard feelings. :) :) :)
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    edited May 2015 Posts: 630
    No, they are not even close.
    And the fact that they are there, I repeat, doesn't mean they are INVOLVED into action. They are what they are, One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
    Let me put it this way
    CFy2vXwWIAEDlSy.jpg
    CFy2WgdWYAAXeAF.jpg
    They are putting the lights in position now at Westminster Bridge- telling by the live webcam
    If a character has blood on them in an action film, I can only assume they're involved in the action. Call me crazy.
    If a character has blood on them in an action film, I can only assume they're involved in the action. Call me crazy.
    yes, and also a walk on covered in blood is involved in the action. In some way.
    @SkyfallCraig, okay...? I'm not sure what you're getting at. I'm not talking about walk-on's, extras, or minor characters who are fresh to the storyline.
    @SkyfallCraig, okay...? I'm not sure what you're getting at. I'm not talking about walk-on's, extras, or minor characters who are fresh to the storyline.
    kind of
    How far away is filming due to wrap? I know they are in Morocco next month, but that is about it isn't it?
    edited May 2015 Posts: 1,208
    Things are getting ready on the set:

11374157_1624421727772927_266106787_n.jpg
    The actors who play M, Q and MP have given interviews insisting that they get to be in the field, and be part of the action. Just don't think any of the 3 should be. Mendes comments noted by @jake24 above that he wants to develop these characters much more gives me the willies. Do we get MP at the hairdresser, M out on a date, and Q taking his dog to the vet, or do they all strap on the guns and engage in fire fights like M did in SF which is of course what the actors are demanding.

These actors (like most) are all a bunch of egomaniacs who think the Bond films should be more about them. I read countless interviews by Harris for SF where she stated her character was Bond's equal. Groan. Fleming intended none of this nonsense, and this is not what I want precious film minutes wasted on. Fiennes refusal to play M as scripted has added an unnecessary character to cover a major plot line which hopefully hasn't weakened the film. Well, as many are saying, time will tell.
    Someone will be somewhere somehow on the field, as I know. But in a supportive way we don't have to be worried about.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    #007 #Spectre filming on the Thames between Vauxhall and #Westminster Bridges tonight. #film #JamesBond #London 13min

11327172_1598407003773910_1667726729_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/992207481925944478_288992960

Waiting for the filming of the new James Bond to start...all of Thames is dotted with bright projector lights..the production costs must be IMMENSE #exciting #jamesbond #007 onlyinlondon 38min

11373845_1581405505417619_354515312_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/992195585744488103_27605176
    Way more people on set than yesterday night:

11372000_870050939732379_772101506_n.jpg

Just to say thanks Aaron for posting what you are, keeping us informed!
    The actors who play M, Q and MP have given interviews insisting that they get to be in the field, and be part of the action. Just don't think any of the 3 should be. Mendes comments noted by @jake24 above that he wants to develop these characters much more gives me the willies. Do we get MP at the hairdresser, M out on a date, and Q taking his dog to the vet, or do they all strap on the guns and engage in fire fights like M did in SF which is of course what the actors are demanding.

These actors (like most) are all a bunch of egomaniacs who think the Bond films should be more about them. I read countless interviews by Harris for SF where she stated her character was Bond's equal. Groan. Fleming intended none of this nonsense, and this is not what I want precious film minutes wasted on. Fiennes refusal to play M as scripted has added an unnecessary character to cover a major plot line which hopefully hasn't weakened the film. Well, as many are saying, time will tell.

Yeah, female actors in Bond claiming to be "Bond's equal" is really something new. We have never heard anything like that before, have we? ;)) Mendes' idea, most obviously...

As for Fleming "never intending supporting characters to take center stage", try reading The Spy Who Loved Me...
    Someone will be somewhere somehow on the field, as I know. But in a supportive way we don't have to be worried about.

I think you noted earlier that you had read the scripts, so you know, and that's good to know. It's gonna be a long 6 months waiting for this thing to open.

darrenr wrote: »

Just to say thanks Aaron for posting what you are, keeping us informed!

@darrenr No problem. I just want all the Bond fans to be up to date. :)