SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Should I give it a go?
  • RC7RC7
    StoneShi wrote:
    There would be about 50 people of these forums with more off a passion for 007 than Broccoli family. Let's see some new blood.

The day 'fans' are allowed near a franchise is the day it goes to shit.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,350
    It's good to see Chiwetel Ejiofor's name pop up again.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2014 Posts: 4,451
    It confirm Debbie McWilliams is back as casting directer. One of the crew members who's return not realy be suprise.
    I can't believe some muppet is calling for Barbara Broccoli and Mike Wilson to step away from the franchise. Unbelievable!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    StoneShi wrote:
    Bad management from the Cubby Broccolli family. Time too pass the mantle on to someone new. Someone who give a damn about the legacy and some proffessionalism.

Yeah great idea - bin MGW and Babs and give the studio total control. Who knows we might be really lucky and they might even manage to coax Michael Bay into taking the directors seat.

Jesus Christ - I come back to this?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    StoneShi wrote:
    Bad management from the Cubby Broccolli family. Time too pass the mantle on to someone new. Someone who give a damn about the legacy and some proffessionalism.

Yeah great idea - bin MGW and Babs and give the studio total control. Who knows we might be really lucky and they might even manage to coax Michael Bay into taking the directors seat.

Welcome back, sorry you had to step in a pile of poo as you walked in the door. Things have gotten pretty crazy over the last few weeks since the lack of news. Should've seen how it was when P&W were announced to return!
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    The prodigal Wiz has returned! Good too see you, old boy
  • Welcome back, Wizard! Pay no attention to the silly stuff, it'll always be with us...
  • And he hasn't missed a beat. Unfortunately, you'll find that Lazenby was the first casualty in our Great Bond Elimination Game, but you'll also find yourself nominated for the greatest Lazenby fan award, and it shall no longer have to be in absentia.
    StoneShi wrote:

Fab post after so long away. ;-) =D>

Great to have you back.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 1,261
    Well, there is a slight mistake in this. The article says, that the original script was written by P&W and being rewritten by John Logan. If I got that right, it is the other way round?
    Well, there is a slight msitake in this. The article says, that the original script was written by P&W and being rewritten by John Logan. If I got that right, it is the other way round?

It's just something thrown together by the talent agency. It's full of inconsistencies. Like I said early this morning, I figure they took miscellaneous tidbits from the Internet and threw it up there, hence Chiwetel Ejiofor being attached when he isn't confirmed.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    RC7 wrote:
    StoneShi wrote:
    There would be about 50 people of these forums with more off a passion for 007 than Broccoli family. Let's see some new blood.

Indeed. And reportedly the reason the opera sequence of QoS had to be re-edited once it was spotted that a Super Fan was trying to photobomb every crowd/audience scene.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Fans! Ugh! Can't live with them, entertainers wouldn't have a career without them.

Photobomb idiots are everywhere, I swear.

Fans in charge of Bond would be a complete disaster.
    Bounine wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    The lack of real news is very annoying.

Agree with you big time Getafix! Especially with all the changes that appear to be happening? ~X(

I think that lack of news is a good thing. The less one knows about the film the better. Although I realise some people like going into a Bond film knowing everything that happens every minute of the film to the point where it's like you've alrady seen the film and there are no surprises left. Something I've never understood but each to their own. :)

Just a few possible locations? or cast members? Certainly not one for knowing everything? I always avoid spoilers for films i am really pumped for.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Some people could not take that news:

argentina-coach.gif
    Well, as for TWINE, some experts here pointed out, that the final version was done by Apteds wife Dana Stevens, and apparently she did the most harm to that script. And as for DAD, Tamahori wanted all this shit to be in the script, and apparently Babs and Mike did not stop him, and P&W just did, what they were ordered to do...
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Seriously all this criticism of BB & MGW, so called pissing on the legacy of Cubby. Seriously ARB was not the faultless god of Bond some would like to think.

Yes this is the same Cubby that told Spielberg he wasn't ready to direct Bond despite having been responsible for the biggest blockbuster of all time Jaws. Spielberg showed ARB though and gave us an action adventure film that betters any Bond film. So he wasn't ready, who's film are we aping in some second rate Bond adventure a mere 2 years later but Stevie's Indiana Jones?

At least BB and MGW see Bond beyond directors by numbers like John Glen and are willing to give individuals a chance instead of in house lackeys with no vision at all. Seriously do you think Bond would be were it is with the modern day equivalent of Glen directing the Craig era?

• edited July 2014 Posts: 11,425
    Look, I think we all know that Bond would have been finished on the big screen decades ago if it wasn't for the persistence and commitment of Babs and MGW, but that doesn't mean that we can't express frustration with them sometimes. It would be cool to see what different producers could do with the series, but undoubtedly that route would soon lead to the series ending. We might get a splendidly original entry from some auteur director, but where then? It's the Brocolli family that have kept and continue to keep the show on the road. For that they deserve respect.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    RC7 wrote:
    StoneShi wrote:

That said neither is blind faith in Broccoli/Wilson family nepotism the future. The seminal 007 Legends executively produced by David G Wilson anybody? Don't try telling me a load of fanboys and a Commodore 64 wouldn't have produced better results?
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 11,425
    Shardlake wrote:
    Seriously all this criticism of BB & MGW, so called pissing on the legacy of Cubby. Seriously ARB was not the faultless god of Bond some would like to think.

Yes this is the same Cubby that told Spielberg he wasn't ready to direct Bond despite having been responsible for the biggest blockbuster of all time Jaws. Spielberg showed ARB though and gave us an action adventure film that betters any Bond film. So he wasn't ready, who's film are we aping in some second rate Bond adventure a mere 2 years later but Stevie's Indiana Jones?

At least BB and MGW see Bond beyond directors by numbers like John Glen and are willing to give individuals a chance instead of in house lackeys with no vision at all. Seriously do you think Bond would be were it is with the modern day equivalent of Glen directing the Craig era?

Isn't Martin Cambell a bit like the modern day equivalent of Glen? A journeyman director who has worked his way up and knows the business back to front. Glen may not have been an auteur director but he still helmed 3 of my favourite entries in the series. Less of the Glen knocking please - he's massively and unfairly underrated round here. To be honest, it's a steady pair of hands like his that has so obviously been missing over the last quarter century of very hit and miss Bond movies.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    StoneShi wrote:

Mary poppins what's that!?
    Absolutely tremendous news that you're back wizard! God I've missed you!
    RC7 wrote:
    StoneShi wrote:

Agreed. Except me. I am a fan and I am planning to direct a Bond film 20-30 years from now. It won't be shit, I promise. :) A young 30-35 year old Bond, basic gadgets, no Moneypenny, no Q, Bond never wears a suit or a tuxedo in the whole movie. Fluid cinematography but absolutely no shaky cam, think "The Tree of Life". Great emphasis on impeccable costume design, inspired by the movie "Io sono l'amore". A very unique Bond girl: a young divorced woman with children (don't worry they never appear in the movie, they are only mentioned). Very Bondian locations. NO ugly Central Asian underground tunnels, NO fake looking lairs shot entirely in a studio. 3 locations maximum! Very simple but not simplistic plot with very strong characters. A Bond movie shouldn't be a complicated thriller but rather a suspense/drama with 3 amazing action scenes. In cinemas around 2040! ;)
    RC7 wrote:
    StoneShi wrote:

Agreed. Except me. I am a fan and I am planning to direct a Bond film 20-30 years from now. It won't be shit, I promise. :) A young 30-35 year old Bond, basic gadgets, no Moneypenny, no Q, Bond never wears a suit or a tuxedo in the whole movie. Fluid cinematography but absolutely no shaky cam, think "The Tree of Life". Great emphasis on impeccable costume design, inspired by the movie "Io sono l'amore". A very unique Bond girl: a young divorced woman with children (don't worry they never appear in the movie, they are only mentioned). Very Bondian locations. NO ugly Central Asian underground tunnels, NO fake looking lairs shot entirely in a studio. 3 locations maximum! Very simple but not simplistic plot with very strong characters. A Bond movie shouldn't be a complicated thriller but rather a suspense/drama with 3 amazing action scenes. In cinemas around 2040! ;)

This better not become a "My Bond movie would be like.." thread. I will flag for days.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 4,619
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    This better not become a "My Bond movie would be like.." thread. I will flag for days.

This has been a thread for everything Bond related for a loong time. ;) Oh and it's not like "My Bond movie would be like..". it's "My Bond movie WILL be like.."
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    StoneShi wrote:

=))
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

This has been a thread for everything Bond related for a loong time. ;) Oh and it's not like "My Bond movie would be like..". it's "My Bond movie WILL be like.."

Well, unless your Bond movie WILL be Bond 24 (and hopefully not, if you're planning 2040), feel free to share it.. elsewhere.
    I, for one, am still waiting for that Hoytema announcement...*taps fingers on table*.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    My hopes are still up for Emmanuel Lubezki as the DoP. Look no further then "The Tree Of Life" or "Children Of Men" to see that he got the talent!