How many times have you seen your most watched bond film?

Comments

• edited March 2012 Posts: 5,634
    You went some 42 years between watching On Her Majestys Secret Service first and then again? Don't know why but that just got my attention. Even my least favorite Bond adventures I've seen countless times but time span would be like 42 days in between or thereabouts, nothing so great as what was said in the last post
  • DB5DB5
    Absolutely true Baltimore_007! Saw it for the second time a couple of months ago. and the only reason I did was because of what so many on this site said about it. As I've mentioned, it's hardly ever part of the "Bond marathons" that are shown on tv.
    Don't you own a copy of it on VHS or DVD or such ?
  • DB5DB5
    No, took the cheap way out and borrowed it from the public library. The same library where I found a paperback copy of OHMSS. They really need to pay the librarians there more, they really have a good collection!
    I stop counting after ten viewings and I've seen every film at least 10 times including the two latest, QoS and CR.
    DAF though I've probably seen about 25 times. Same with LALD and TMWTGG and maybe GF too
    timmer wrote:
    I stop counting after ten viewings and I've seen every film at least 10 times including the two latest, QoS and CR.
    DAF though I've probably seen about 25 times. Same with LALD and TMWTGG and maybe GF too

DAF for me as well is the one I've seen the most. I think what critics of this film overlook is how memorable it is and the rewatchability is very high. My left brain, the logical side, tells me that this is a film with flaws, that perhaps it is a stretch from the original Flemming concept. But my right brain, the creative side, tells me it's a highly colorful and entertaining film, if not the most so of the entire series.

Some of the more 'serious' Bond films I don't have the desire to keep going back to, even though they are perhaps better constructed films.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Most watched : GE by far.
    Probably GF or GE. Followed by TMWTGG and then OP.

When I was 8 and 9 I watched at least parts of GE everday.
    The same for GF when I was 12.
    I saw OP many times when I was 16, AND TMWTGG loads of times since 2011. Before that I probably had seen it ten times. And that´s what I think is the number of times I´ve seen CR and QOS. LTK, TLD, OHMSS, DAF and FRWL I haven´t seen that many times either, perhaps 15-20 times.

How does it hold up for you over years DC007?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2012 Posts: 15,690
    JBFan626 wrote:

How does it hold up for you over years DC007?

Holds up very good. Always a blast to watch that film - waiting for the cult classic scenes, to quote the films as you go... the last fantastic Bond soundtrack... I remember being a huge fan of GE on the N64... and when I discovered the film I was amazed. This film opened me to the world of Bond, and I am grateful. The movies I watched a lot when I was younger and that didn't hold up are TWINE and GF.

• edited March 2012 Posts: 940
    I've never counted but I'd estimate it in the hundreds.

I started watching Bond films from the age of about 5 or 6 and haven't stopped since. Wouldn't know which is the most viewed. As a child, it would have been one of the Roger's. Nowadays, it's more likely to be any out of TB, OHMSS, TLD, LTK and FRWL. Least would probably be DAD, TWINE and AVTAK.

With 22 in the canon, I never find myself watching one a bit too much and spoiling enjoyment. Got DN on the go at the moment. Superb.
    I got the vhs videos in the late 90s so 12-14 years worth of watching however many times that is, I honesty don't know :D
    I estimate I've watched more Roger Moore releases than any other actor with regards to the franchise

Most likely because Moore did the most than all the others and I actually do get some enjoyment out of most of them, despite the sometimes overbearing stupidity

Next up would be Connery most likely, yes I'm sure of that

Not really a fan on OHMSS so poor George never really got much of a look in

Dalton may be my favorite but I don't necessarily watch his two releases that often

Brosnan has had some viewings, I usually put Die Another Day on if I need a laugh or am merely feeling masochistic, and then there's always the excellent TWINE and very good Goldeneye for good measure

Craig does get a view every now and again, but not too often

• I watch Goldeneye a lot. It's a Bond film that I can watch for the rest of my Life & never get tired of it.
  • There are obviously some Bond movies I watch more often than others which I assume would be the same for most of us. I always manage to watch even my least favourite once a year at least.
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    GoldenEye : 13 times.
  • Obviously the older you are, the more Bond films you may have watched, most would look upon

I've seen Goldeneye more than 13 times for sure, probably nearly 50 or 60 if the truth be known, but that's only a rough estimate

Least watched would be Thunderball, I'm sure of it. Don't even own a copy, but as for most viewed ? Once again, has to be a Moore release, because that's where the most fun to be had was, but don't really know what is 'most watched' of even them

Live and Let Die, Moonraker and Golden Gun for example, would be in triple figures, but can't really add anymore to that
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Obviously the older you are, the more Bond films you may have watched, most would look upon

I've seen Goldeneye more than 13 times for sure, probably nearly 50 or 60 if the truth be known, but that's only a rough estimate

Least watched would be Thunderball, I'm sure of it. Don't even own a copy, but as for most viewed ? Once again, has to be a Moore release, because that's where the most fun to be had was, but don't really know what is 'most watched' of even them

Live and Let Die, Moonraker and Golden Gun for example, would be in triple figures, but can't really add anymore to that

QoS is least watched for you, I am sure.
  • CIACIA
    edited February 2013 Posts: 120
    Tie between Skyfall and Goldfinger
  • @Brady Actually - Yes !

But at least I've seen it, more recently than Thunderball. The memories are fresher

They're the only two James Bond releases I don't have a copy of incidentally
    Probably Goldfinger. 100+ times perhaps? I don't know. I watch each Bond movie at least once a year.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'Goldeneye,' which has to be anywhere from 100-200 times. I watched it nonstop as a kid, and I really haven't stopped since. I'm sure I could confidently put it closer to 200 times.
    Wow? I have no idea?!!! 8-X
  • I've seen THUNDERBALL around 4 times and OHMSS exactly 3 times. Yeah, not too much a record!
    When I was growing up, we had premium channels with our cable subscription. Thus, I was able to watch For Your Eyes Only, Octopussy, A View to a Kill, The Living Daylights and Licence to Kill at least a dozen times each. I didn't keep an exact count (I was a kid), so I can't really say which one I watched the most.

During the same period, the older Bond films used to air occasionally on ABC. Thus, I was able to see all of them by the time I started high school, including that weird re-edit of On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Not sure if I saw any of them more than once that way, however.

In any case, since I began to collect the films, (first on VHS in the late-'90s, then on DVD, now on Blu-Ray), my most watched film is probably Live and Let Die, and the count is upward of 50 times (at least 3 times a year, starting in '96).

Several other films are up in the same range, including From Russia With Love, The Living Daylights, Goldfinger, and the aforementioned OHMSS and FYEO.
  • Jarrod wrote:
    I've seriously seen all the Bond films at least 200 times each, if not more! OHMSS I've seen the most because it's my favorite. Goldeneye I saw at least 10 times in the theater, and even went so far as to see it at the drive-in, in a theater in Germany dubbed in German, and Switzerland in english w/ french and german subs. I've seen OHMSS in the theater in NJ for a special screening and at the Film Forum in NY (as part of a retrospective). When I was interning at New York's Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) in the film archive's department, I was given two personal screenings in their theater of 2 movies of my choice from their entire film inventory. To their amazement and shock I chose OHMSS out of all their rarities. I was told to write a condition report on the quality of their print. Though they were a little bummed I chose that film, they were even more bummed when I informed them that their copy was butchered by 20 minutes!!! I know the film so well, I could tell them every missing scene! I really love that film!

Geez! You've spent 24 years of just watching Bond? ^:)^
    Since buying the clunky video back in 1985 i have seen fyeo over 200 times.

Least watched? Probably ge.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    If I ever got a tour of a film archives room I would never leave! They would need at least 4 security personnel and at least two taser guns to get me out of there. The two films I would choose would be 1.) Casablanca for sure, but I am not sure what the other would be...

The Maltese Falcon, The Third Man and Citizen Kane would be top choices because I unfortunately wasn't alive to see them on the big screen and their stunning camera work and cinematography would be a marvel to see in a theater. I would also throw in From Russia With Love or Psycho. What a treat it would be to see any of them on a huge screen with only me to enjoy it. One thing is certain: A Casablanca screening would mean I could die happy.
  • My least watched is SF right now but that'll change when the DVD comes out.
    One thing is certain: A Casablanca screening would mean I could die happy.

If you're ever in the Boston area in February, the Brattle Theatre in Cambridge runs a Casablanca marathon every year for one weekend around Valentine's Day. I went to college in the area, and thanks to the Brattle, my first ever viewing of Casablanca was on the big screen. It's an unparalleled experience.