The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

• echoecho 007 in New York
    M Is For Maudlin
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    QBranch wrote: »
    Of the four remaining titles, I much prefer Risico, and expect them to use that before the other three. Always loved Benson's Zero Minus Ten.

There's some great game titles too: Agent Under Fire, NightFire, EON, BloodStone or maybe even Operation Stealth/The Stealth Affair.

I like this one!

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Fleming had some alternative titles to his stories that could've been great. "The Undertaker's Wind", "Death Leaves An Echo", "Wide of the Mark" could all theoretically work.
  • How about 'All Time High', Craig always wanted to go out on a high note!
  • My favorite title for BOND 25 is:

25u3zg9.jpg

;)
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 15,818
    I do feel Craig needs his multi-word title.

THE PROPERTY OF A LADY remains my favorite unused title.
    Fleming had some alternative titles to his stories that could've been great. "The Undertaker's Wind", "Death Leaves An Echo", "Wide of the Mark" could all theoretically work.

I like all of those as well. I really a want title that is bold enough to break this current trend of bland repetitive movie titles. The upcoming SHAFT sequel is just called SHAFT.....as was the last sequel. To me that is about as imaginative as calling every new Bond film DR NO.

I do hope we get an unused Fleming title this time or something obviously Fleming related.

And as I never tire of saying, there are plenty of good chapter titles left as well.

Revelator wrote: »

And as I never tire of saying, there are plenty of good chapter titles left as well.

Yes. I always felt SEASCAPE WITH FIGURES was a lovely chapter title from OHMSS. Could be a McGuffin museum art-piece that gets stolen or something.
    I also liked THE ELEGANT VENUS from DN.
  • How about 'All Time High', Craig always wanted to go out on a high note!
    Yup I like that, and speaking of other Bond theme titles, "Nobody Does it Better" is a great title for a Bond flick.
  • Well, it would certainly put a lot of pressure to the movie, for sure, hehe.
    So that was you who called me I had assumed it was lee tamahori he calls once a day it’s very annoying
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Revelator wrote: »

I like Death Leaves An Echo. I'd appreciate it--if they know it's Craig's last--if they choose a title with an air of finality.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Not bad. Likewise if they used Bruce in the title they've got my vote.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Birdleson wrote: »
    They woman on the other end was completely irritated that someone would just call up and ask. Then I asked her when the title would be released and she was just as dismissive.

Understandable, after all they went through with Gustav Graves.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    You should have called her Darling.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited February 2019 Posts: 6,738
    That call to Eon Productions could be the beginning of some amusing prank calling. With a soundboard, the possibilities would be endless...

"Barbara Broccoli calls Eon Productions"
    "Michael G. Wilson calls Eon Productions"
    "Tom Cruise calls Eon Productions"
    "Ian Fleming calls Eon Productions"
    "Kevin McClory calls Eon Productions"
    "Harry Saltzman calls Eon Productions"
    "Daniel Craig calls Eon Productions about his wrists"
    "Sean Connery calls Eon Productions about his money"
    "Pierce Brosnan calls Eon Productions just to insult them"
    "Some kid asking for 20,000 baht calls Eon Productions"

Should anyone be caught, we'd have to explain the whole thing started with a call from a James Bond forum moderator, haha!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    mattjoes wrote: »
    "Some kid asking for 20,000 baht calls Eon Productions"
    That had me going kaput as a living being for a couple of minutes. =))
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Both of those are too self-indulgent for me. Fleming would never give as a title that simply lauded Bond.

I concur.
    But I also believe they would never call a Bond movie THE UNDERTAKERS WIND!!!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Don't know if it has already been posted, but here's an infographic of all Fleming's alternative titles. Actually for The Property of a Lady Fleming also imagined The Diamond Egg and The Fabulous Pay-Off.

0ycigrf68clz.jpg
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,541
    The only one from it I actually like -

The wound man
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    The problem with most of these titles you guys are suggesting are that they sound more like the title of a 'The Man from U.N.C.L.E.' episode than an actual James Bond film.
    Honestly in 89 I wouldn’t of minded if instead of Licence to Kill they used the title Rough Justice... honestly that title screams 1980’s with a great theme from Eric Clapton or George throughougood...

Honestly most of these titles could work which is why I genuinely wonder why bond films use original titles

Tomorrow never dies would of been better as The Inhuman Element (regarding the journislt trying to create war to create profit)

Die another day should of been The Deadly Gambit

Skyfall Would of been great as Death Leaves an Echo

Regardless bond 25 should be The property of a lady
  • Mathis1 wrote: »
    But I also believe they would never call a Bond movie THE UNDERTAKERS WIND!!!
    Agreed. I think there's a reason those are the alternate titles.

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    We can all agree that Fleming always made the right choices.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Risico%20copy.jpg?psid=1
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Why Would You Welcome Death
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Honestly in 89 I wouldn’t of minded if instead of Licence to Kill they used the title Rough Justice... honestly that title screams 1980’s with a great theme from Eric Clapton or George throughougood...

Very eighties indeed. "Patrick Swayze in Rough Justice"
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Death Is Forever

Two birds with one stone. ;)
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I quite like trigger finger
  • To Live or to Die