Felix Leiter should remain the same actor

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    The best Felix Leiter is the one in NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The best Felix Leiter is the one in NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN
    Bernie Casey is my second favourite right after Jack Lord. Followed by Jeffrey Wright, Rick Van Nutter and then come the rest...
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    David Hedison in LALD talking to Bond on the phone about buying the best lunch in New York always reminds me of the novel and I get a warm glow from that.
    David Hedison in LALD (and LTK) is the second best Felix anyway of the EON pictures.

After him it'll be Jack Lord, who should have been kept for the Connery era.

Then probably Jeffrey Wright.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    I thought he was a great casting and agree they should've kept him in the role

Would be great to have Felix in Bond 25 as it would be I still believe DC's swan song as 007.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    My favourite Felix is still Jack Lord. But I generally liked them all, even the much derided John Terry is ok in my book, except for Norman Burton.

Actually Bernie Casey might be my number two or three if NSNA is included.
    I also have no problem with Norman Burton. He portrayed a 70s cinematic US government agent like he was supposed to. Perhaps not a great Felix Leiter, but he was convincing in the act. The only one who was completely miscast was John Terry.
    David Hedison in LALD (and LTK) is the second best Felix anyway of the EON pictures.

Jack Lord wanted star billing and was going to cost Eon too much. That's why he was dropped after DN.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Jack Lord wanted star billing and was going to cost Eon too much. That's why he was dropped after DN.
    Yes, Eon was right to drop him. Otherwise, we would have had an I-Spy prototype with Goldfinger, with Felix Leiter holding the co-lead with James Bond as the heroes going after Auric Goldfinger. No thanks. I wish they could've gotten Rik Van Nutter for the role, though.

Lord has always been known for his trouble-making nature. Even on the set of Hawaii Five-O, I've heard he argued and got into fights with the cast and crew a lot.
    Yes, one gets the impression that Jack Lord thought most highly of himself.

He was a good first Felix Leiter though in DN.
    Regardless, he's my all-time favourite Felix. The American CIA's answer to Britain's Super-Agent James Bond.

A shame he had this attitude problem. Maybe that is why I always disliked him in Hawaii Five-0: he seemed so much full of himself and his character was close to Mary Sue territory.
    Ludovico wrote: »

A shame he had this attitude problem. Maybe that is why I always disliked him in Hawaii Five-0: he seemed so much full of himself and his character was close to Mary Sue territory.

I saw used boxsets of Hawaii Five-0 going quite cheap recently. Maybe I should invest in them? Never seen the show I'm afraid to say.
    @Dragonpol

I bought the first seasons but couldn't make it through season two I'm afraid. It's a good show certainly but there is no nostalgia factor for me as I had never seen it before. Maybe that's why I couldn't enjoy it.
    That's often the case with police dramas of the time, Jason. I had similar problems going through The Sweeney with John Thaw, first. But, come to think of it, I did get used to it later on. Starsky & Hutch faced similar issues, too.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    No question about who was the worst: John Terry.
    At least he gets a lot of women. ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Linder gets too little love. He was a genuinely sympathetic leiter.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Lord's Felix was a sober, hard, asshole.
    That's what makes him likable, though. Much like Connery's Bond for the same reasons.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    I have no issue with them recasting the character of Felix Leiter. It's happened plenty of times and, for the most part it worked (with the exception of John Terry). However, I do like Jeffrey Wright so wouldn't have an issue if he was to return.
    In the video games subsidiary universe of the rebooted canon, they recast Felix with a white actor, who actually was very similar to Fleming's Felix.
    I see that Felix Leiter now has his own spin-off comic.
    I see that Felix Leiter now has his own spin-off comic.
    Indeed. And the merrier it is when the story reintroduces us Tiger Tanaka who hires Felix to see to investigating a terrorist act.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 820
    At least he gets a lot of women. ;)
    Well David Hedison who was 2 of Bond movies & worked with Roger Moore 2 movies. North Sea Hijack & Naked Face. He was also in one Roger Moore The Saint episodes. He was in one Shaft episode too. I blame him for Felix Liether & delay of James Bond after Licence to Kill.. Jeffrey Wright can't be the new Shaft because already played the Villain. It would be great he play Felix Liether more than couple of times.
    Jeffrey Wright is rumoured to return as Felix Leiter for the third time. It would great instead change actor like the 60's. He appeared with Daniel Craig in Invasion opposite Nicole Kidman. I hope he persuade Daniel Craig to come back in Bond 25 as 007 for the 5th & last time.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 170
    delete
    I'm all for Jeffrey
    Jeffrey Donovan would make hell of a Felix Leiter. ;)
    My favourite 'past' Felix is Rik Van Nutter,shame he didn't get to do more than one.He also looks the most like Fleming's Felix.

But,i'm fine with Wright coming back,at least it means consistency to the character for once !!