India Locations Cancelled [Was: 'India Locations Selected']

Comments

All an article has to do is directly quote someone - Craig, Mendes, Babs, MGW, etc. - directly involved in production, and there's your absolute certainty.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited September 2011 Posts: 8,009
    It's a shame. Some of the proposed India locations are spectacular.
    Sigh... we'll in a month's time we'll know a lot more.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    I wonder if they would scrap the India shoot without knowing for sure that they have a backup option that will work out. To me this suggests that they have an alternative scenario worked out that is already approved (in which case the press did not get wind of it) or is at least close to approval.
    IMDB is reporting that production "may be pushed to early 2012 due to location delays.." here:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1074638/

BUMMER
    IMDB is reporting that production "may be pushed to early 2012 due to location delays.." here:

BUMMER
    No, it's not IMDB who's reporting it, just someone with an IMDB pro account. As you can see it, it's written there since the 25th of August. Since Craig confirmed it last week, that filming begins in October, there is nothing to worry about.

• do we have a date when filming is expected to finish, Bond XXIII will be released to the public on 9th November next year (US) apparently, but when is filming generally expected to conclude or thereabouts
    do we have a date when filming is expected to finish, Bond XXIII will be released to the public on 9th November next year (US) apparently, but when is filming generally expected to conclude or thereabouts
    Cinematographer Roger Deakins wrote on his official website that filming will conclude sometime in May. He wrote this on the 4th of August:

I am now working on a film that is based in London but also shoots in other countries and which will probably take me until sometime in May of next year.

Source: http://www.deakinsonline.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1846
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2011 Posts: 13,350
    That's a near 8 month shoot, quite something, though they'll be a break for Christmas in there of course.

Here's the latest:

James Bond is no longer coming to India. Despite a green signal from the Indian railways ministry, plans to shoot a few action sequences for the British super spy film have been shelved.

'The production company, India Take One Productions, have communicated to the railway ministry that they are not shooting the next Bond film in India, and that they are looking at other places,' sources from the railway ministry confirmed to IANS.

'The production company has thanked the railway ministry for their co-operation in the past few months,' added the sources.
    The producers of the movie, tentatively titled 'Bond 23?, wanted to shoot high-speed stunts on the Indian Railways. There was a request to shoot on the rooftop of a moving train, as well as inside a tunnel. However, they were having trouble getting permission due to safety and security issues.

Though the ministry gave the go-ahead to the film's January-March 2012 shooting schedule, officials were worried about the production team's demand of 'locking off the lines for seven-eight hours a day for seven days in a row'.

The crew of 'Bond 23?, starring Daniel Craig, had also short-listed Goa's Dudh Sagar waterfalls as one of the locations. Now, the shooting is likely to move to South Africa, according to media reports.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hollywood/news-interviews/Bond-23-producers-cancel-India-shoot/articleshow/10128359.cms

BUMMER
    First of all, you're trusting IMdB. Which is something everyone on the internet knows you shouldn't do. Secondly, filming in India wasn't due to take place until 2012 anyway.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Though railway minsiter Dinesh Trivedi himself had intervened to sort out the issue, where was the hitch? Trivedi said, "I've heard the news. No one from the film production unit has personally got in touch with me even though I had met them earlier. I am yet to know what the problems were. I personally took the initiative to ensure that things were on track. At times, the budget doesn't suit the people concerned and then, the railways becomes a punching bag. It's easy to put the blame on us. While the Bond franchise is important for us, so is the safety of people. At the end of the day, Indian Railways is bigger than Bond. It can survive without Bond."

Will the minister try to find out if there were any red-tape issues in his department? Safety concerns would be as important in South Africa as in India and if permissions can be granted there, why would India take more time? "I'll find out if such a thing has happened. Even now, if there is anything I can do, I am still ready to give it a shot," Trivedi added.

Pravesh Sahni from India Take One Productions said, "I am not blaming the Railways at all. In fact, I have sent a letter to the ministry thanking the railway minister for personally taking an initiative in this issue."

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-09-25/news-interviews/30200361_1_railway-minister-indian-railways-dinesh-trivedi

It seems even Trivedi was unsure as to why everything went down the way it did.

I hope Bond can return to India one day soon. Maybe without the trains.

BUMMER
    First of all, you're trusting IMdB. Which is something everyone on the internet knows you shouldn't do. Secondly, filming in India wasn't due to take place until 2012 anyway.

This was brought up due to EON delaying the shoot from October to January long ago which recently morphed into the "Bond 23 production delayed!" rubbish. Someone can't read and blew the whole thing way out of proportion as per usual.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    First of all, you're trusting IMdB. Which is something everyone on the internet knows you shouldn't do.
    Yes you can trust IMDB. For the crew list, IMDB is the most trustworthy site I know of.
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 5,745
    This was brought up due to EON delaying the shoot from October to January long ago which recently morphed into the "Bond 23 production delayed!" rubbish. Someone can't read and blew the whole thing way out of proportion as per usual.
    Whoah whoah whoah. Watch your tone. Did NOT blow the thing out of proportion. Chill out. You people can be real human beings sometimes.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    You people can be real tossers sometimes.
    Let's not start with the name calling, this only leads to flaming, and warnings.
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 5,745
    You people can be real boop sometimes.
    Let's not start with the name calling, this only leads to flaming, and warnings.
    edit. Thanks shadow.
    He's not talking about you. When Samuel001 said "someone can't read and blew the whole thing out of proportion as per usual", he was talking about the IMdB user who posted it in the first place. Not you.
    Yes you can trust IMDB.
    Personlly, I think that's your funeral. I still remember that, during pre-production of QUANTUM OF SOLACE - before it had a title - IMdB users insisted the film had the working title of "Risico Quessi" and "Risico Hessi". I'm opposed to "Risico" in general; that much is known - but I do acknowledge that however silly and made-up I think it is, it's still a part of Bond canon. "Quessi" and "Hessi", on the other hand, are absolutely made-up words and have nothing to do with Bond.

So forgive me if I'm unwilling to trust IMdB.
  • I am sure that using India as a location would have resulted in some stunning visuals and added greatly to the overall tone of the movie (just remember "Octopussy"). However, cancelling the shoot was the right thing to do. Although the Bond franchise is big in cross-promoting and product placement for sure, the whole India thing became ridiculous when those train guys made strong demands and even wanted Craig to be a their brand ambassador---as was reported on MI6.

I wonder if the plot of the movie will still include India with South Africa being used to double for that location, or if South Africa now actually becomes part of Bond 23's storyline.
    Why can't South Africa be South Africa and double as India? Sure, we know that filming won't be taking place in India, but the wider public probably doesn't, so they wouldn't know the difference. Production would just have to be careful not to let something so obviously South African - like a train engine - slip into "India" or vice versa.
  • Why can't South Africa be South Africa and double as India? Sure, we know that filming won't be taking place in India, but the wider public probably doesn't, so they wouldn't know the difference. Production would just have to be careful not to let something so obviously South African - like a train engine - slip into "India" or vice versa.
    Well, how about the fact dat people from India don't look like people from South Africa? I think you can scrap the idea of doubling. Just use South Africa as South Africa. Next to that, we still have Istanbul. Maybe New York?

Maybe New York?
    Where the hell is that coming from?
    Early last Year
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2011 Posts: 15,694
    Yes you can trust IMDB.
    Personlly, I think that's your funeral
    Once again you don't read people's post. I didn't say you can trust IMDB on everything. I said that the IMDB info on the CREW (all the technical workers on a movie) is very trustworthy. Yes I am aware that cast, release dates and title are not trustworthy at all, so thanks for stating the obvious. But for the crew, IMDB is the best site out there.
    Maybe New York?
    Where the hell is that coming from?
    Please don't post if you're going to boss people around, again. Seriously, you are getting annoying, and very unfriendly and rude.

• edited September 2011 Posts: 1,894
    If there is a problem with my posting, the moderators will deal with it. They don't need you to take it upon yourself to start policing the forums. Seriously, all you're doing is compounding the problem. Sure, you can read someone posting "where the hell is that coming from?" as that person bossing other people around. Or, you can read someone posting "where the hell is that coming from?" as that person expressing confusion at the sudden arrival of a concept that has not, to date, been expressed. Which one do you think I was aiming for? Here's a hint: I wasn't irate before, but I am now.

Honestly, you've been gunning for me ever since I said I didn't agree with your opinion on the best way to make a Bond film. Ever since then, you've been prowling around, passing judgement on my posts, taking my comments out of context while accusing me of doing the same thing (I did, after all, say that it was my personal opinion that IMdB could not be trusted at all, regradless of which parts you think you can trust), and you've insisted on keeping it in the public space of the forum instead of taking it to private message like you ought to.
    Anyway... Back on topic...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Anyway... Back on topic...
    Way to be the bigger man @DC007.
    Sorry @0Brady, I don't have time for shadow's ramblings.
    And yet, you expect us to make time for your own. Is that fair?
    And yet, you expect us to make time for your own. Is that fair?
    Yes well atleast I talk about Bond stuff, not like your rambling 4 posts earlier.

Anyway BACK ON TOPIC.
    Uh-huh. Because I'm seeing a lot of Bond-related content in your post, six back.
    Uh-huh. Because I'm seeing a lot of Bond-related content in your post, six back.
    So you are basing your statement on... 2 posts out of almost 1500+ ?