The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

• TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    I suspect the lack of interest in CR67 here is hampering anyone answering this. I've never even seen the whole thing.
    All right, one more clue. No, make that two :

1) It's not something you see.

2) On both cases, it happens at the end of each movie.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Is it "Shaken, not stirred"?
    edited January 2016 Posts: 4,151
    Hmmm, "Licence To Kill"? But then I think it appears on Zorin's computer screen in AVTAK.
    I remnd you that nobody has answered my question. So, I'll rephrase it :

In the official series, what makes TMWTGG stand out among the rest.

Clues so far :

It's something that's also shared by CR '67

It happens at the end of the movie

It has to do with a very important character

It's not something that we see.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Hmmm, "Licence To Kill"? But then I think it appears on Zorin's computer screen in AVTAK.

Yes, it is "LICENCE TO KILL", I looked for it at the point you say in AVTAK, but must have missed it.

Thank you. Maybe I'm mistaken with AVTAK. Apologies. Anyway, before I go, would you like me to wait until the question asked by @Gerard is answered? That one has me stumped.
    Haha, thanks. The question set by @Gerard is a tough one. Can't think of anything it may be.
    All right, here'zs a clue : it has something to do with a Scot. Well, in TMWTGG, two Scots.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Yes, it is "LICENCE TO KILL", I looked for it at the point you say in AVTAK, but must have missed it.

I think it says armed and dangerous.

I think it says armed and dangerous.

I think that is my error there, I knew there was something on the screen but wasn't 100% if it was "Licence To Kill" or not.

Gerard wrote: »
    All right, here'zs a clue : it has something to do with a Scot. Well, in TMWTGG, two Scots.

Still uninspired by this one. Must be a tricky as there are James Bond aficionado's on here with much more knowledge than what I have. Any more clues?

Ok, I'm going to try a guess on the question set by @Gerard. Is this to do with the end title song for TMWTGG? As we know the lyrics are slightly changed from the opening title song and feature lyrics such as "Never fear.....James Bond is here" and, if my memory serves me correct, there is a similar line in the CR '67 title song. Any good? This question has had me racking what little brains I have and they're all pretty much kaput now...... :D
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 5,861
    Indeed, Shark. TMWTGG (and CR '67) are the only movies where the name "James Bond" appears in the final song of each movie. Proof here :

and here :

As forr the Scots reference : Well Bond is scottish, and so is Lulu (née Marie McDonald McLaughlin Lawrie). A true Flower of Scotland indeed.
    Many thanks @Gerard, that took some working out but got there in the end. A great question.

So, on to the next one. This may be very easy ( I know that the knowledge some of you guys is immense) but it’s a little bit of trivia I came across a few days ago while reading things on the internet.

Four actors who have appeared in James Bond movies; Burt Kwouk, Steven Berkoff, Maryam D’Abo and Pat Roach – what do they all have in common?

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    They have all nearly died . In fact some have by now
    That's not what I'm looking for I'm afraid.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The only thing I can come across (after checking out their IMDB) is that they were all in some show that I've never heard of called 'Space Precinct.' I never in a million years would've gotten that - actually not sure if we're even allowed to utilize the Internet or IMDB for this game mode - but might that be it? Otherwise, I've no clue!
    Well, Space Precinct was one of the last live-action series produced by the great late and lamented Gerry Anderson. It didn't set the world on fire, though.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The only thing I can come across (after checking out their IMDB) is that they were all in some show that I've never heard of called 'Space Precinct.' I never in a million years would've gotten that - actually not sure if we're even allowed to utilize the Internet or IMDB for this game mode - but might that be it? Otherwise, I've no clue!

Yes, you have it. Nice detective work there. Space Precinct was a short lived SciFi series from Gerry Anderson from around 1994. I actually enjoyed the series when it aired in the UK and, recently, thanks to finding my Space Precinct board game (yes, I really do have it), I was having a read up on various sites about the series. Coming across it on IMDB, I became aware of the former Bond actors and thought it an excellent bit of trivia.

Anyway, over to you, well done.

:D
    I actually checked IMDB two or three times, pages for each actor listed, and didn't come across that connection until I checked them once again. Wasn't prepared for a win, so I'll throw out something quick and easy:

How many separate composers have worked on the official James Bond series, and what were the films they composed for?
    1 Monty Norman-DN
    2 John Barry-FRWL, GF, TB, YOLT, OHMSS, DAF, TMWTGG, MR, OP, AVTAK, TLD
    3 George Martin-LALD
    4 Marvin Hamlisch-TSWLM
    5 Bill Conti-FYEO
    6 Michael Kamen-LTK
    7 Eric Serra-GE
    8 David Arnold-TND, TWINE, DAD, CR, QOS
    9 Thomas Newman-SF, SP
    edited January 2016 Posts: 40,637
    Over to you, @Thunderfinger. I'll take your word for it, as I've never heard of this 'John Barry' fellow. I wonder if his work is any good...
    Here it comes.

What does OHMSS, TMWTGG, TSWLM and MR have in common?
    Everyone scratches their head, I see.

I will give you an obscure clue: Bernard Lee.
    M is seen in a foreign country ?
    No, that is not the correct answer.
    M wears a tie instead of a bowtie?
    That s not it.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    M is seen in the film before Bond?
    I like how you twist your brains.

Sorry, no.
    What I have learned from this so far, is that if M turns up before Bond in the movie, he will wear a tie instead of a bowtie.

If he wears a tie, he will refer to Bond as James.

If he calls him James, he will also go abroad.

Stunning! Must be some sort of Illuminati code.

But you are all attacking this question the wrong way.