The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

Is it James Bond looks totally inappropriate in every film, or provides something of a massive disappointment ?

Actually that in itself could be regarded as a correct answer even though I know it's not the true response you seek

The answer is probably something obvious but it's late and I'm tired so you've got us again, let someone else have a go etc

Goodnight I-)
    Woohoo!

See if I can make it as hard as my Guess the character I've got going ;)

Ok....here we go (an easy one)

Q. What connects Goldfinger, Diamonds are Forever, Octopussy and A View To A Kill?

Is it something to do with a Bomb or explosive device ?

I mean there was such an instance in all four releases you presented. Bomb at the Fort Knox depository, Bomb on the ocean liner at the end of Diamonds, Bomb at the Octopussy Circus, and an Explosive Device at Zorins Mine in View to a Kill

It was worth a try
    Is this correct?
    Woohoo!

See if I can make it as hard as my Guess the character I've got going ;)

Ok....here we go (an easy one)

Q. What connects Goldfinger, Diamonds are Forever, Octopussy and A View To A Kill?

The main Bond girl turns good as a result of Bond's actions?

GF- Miss Galore switched the gas in the canisters so that the US military could attack Fort Knox
    DAF- Tiffany Case switched to Bond's side and helped him track down the leader of the diamond smuggling, and assisted (somewhat) in the destruction of the oil rig
    OP- Octopussy, Magda, and the girls attacked Kamal Khan's Monsoon Palace after figuring out that he had double-crossed them
    AVTAK- May Day rode the bomb out of the mine, sacrificing herself after figuring out that Zorin betrayed her.
    Is @SignedbyRogerMoore ever coming back ?

How do we know what the true answer is ? :-/

I think me and Beast have a good case of a correct answer but I don't know if we'll ever find out, if you happen to read this anytime SignedbyRogerMoore, would you be so kind as to drop by and help out etc ?

I like these trivia questions but it's frustrating when they remain static for so long or just neglected etc
    @Baltimore007: Agreed, when these games are up and running, they're so much fun to play; our trouble is that the current host always seems to take a vacation and leave us hanging every round!
    It seems like @SignedbyRogerMoore has taken a round the world vacation or disappeared into a black hole so it seems like we may never find out what the true answer of the last question actually is :-<

Both myself and Beast have offered very good answers to this but no reply is forthcoming, I like these trivia rounds but this has been static for as long as anyone can remember, I don't know what's to be done about this - quite frustrating even
    I say we proceed without Rog confirming the answer. It's been 6 weeks - that's long enough. 00Beast has it for me
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Weird. I tried clicking on @SignedbyRogerMoore's link to his profile, but it says "PAGE NOT FOUND".
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Weird. I tried clicking on @Signed_by_RogerMoore's link to his profile, but it says "PAGE NOT FOUND".

You couldn't find it because you forgot underscores in his username.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Weird. I tried clicking on @Signed_by_RogerMoore's link to his profile, but it says "PAGE NOT FOUND".

You couldn't find it because you forgot underscores in his username.
    Ahh, thank you! He hasn't been active since May 15th. We should move on methinks.
    What's do be done about this ?

This is one of my favorite things on MI6 along with guess the character and quotes and this has been static since the Stone Age. Mr Signed By Roger Moore has disappeared off the face of the earth, so what shall we do. Do we wait for Admin to OK it to move on or just carry on regardless?, I'd like this to continue, but it's simply going nowhere until SBRM returns... and I have serious doubts about that
    Just move on, nothing dramatic about it, and just sitting around and wondering won't do anything.
    All right, here's one question. As you know, Benny Hill has played a part in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. But there's another movie that links the Clown Imperial with James Bond. A movie that has a double link. Which is it ?

Clue: My first was heard, but not seen

My second was seen but not heard.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 5,634
    I don't know what the answer to the above question is, could it be something to do with Q, I don't know, another clue would be appreicated
    Gert Frobe, Goldfinger, was in Chitty, is that it?

Desmond Llewelyn was in it I think also

Gert Frobe was also in another Hill movie?

Miss Taro from Doctor No was also featured?

I don't know
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 5,811
    Sorry, double post.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Brenda Arnau was once on TBHS, and she was a "Fillet of Soul" singer in LALD?
    No, Creasy.

And no, Baltimore, I'm talking about another Benny Hill movie. Although he's not the main character.

But here's another clue: the name Benny Hill has in this movie would be more appropriate in Cluedo.
    Is it Colonel Mustard, that was er, damn can't remember, The Magnificent Men in their Flying machines?, I think I saw it once, this is one tough question
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Skywatch? Benny Hill was in it, alongside Sydney Tafler, who played the Liparus Captain in TSWLM.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 5,811
    And another one: if the title of this movie had something to do with the plot, it was wholly innappropriate for the remake.
    Here's another clue: The links have nothing to do with any actor whatsoever.

And the movie features one of the coolest car ever to come out of Great Britain.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 14,882
    Is it something to do with 'The Italian Job' (1969) ?

Features Benny Hill (Proffessor Peach)
    Noel Coward (who was Ian Flemings neighbour)
    And stunts performed by longtime Bond stunt-driver Remy Julienne.
    And of course the cool mini.
    Charlie Croker also drives an Aston Martin.
    Also includes Robert Rietty and Valerie Leon amongst the cast. Both of whom have had multiple parts in the Bond films.
    Indeed, Benny, but you forgot the first link, the one who was heard but not seen. I'll give you a big clue for him. He was "Born Free".
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Matt Munro...From Russia With Love singer.
    Indeed. So let's review.

One was heard but not seen: Matt Munro (who also sang "On Days like These"
    One was seen but not heard: French stuntman Rémy Julienne
    Of course, the name Benny Hill has in the movie is straight out of Cluedo (or looks like it anyway.

I also posted a few part-quotes from the movie, including part of the famous line: "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off !" But for some reason, that post disappeared.

And yes, why call a movie The Italian Job when it doesn't even take place in Italy ? Bloody Yanks ! :-)
    It takes place in Turin doesn't it, that's Italy by my math ?

and what do we have to do with it, it was a British made film wasn't it ?

Did we get an answer on this, it looks like @Benny has a correct response

(Bond quotes is still outstanding by same winner incidentally) I like these rounds
    Baltimore, I was talking about the 2003 remake. Which is not set in Italy (apart from the beginning), and was made by americans. And, as usual, was inferior to the original.
    So?