The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

• 0013 wrote:
    The name Las Vegas is not mentioned? (Nor the name of Moe Greene, if that matters!)

We got there in the end

Yes, despite the film being predominantly set in Vegas, the very mention of Sin City never arises (oddly enough)

@0013 up next then
    Ok sports!
    Which 4 pieces of literature are quoted in the movies? (non Bond books obviously) I counted 4 but maybe there are more...
    Do they rely to those books, I mean is the name of the respective book mentioned - or do we have to recognise the book only by the quotation?
    Does that include the La Rochefoucault quote in DAF?
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    The Art of War, from Graves to his father, in DAD (Can't believe that was the first one I thought of!)

Flecker's poem: "...For thee the poet of beguilement sings." Tracy to Blofeld in OHMSS.
    echo wrote:
    The Art of War, from Graves to his father, in DAD (Can't believe that was the first one I thought of!)

Flecker's poem: "...For thee the poet of beguilement sings." Tracy to Blofeld in OHMSS.

Good job sport! But there are two more.

Gerard wrote:
    Does that include the La Rochefoucault quote in DAF?

Haven't thought of that...
    Farewell to arms licence to kill and birds of the west indies die another day
    Blofeld in OHMSS: "What were all the worlds' charms to mighty Paris...". From Yeats' Lullaby.

In MR Drax paraphrases Oscar Wilde "To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune...". From The Importance of Being Earnest
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 1,817
    Well sports, I think you have them all. Over to you Cipher because you were the last one and you've brought some quotations I didn't know (I have a big gap in English literature).
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 128
    Ok.
    What is the link between the National Gallery (London) and the film Dr No?
    Is the link the picture of Napoleon in Dr No's Lair, which at the time of filming was stolen from the art gallery (inside joke by the producers)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Henderson wrote:
    Is the link the picture of Napoleon in Dr No's Lair, which at the time of filming was stolen from the art gallery (inside joke by the producers)

Ding ding. I came too late...
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 128
    It's Goya's portrait of Wellington, but I'll give it to you. Also the NG actually provided Ken Adam with a film of the portrait so he could make the copy that appeared in the movie.

Over to you Henderson.
    Why is it now I have this feeling Henderson may not be back for some time, If he's unaware he's been victorious that may well be the case

Give this a bump anyway to keep it fresh and if he comes back in soon maybe. I like these trivia things and don't want them being neglected in Archives

Time for some sleep I think I-)
    Hello, I am really sorry people, I have not had chance to come up with a question, just started a new job.
    Sorry for the delay- anyway heres my question.
    The actor Jeremy Bulloch aka boba fett from the original star wars films as also appear in James bond.
    Which film or films and which character or characters.
    I hope this is ok, my first time setting a question.
    I really didn't think you'd be back. Apologies and all

I'm really not for one Star Wars but the answer to your question is Smithers in Octopussy I believe, he was featured in FYEO only too but I don't recall it right now. I'm fairly sure that is the correct answer :-S . Was thinking about this earlier today but just couldn't place the actors name
    Hi
    You are almost there he also appeared as another character
    Henderson wrote:
    Hi
    You are almost there he also appeared as another character

He is right it IS Smithers
    He did indeed play Smithers in fyeo and op but he play another character albeit a very minor role in another bond film
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Henderson wrote:
    He did indeed play Smithers in fyeo and op but he play another character albeit a very minor role in another bond film

He also plays one of the crewman of HMS Ranger in TSWLM?

I thought I got it correct first time around, but 'Smithers' (Jeremy Bullock) did indeed have a minor role in The Spy who Loved me as one of the crew of the Polaris submarine that gets captured at the very start (he is playing chess with another crew member and someone gets a drink and joins them, the sub then starts to shake and chaos ensues) Therefore, Benny is indeed correct, but we'll wait for Mr Henderson to return just to verify

Congrats to both Baltimore and Benny, however I have to give it to you Baltimore, so I hereby pass on the baton to you my friend !
    I thought Mr Benny should of had it, but you can't pass up opportunities like these..

I'll be quick with this one and try a variation for a change, it's still in the rules

It's like this-

I am seen in three James Bond movies. My first appearance I had quite a significant part, in my second I was only briefly seen, my third I was back again on a much bigger scale - what am I ?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Blofeld?
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,082
    The guy with a bottle in TSWLM, MR and FYEO?/JK
    Or Charles Robinson...Not likely. It´s probably not the captain of the submarine in TSWLM either. It might be a location. Miami in GF, TB and CR.

Is it the actor Shane rimmer, he appears in yolt, daf and tswlm.
    In yolt as a radar controller in the pre credits, In daf willard whyte assistant at the space complex and the captain of USS wayne in swlm
    Ignore previous answer, please
    Well this is going well

All wrong answers by the way

I give a couple more pointers

'I offer protection but also an element of serious danger'

'I was once under siege from above'

'I have been approached at some speed or high velocity'

Someone somewhere knows
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,817
    Is it a character or could be anything else?
    No, it's not a character or anything such, it is not in human form

Might as well turn out the lights on this but here's a couple more pointers

My first appearance was near the very beginning

My second appearance was a third, maybe halfway through the film

My Final appearance was near the very end

I have been seen in the 1970s twice and the 1980s once

I was once the scene of a near catastrophic incident

Some of my associates were seen in the main titles of a Bond release

easy now, isn't it. Goodnight