The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    MrBond wrote:
    Both of them were cultural phenomenom during the 60's?

I've already guessed that and was wrong!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    As @Samuel said @MrBond, no.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Samuel001 wrote:
    MrBond wrote:
    Both of them were cultural phenomenom during the 60's?

I've already guessed that and was wrong!

Aha, my bad!

Was it something to do when they where as a group or all solo?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Virage wrote:
    Was it something to do when they where as a group or all solo?

It's THE BEATLES, so together...
    Oh (it was to bump this up without saying bump)
    Like I said, think about the films. The piece of trivia applies to the films...
    Was a film score recorded at Abbey Rd.
    Virage wrote:
    Was a film score recorded at Abbey Rd.

Nope. Wow, I completely forgot about this thread. Keep on it all, it is very simple. Like Sherlock said, "Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth". ;)
    By parsimony I would say they both are English.
    0013 wrote:
    By parsimony I would say they both are English.

Funny, but no. Think about a connection with the films.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited January 2012 Posts: 12,459
    The year they broke up was the year Roger Moore took over as Bond?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Wait ... films... Beatles ... Sir George Martin is the connection?
    The year they broke up was the year Roger Moore took over as Bond?
    Wait ... films... Beatles ... Sir George Martin is the connection?

No and no.
    Okay Just tell us!
    Virage wrote:
    Okay Just tell us!

Where's the fun in that?
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    edited January 2012 Posts: 642
    Is it that the Goldfinger soundtrack saw off the Beatles to no1 slot on the billboards!? or is there not a version of Help! which incorporates the Bond theme..I'm struggling but I'm sure there is.
    Is it that the Goldfinger soundtrack saw off the Beatles to no1 slot on the billboards!? or is there not a version of Help! which incorporates the Bond theme..I'm struggling but I'm sure there is.

No.
    Is the answer in a song of the Beatles? Or in some fact of their history?
    0013 wrote:
    Is the answer in a song of the Beatles? Or in some fact of their history?

Yes, a song. It relates to the movies in some fashion.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Is it something to do with the chord at the beginning of Hard Days Night being the same as the end of the Bond Theme?
    I don't know.... because the Beatles have "Lady Madonna" and Madonna sang DAD or the Beatles have the song Tomorrow Never Knows and there is Tomorrow Never Dies... I can't believe I can't find the connection between my favorite movie francise and my favorite group!
    In truth is there are loads of connections...can we jump to the clue round. :-)
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited January 2012 Posts: 2,629
    Both involved Japanese women that ruined their momentum at the height of their popularity.
    Kerim wrote:
    Both involved Japanese women that ruined their momentum at the height of their popularity.

That already wins the Mi6 Oscar best post award for 2012 and so early in the game. rofl lol. Brilliant.
    0013 wrote:
    I don't know.... because the Beatles have "Lady Madonna" and Madonna sang DAD or the Beatles have the song Tomorrow Never Knows and there is Tomorrow Never Dies...
    Yes! We finally have the correct answer! The title TND, though it was supposed to be Tomorrow Never Lies, was inspired by the Beatles tune "Tomorrow Never Knows". Congratulations on a rather rough question full of possibilities. Take us onwards @0013!
    ^:)^ =D>
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 1,817
    Thanks!
    My question is this: Which foreign languages does Bond speak through the movies? And by speaking I mean more than one word.
    0013 wrote:
    Thanks!
    My question is this: Which foreign languages does Bond speak through the movies? And by speaking I mean more than one word.
    So how many instances do we name?
    0013 wrote:
    Thanks!
    So how many instances do we name?

Well I'm thinking all of them... language and in which movie.
    I hope my question fits the trivia requirements.
  • It seems to change from place to place and time to time but if I can be serious for a moment apparently the original Fleming creation had Bond being able to converse in French, German and limited Arabic yet throughout the series Bond has obviously been busy with the Berlitz books and now seems to get by in languages around the world to suit the location, I remember in QOS he was even having a conversation in Italian and Spanish with relevant people if memory serves. Mr Bond is indeed a quick learner

Anyway, if we can get over all that, then throughout the series and thinking back-

Connery - none that I can remember, a few bits of Japanese most likely in YOLT

Lazenby - none that I recall

Moore - Italian (Live and Let Die , Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only)
    Portugese (Brazil) , Moonraker
    Possibly one or two utterings of French in AVTAK

Dalton - none that I can remember, although he did understand one line of Spanish from Leiter

Brosnan - A line of German in Tomorrow Never Dies
    Russian of all things!, The World is not Enough
    a few bits of 'Holiday Spanish', Die Another Day

Craig - some surprising sentences of Spanish and Italian that Antonio Banderas and Sophia Loren would be proud of

I think all said, we should just take Bond being multi-linguistic not too seriously as 007 seems to pick up a new tongue for each adventure. I half expect Skyfall's Craig to be chirping away in Chinese Mandarin and the UgoBoogoo tribe of darkest Peru for the next installment

I think that's all

:-S