The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Okay...clue time!

1.) Part of the chain that connects the Mercury theatre and the Bond films is a film that is itself connected in some way to Mercury.

2.) The said film in question was quite unusual for its time (composition wise), and famous for camerawork.

I am basically giving it away now.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    BUMP :-<
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 21
    Citizen Kane?
    War of the Worlds?
    Supes007 wrote:
    Citizen Kane?
    War of the Worlds?

Not what I am looking for.
  • Is it "It's All True?"
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Oh wow, this is old. I gave up after a good while, it really had me stumped.

'Psycho'?
    Is it "It's All True?"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Oh wow, this is old. I gave up after a good while, it really had me stumped.

'Psycho'?

Not the connection I am looking for. I am wholly willing to give more clues, as this has been so forgotten it isn't even fun to keep people guessing.
    Go ahead and give some more. I'm really sorry that it fell so deep into the forums like it did. It seems like a majority of the quizzes and such have done the same thing lately.
    You wish it, and so it shall be:

The Old Dogs:

1.) Part of the chain that connects the Mercury theatre and the Bond films is a film that is itself connected in some way to Mercury.

2.) The said film in question was quite unusual for its time (composition wise), and famous for camerawork.

The New Tricks:

3.) The film that connects Bond and the Mercury Theatre to each other has a very familiar face in it from the franchise (the main thing that connects them).

4.) Blofeld and one of the characters of the film in question have a certain thing in common, you could say.
    I'm really, really stumped. I feel like it's staring me right in the eyes, and I can't figure it out.
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    For clue #3 think of a crucial Bond character, one of the main essentials. Hope that helps. :)
  • Was the essential M?
    Was the essential M?

You are close! I just need a bit more!
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 3,236
    Bernard Lee was in The Third Man?

As was Robert Brown?
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Bernard Lee was in The Third Man?

As was Robert Brown?

I was looking for Bernard Lee in The Third Man! Also in the film was Orson Welles and Jospeh Cotten, both from the Mercury Theatre. The music of the film is done with a zither, making it a unique composition as well. All this connects Bond to the theatre. Congratulations, the game is yours! =D>
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Go ahead and give some more. I'm really sorry that it fell so deep into the forums like it did. It seems like a majority of the quizzes and such have done the same thing lately.

I have a feeling that some of the questions posed are far to complex and stumping people for such a long time. They get bored, and move on.
    If you want these kinds of threads to thrive, then they need to be fast moving. Not ones where we're stumped with the answer for months.
    Just an suggestion.

Benny wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I have a feeling that some of the questions posed are far to complex and stumping people for such a long time. They get bored, and move on.
    If you want these kinds of threads to thrive, then they need to be fast moving. Not ones where we're stumped with the answer for months.
    Just an suggestion.

Quite true. Someone really needed a knowledge of classic film to even guess at what mine was to be. At the same time, you want to give members a fun puzzle to crack that isn't too easy. It's a balancing act.
  • YES! YES!

Okay, so the grandfather of which world-famous professional wrestler was in 1967's You Only Live Twice?

Bonus: What was the grandfather's name, and what was his role?
    Could the role be the big guy Bond fights inside Osato chemicals? It has been a looooong time since I last saw YOLT, so bear with me.
  • Yes, I believe so. I was thinking of a different function of his in the movie (it's literally the scene right before), but I believe he was the guy Bond fights in Osato Chemicals.
    Benny wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Just an suggestion.

Same thing happened with one of my quotes a while back, and as Brady said, it is most certainly a balancing act: you don't want it to be the most obvious thing in the world, but you don't want it to be something that will rack the brain for months and months.
    Now I just need a name... Was he the grandfather of Hulk Hogan?
  • No. Keep guessing though.
    With the way that guy looked, was it The Rock's grandfather? Looks Samoan.
  • Yes! It was indeed The Rock's grandfather.

Now we just need his name, and we'll be all complete (also I kind of need a tiebreaker, since Creasy got the main question, but Brady got the bonus and he got it first).
    The Rock's grandfather's real name? Wow, I haven't heard that name in a very long time. I used to be obsessed with The Rock when I was a kid watching WWF, and I remember reading about his family. George or Parker or something? Peter maybe? I really can't recall. The beauty of Google is going to tease me on this, so I hope someone finds out so it will stop bothering me, :))
    I can't bring myself to search it. It ruins the fun of deep cognition and the sportsmanship of the game.
    I can't bring myself to search it. It ruins the fun of deep cognition and the sportsmanship of the game.

That's what I'm saying; the only thing it would amount to in that case would be whoever was first to find it. It ruins it; that's why I'm hoping someone gets it, because I can't bring myself to cheat, and it's going to bug me until I find out what his name is.
  • Peter, yes, I'll take that. High Chief Peter Maivia, to be exact, and he was also the stunt coordinator of the movie.

Creasy gets the next question, then. Good work, both of you!
    Nice work pulling that out of your brain's hard drive, @Creasy47! I never knew The Rock had such a deep Bond connection. Quite cool indeed!