"Everyone needs a hobby... So, what's yours?"

0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
edited August 2013 in General Discussion Posts: 28,694
I don't think this kind of thread has been created before. It is pretty self explanatory. Bond is right, everyone has some hobby, something that they enjoy doing even in the rarest of occasions. So, what do you all enjoy doing?

As for me, I do both hand drawn and graphic art, write when I find the time (mostly spy fiction), read, watch films, listen to music, and of course give my time to MI6.

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited November 2012 Posts: 16,330
    Cool thead idea @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 :)

My hobbies are Making 0 budget movies, creating posters of any kinds, photography. Drawing and screenplay writing and lastly Building custom movie props from scratch. :-bd
    Good subject!
    I like to read (mostly politics, history, philosophy, and in the fiction department Italian and Latin American novels), listen to music (classical, jazz and country), watch films (especially rewatch films I've already seen), and play classical guitar.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 612
    I love cars. I've had some track experience, which is awesome, and I have to know every single one of them.

Also, I cook a lot. I'm a dreadful baker, instructions aren't my strong suit, but I have a pretty well stocked kitchen.

I almost took a degree in music for oboe, guitar and piano, but I opted for architecture instead. Good choice.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2012 Posts: 28,694
    0013 wrote:
    Good subject!
    I like to read (mostly politics, history, philosophy, and in the fiction department Italian and Latin American novels), listen to music (classical, jazz and country), watch films (especially rewatch films I've already seen), and play classical guitar.
    Great stuff. I remember you giving me reading recommendations. Any particular era of film you like, or types of music? My favorite period of film is the 40s and 50s, and my favorite music is from that era too (love crooners and big bands/jazz), with Frank Sinatra being my favorite. I also love traditional Chinese music, and Celtic music. Who else finds the bagpipes to be one of the greatest instruments on this earth? They make me tingle with joy.
    Bagpipes have an amazing sound!
    Well, I love the 60s and 70s because the great music (The Beatles, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley), movies (Bond's golden age, The Godfather I & II, Patton, The Graduate), and all the political turmoil (JFK, Vietnam) and changes in the society (the New Left, the social movements)...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    0013 wrote:
    Well, I love the 60s and 70s because the great music (The Beatles, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley), movies (Bond's golden age, The Godfather I & II, Patton, The Graduate), and all the political turmoil (JFK, Vietnam) and changes in the society (the New Left, the social movements)...
    Are you a big Apocalypse Now fan?
  • DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    Apocalypse Now is a classic film. A great movie. I love it. Just felt like I should let you know since you mentioned it
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I make & accurize stuff, paint & whatnot...
    th_SANY5741-1.jpg
    th_SANY5779.jpg
    th_SANY4679.jpg
    th_Colonialcostumeupgrade006.jpg
    th_Colonialcostumeupgrade019.jpg
    th_SANY6132_zps6aee1abf.jpg
    Give Heart of Darkness a read, if you like Apocalypse Now.
    chrisisall wrote:
    I make & accurize stuff, paint & whatnot...
    th_SANY5779.jpg

That Mirror Spock/McCoy picture is epic. I love Star Trek. :-bd
  • DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    Yes I have, Joseph Conrad is a tremendous author
    A great book indeed. I'm glad others on here are familiar with heart of darkness.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Give Heart of Darkness a read, if you like Apocalypse Now.

It is indeed very good. I have been trying to locate the Redux version of the film, but haven't had any luck. I found the Hearts of Darkness documentary though, and can't wait to see it. Apocalypse Now is special because to fully get the scope of it you need to see the many various versions of the film, read the Conrad it was based on, and watch the documentary. And it is one of the most visually impressive films I have ever seen, especially outside the era of black and white cinematography.
    0013 wrote:
    Are you a big Apocalypse Now fan?

Indeed yes! The greatest war film ever but also one masterpiece of fims.
    By the way, I loved its little nod in SF.
    Murdock wrote:
    I love Star Trek. :-bd
    We reach! :)>-
    chrisisall wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    I love Star Trek. :-bd
    We reach! :)>-

I own the complete Original Series DVD set and all 11 movies. :)
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Love playing golf (well it is part of my job as a PGA Pro!!!), and I really enjoy watching a good anime show (like Full Metal Panic!, Bleach, and Full Metal Alchemist). I love listening to music and enjoy a great video game from time to time.

I also enjoy beer tasting (trying different kinds) and the same goes for whiskeys.
    I'm absolutely obsessed with driving.
    Anytime I get bored, angry, sad, etc I like to go for a nice long drive, no music, 80+mph average around some bendy roads to pass the time.

I drive a 2003 BMW 325ci with right around 64,000 miles on it and I can't ask for much more.

I also like learning about movies, watching movies, behind the scenes stuff.

I spend most of my free time here on MI6 and scouring YouTube for something interesting to watch, no too big on TV.

I'd eventually like to get into guns and find a good local range, as well as into film-making. Just little things I think of here and there.

Murdock wrote:
    I own the complete Original Series DVD set
    Me too... do you have the older versions, or the remastered versions with the new digital FX? Or BR with both? I really like Doomsday Machine's new added FX- lets you really FEEL what's going on IMO! =D>
    chrisisall wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    I own the complete Original Series DVD set
    Me too... do you have the older versions, or the remastered versions with the new digital FX? Or BR with both? I really like Doomsday Machine's new added FX- lets you really FEEL what's going on IMO! =D>

I have the remastered editions. I'm itching to get the Bluray set that comes with Both Remastered and Classic versions available. :D
  • Give Heart of Darkness a read, if you like Apocalypse Now.

It is indeed very good. I have been trying to locate the Redux version of the film, but haven't had any luck. I found the Hearts of Darkness documentary though, and can't wait to see it. Apocalypse Now is special because to fully get the scope of it you need to see the many various versions of the film, read the Conrad it was based on, and watch the documentary. And it is one of the most visually impressive films I have ever seen, especially outside the era of black and white cinematography.

Hi @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

Here is a link for the Redux version: http://www.amazon.com/Apocalypse-Now-Redux-Martin-Sheen/dp/B00005OWEG
    The Redux version is interesting, especially the episode with the French. It's almost like another movie because how the extra scenes change the movie. Anyway I prefer the original.
  • Yes I have, Joseph Conrad is a tremendous author
    A great book indeed. I'm glad others on here are familiar with heart of darkness.

Studied Heart of darkness at university, a must read.

My hobbies include cycling and weight training. Read philosophy, psychology and mythology. Collect antiques, prints and African carvings. Recently become interested in photography, love football and F1. I go through phases with gaming on xbox.
  • This may would strange, as I'm 13, but my biggest passion (besides Bond) is guns. Love going to the range, shooting a lot and reading up on them. The ppk/s is a wonder to shoot, btw. :)
    TheBondFan wrote:
    This may would strange, as I'm 13, but my biggest passion (besides Bond) is guns. Love going to the range, shooting a lot and reading up on them. The ppk/s is a wonder to shoot, btw. :)

You're 13 and you shoot? :O
    TheBondFan wrote:
    The ppk/s is a wonder to shoot, btw. :)
    I shot one with blanks on the set of a movie, really cool. In real life though I shoot my PPK BB gun.
    America....
  • chrisisall wrote:
    America....

Yep, good ol' 'Merica. I'm not a serial killer, tho. B-)
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 612
    I was still sucking milk through Twizzlers when I was 13.

I shouldn't talking though. I've a really nice collection of kitchen knives. 62 Rockwell scale. Sharp.
  • I was still sucking milk through Twizzlers when I was 13.

I shouldn't talking though. I've a really nice collection of kitchen knives. 62 Rockwell scale. Sharp.

:))
    TheBondFan wrote:
    This may would strange, as I'm 13, but my biggest passion (besides Bond) is guns. Love going to the range, shooting a lot and reading up on them. The ppk/s is a wonder to shoot, btw. :)

My only advice to you is enjoy your childhood. Adulthood sucks.