HERE BE SPOILERS - Skyfall Codename Conspiracy

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Seems you've stopped defending your theory and are now just attacking @TheWizardOfIce
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited April 2016 Posts: 8,086
    Benny wrote: »

OK then. Since you are so persistent, I have always viewed the theory like this:

whoever is the current James Bond is brainwashed and doesn't actually remember their true identity. 00's have a very short life expectancy, as we know, so each James Bond doesn't have many missions before they are killed in the line of duty. So what happened to the current James Bond simply gets incorporated into the profile. The next guy that comes along will remember having a wife that he was never married to. This explains why Blofeld doesn't recognise Bond in OHMSS, and why Bond forgets Japanese by the time of TND when he knew it YOLT. And it also explains why Judi Dench says Bond is a relic of the cold war in GE, but says she misses the cold war in CR. She has aged, and Peirce Brosnan died.

Can you explain then how Bond went from Connery - Lazenby -Connery using this theory please. If Connery Bond dies or is replaced after the events of YOLT, then how is he back again for DAF.
    Also in TND it wasn't Japanese that Bond forgot. Pretty sure it's Chinese or a Chinese dialect.

Sure I can explain it:

They're out of order.

How's that?
    Seems you've stopped defending your theory and are now just attacking @TheWizardOfIce

Have you ever tried reading a book with a wasp around you? It's distracting.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 4,325
    Okay this puts it to bed - in YOLT if the codename theory was true surely they wouldn't fake Bond's death to get his enemies off his back - surely they would just kill him and get the next guy in. Sorry to even defend why it is nonsense is ridiculous.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

OK then. Since you are so persistent, I have always viewed the theory like this:

whoever is the current James Bond is brainwashed and doesn't actually remember their true identity. 00's have a very short life expectancy, as we know, so each James Bond doesn't have many missions before they are killed in the line of duty. So what happened to the current James Bond simply gets incorporated into the profile. The next guy that comes along will remember having a wife that he was never married to. This explains why Blofeld doesn't recognise Bond in OHMSS, and why Bond forgets Japanese by the time of TND when he knew it YOLT. And it also explains why Judi Dench says Bond is a relic of the cold war in GE, but says she misses the cold war in CR. She has aged, and Peirce Brosnan died.

Can you explain then how Bond went from Connery - Lazenby -Connery using this theory please. If Connery Bond dies or is replaced after the events of YOLT, then how is he back again for DAF.
    Also in TND it wasn't Japanese that Bond forgot. Pretty sure it's Chinese or a Chinese dialect.

Sure I can explain it:

They're out of order.

How's that?

No that only works if 67 - 69 - 71 are not the years in which the films were released. Okay we can say that now, years later. But what about if you lived during that time. Some of the older members must be seriously confused due to this.

• edited April 2016 Posts: 337
    How about the fact that Bond is still Bond when he resigns from the [not] country club? I'm sure I'm not the first person to come up with that, but what's the counter for that?

Also, in For Your Eyes Only, Moore's Bond clearly recognises Blofeld's voice when Blofeld attacks him, not to mention that I have no idea why Blofeld would be trying to get revenge on any random person paying respects to Tracy. Unless, of course, the codename theorists think that Blofeld's son hired a look-a-like called Earnest Savoury Biofield to wear a neck brace, sit in a wheelchair and kill everyone who put a flower on Tracy's grave.

Which brings me to this - wouldn't it be suspicious if different-looking people came to pay respects to Tracy's grave and all of them claimed to James Bond? There'd be at least Lazenby and Moore's iterations, and probably Connery's as well given how he was interested in getting revenge in the DAF PTS.

Sure I can explain it:

They're out of order.

How's that?

No that only works if 67 - 69 - 71 are not the years in which the films were released. Okay we can say that now, years later. But what about if you lived during that time. Some of the older members must be seriously confused due to this.

Er, I don't really see your point. I mean Rogue One comes out in a few months, are people confused that that film is set before the events of episode IV? Maybe some are, I guess.
  • RC7RC7
    edited April 2016 Posts: 10,512

Sure I can explain it:

They're out of order.

How's that?

Er, I don't really see your point. I mean Rogue One comes out in a few months, are people confused that that film is set before the events of episode IV? Maybe some are, I guess.

What's the correct order then? If Connery dies in YOLT, is DAF set before YOLT?
    RC7 wrote: »

Sure I can explain it:

They're out of order.

How's that?

No Connery dies after Diamonds. Diamonds and Majesty's are simply switched. I mean, I guess they don't necessary die. Since they are already brainwashed, they could just be mind wiped again and pushed out of a van onto the motorway or something. But the point is they stop being James Bond after a certain point.

And before anyone says that switching Diamonds and Majesty's is impossible because in the Diamonds PTS Bond is getting revenge for Tracy, there's no hard evidence for that. In fact, he doesn't even mention being married. He could have simply been tracking down Blofeld after YOLT. Don't you think the filmmakers left it ambiguous for a reason? They have certainly been having alot of fun at our expense over the years, that much is clear to me now.
  • RC7RC7

Sure I can explain it:

They're out of order.

How's that?

No Connery dies after Diamonds. Diamonds and Majesty's are simply switched. I mean, I guess they don't necessary die. Since they are already brainwashed, they could just be mind wiped again and pushed out of a van onto the motorway or something. But the point is they stop being James Bond after a certain point.

And before anyone says that switching Diamonds and Majesty's is impossible because in the Diamonds PTS Bond is getting revenge for Tracy, there's no hard evidence for that. In fact, he doesn't even mention being married. He could have simply been tracking down Blofeld after YOLT. Don't you think the filmmakers left it ambiguous for a reason. They have certainly been having alot of fun at our expense over the years, that much is clear to me now.

Damn you! I'd forgotten about the whole 'Pushing agents out of a transit onto the M1'. There's a wikipedia page somewhere that outlines this very protocol.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Sometimes when I read thread such as these, I wonder if there there are different versions of Bond films circulating around.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Sometimes when I read a thread such as these, I lose the will to live.

Sure I can explain it:

They're out of order.

How's that?

And before anyone says that switching Diamonds and Majesty's is impossible because in the Diamonds PTS Bond is getting revenge for Tracy, there's no hard evidence for that. In fact, he doesn't even mention being married. He could have simply been tracking down Blofeld after YOLT. Don't you think the filmmakers left it ambiguous for a reason. They have certainly been having alot of fun at our expense over the years, that much is clear to me now.

Damn you! I'd forgotten about the whole 'Pushing agents out of a transit onto the M1'. There's a wikipedia page somewhere that outlines this very protocol.

Well, I'm guessing that to be a 00 you have to be in peak physical condition. I haven't done the research on this, but I heard somewhere that human beings are at their peak physically in their early and late thirties. So if one of those guys was lucky enough to make it to 38, he was pretty much expendable, because someone younger and better was ready.

By the way, I find it funny how when I bring up evidence, barely anyone actually addresses my points. Instead they dismiss them with mockery and go on demanding to know where the evidence is. I have written three different posts now, each bring new information to discuss, and I have yet to see anyone definitively refute a single thing I have said.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Sometimes when I read threads like this, it puts a smile on my face and makes me remember why.
  • RC7RC7
    edited April 2016 Posts: 10,512
    Sometimes when I read thread such as these, I wonder if there there are different versions of Bond films circulating around.

No, just different levels of cognitive ability. Functioning and malfunctioning.
  • RC7RC7

Sure I can explain it:

They're out of order.

How's that?

Well, I'm guessing that to be a 00 you have to be in peak physical condition. I haven't done the research on this, but I heard somewhere that human beings are at their peak physically in their early and late thirties. So if one of those guys was lucky enough to make it to 38, he was pretty much expendable, because someone younger and better was ready.

By the way, I find it funny how when I bring up evidence, barely anyone actually addresses my points. Instead they dismiss them with mockery and go on demanding to know where the evidence is. I have written three different posts now, each bring new information to discuss, and I have yet to see anyone definitively refute a single thing I have said.

Evidence and conjecture are mutually exclusive. I would seriously pay good money to see you defend someone in court. It would be thoroughly entertaining.

You know, people as narrow-minded as you only do themselves more harm in the long run. But if you want to berate and deride a fellow Bond fan for holding an opinion thats different from your own, that's your prerogative.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 337
    It's not an opinion that Bond is one man, it's a fact. The creators have made it as clear as day. You're only entertaining your own fantasies here.
    Sometimes when I read threads like this, I want to laugh and cry at the same time.
  • RC7RC7

You know, people as narrow-minded as you only do themselves more harm in the long run. But if you want to berate and deride a fellow Bond fan for holding an opinion thats different from your own, that's your prerogative.

I know, you're a visionary etc...
    It's not an opinion that Bond is one man, it's a fact. The creators have made it as clear as day. You're only entertaining your own fantasies here.

They made it as clear as day by deliberately leaving things ambiguous throughout the films? Alright then.
    Buzz buzz as Hamlet would say.
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    I think only codename theorists try to tell themselves that this stuff is "deliberately left ambiguous". For the rest of us, it's blindingly obvious.
  • RC7RC7

They made it as clear as day by deliberately leaving things ambiguous throughout the films? Alright then.

It isn't mathematics, it's art.
    The codename theory is ridiculous.
  • RC7RC7
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    The codename theory is ridiculous.

Ha ha.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 1,984
    Try proving the codename theory without making up stuff. Oh, wait, you haven't been proving anything (don't even get me started on your selective word safety net), you've just been "highlighting potential different perspectives" on "deliberately left ambiguous" things. You don't even have an argument, nor did Oddjob's_Hat. And you wonder why he was ridiculed.

I know, you're a visionary etc...

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view."

There is a message there that I think you would benefit from absorbing.
    Yes, the doename theory is ridiculous.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 1,984
    Huh. Quoting Star Wars. How about “Your focus determines your reality.”

Wait, now he's going to tell us non-believers that "I find your lack of faith disturbing."
This discussion has been closed.