Kingsman: The Great Game (2019)

Comments

• goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/disney-sets-2021-release-ridley-scotts-last-duel-pushes-back-kings-man-7-months-1255349

Is this Disney getting nervous over what to do with Kingsman? It's been pushed back nearly a year now!

Why would they do this? Someone doesn't like the actual movie? Bad news
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2020 Posts: 15,690
    Seems like M's having more fun than Bond. Really looking forward to this one, much more than for the previous entries. Gotta love Fiennes.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Love it. I was a huge fan of the first film when it came out, and I was disappointed by the second film (I think it took all the wrong elements from the first one), but this looks really entertaining, and anything that delves into this part of history, whether true or not, always has me intrigued.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Nice to see Fiennes so front and center in a lot of these sequences. Looks wild, can't wait to see it.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Looks cool, Gemma & Fiennes both looks good.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2020 Posts: 15,690
    The King's Man officially receives an R rating, for sequences of strong/bloody violence, language, and some sexual material.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    The King's Man officially receives an R rating, for sequences of strong/bloody violence, language, and some sexual material.

I would expect nothing less. 😉

But will Ralph Fiennes drop as many F-bombs as he did in In Bruges? :-))
    A new The King's Man poster has been released: please note that the September 18, 2020 release date has been replaced by 'in cinemas soon'.

kings-man-ver5-xlg.jpg

But will Ralph Fiennes drop as many F-bombs as he did in In Bruges? :-))

Love when he calls his wife an "inanimate ****ing object." Such a gentleman!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Nice to see you back, Steed.
    edited August 2020 Posts: 40,468
    kings-man-ralph-fiennes-djimon-hounsou.jpg

kings-man-gemma-arterton-rifle.jpg

kings-man-ralph-fiennes-leather-jacket.jpg
    How cool are those? Thanks, @Creasy47, old pal. This one promises all sorts of fun.
    Anytime, @Univex, they're very cool. Digging the combination of the insanity of the Kingsman films wrapped up in a gorgeous looking WWI-set film. I hope it's a real blast because the trailers and images certainly look wild.
    Is anyone still excited for The King's Man? It will open in European countries in 3 weeks.
    With only three weeks until release, The King's Man has moved from September to February 26th, 2021:

https://deadline.com/2020/08/the-king-s-man-opening-2021-release-date-change-disney-ralph-fiennes-movie-1203024744/
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Blimey, that's a last minute snatch.
    mtm wrote: »

I guess their feeling (and what I got from the article) is that with Tenet opening domestically and more states in the U.S. opening up more and more theaters, they didn't want to compete against it.
  • Apparently it's still coming out in the UK in September - according to Wikipedia but they may not have updated that part yet.
    edited August 2020 Posts: 40,468
    Apparently it's still coming out in the UK in September - according to Wikipedia but they may not have updated that part yet.

Fresh news so it's possible that Wikipedia has yet to be updated.

So all in all, if the film keeps that new date, it'll be a year long delay. Curious if the same thing will happen with NTTD - Tenet B.O. is weak and they opt to delay it several more months to March/April 2021, making it a full year delay, as well.
    edited August 2020 Posts: 15,690
    Apparently it's still coming out in the UK in September - according to Wikipedia but they may not have updated that part yet.

The French release date has also just been delayed to February 2021. Wikipedia is just late in being updated.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »

I guess their feeling (and what I got from the article) is that with Tenet opening domestically and more states in the U.S. opening up more and more theaters, they didn't want to compete against it.

Maybe, yes. I was wondering if much is likely to have changed by Feb so that might well be the reasoning. I wonder if this is a sign of confidence in the film: they think it's good so don't want it thrown away.
  • Wikipedia has been updated now - it's 26th February 2021 in the UK as well.
  • edited August 2020 Posts: 440
    It's not being moved back just because of COVID. They're still in the process of actually editing it. It has a test screening in Las Vegas next month and possibly more scheduled.

The reason it got pushed back the first time was because the initial cuts tested far more negatively than the studio expected. Not totally or even mostly negative, mind you, the action scenes and supporting actors all did well enough.

However, for whatever reason, the test audiences did not take to Harris Dickinson's protagonist which is a bit of a problem since he's the movie's main character. Because of this, it went in for extensive reshoots that beefed up Ralph Fiennes and Gemma Arterton's roles.

This was apparently not enough so now they're trying out multiple cuts which minimize and maximise Dickinson and Fiennes/Arterton's characters in different ways to see which tests better.
    If that's true, again I say that the days of boys and roles for boys are gone and studios should be made aware of that. People pushing for these youngsters to take on leading roles as leading men, aren't doing any favours to the art.

I say let Bond be in his 40s. Let Batman be in his 40s. Let's have unapologetic roles for men again, like Indiana Jones and such. I'm sick of catering to the brittle minded y-gen pc-demented. Lets go back to the good old days of having leading MEN (and WOMEN).
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 440
    Anyone think audiences will confuse it with the Kingsmen films and think this will be the third one ? Of course, once you look at the poster, etc., it should be obvious, but folks sometimes go just by the title, and that would be enough.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2020 Posts: 14,948
    Well it kind of is the third Kingsman film, even if it's a prequel, so I wouldn't think that was a problem..?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 2020 Posts: 5,869
    Anyone have any ideas who the bald villain is? I think it might be Aaron Taylor-Johnson... although we haven't seen who Stanley Tucci's playing either? Although the villain looks quite young.

I know people think it might be Matthew Goode but here's a still of him as a different character.

1666201.jpg