Purvis & Wade out - John Logan in for Bond 24

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Cool.
    Holy macaroni! I don't hate Purvis & Wade but this is great news!
    Yes-sa!
    What has Logan done before?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! <:-P
    Gladiator I think.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 4,619
    obin_gam wrote:
    What has Logan done before?

Gladiator
    The Aviator
    Hugo
    Skyfall

just to name a few of his films
    YES!!!!!! BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so long Purvis & Wade!!!!!

*Dances around room*
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    AND THE MEDIOCRITY ENDS!
    I can't quite believe it's true.

Is it confirmed?
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    And CORIOLANUS, Ralph Fiennes' directorial debut (which, BTW, did not get a distributoe in Germany).... I know, it is Shakespeare, but Branagh got a nomination Best adapted screenplay for HAMLET, when all he did was, that we got Hamlet uncut and at 4 hours running time....
    but Branagh got a nomination Best adapted screenplay for HAMLET, when all he did was, that we got Hamlet uncut and at 4 hours running time....

One of the funniest Oscar nominations of all time. :)
  • Suddenly the comment that Wade made the other night at the premiere about giving Logan a lot of credit takes on a whole new level of subtext.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Jesus Christ this is the best news of the year!!!

Presumably then most of SF is down to Logan and finally EON have seen the light that hiring top talent delivers good results.

Before I open the vintage Dom Perignon is this 100% accurate or just paper talk though?
    And CORIOLANUS, Ralph Fiennes' directorial debut (which, BTW, did not get a distributoe in Germany).... I know, it is Shakespeare, but Branagh got a nomination Best adapted screenplay for HAMLET, when all he did was, that we got Hamlet uncut and at 4 hours running time....

Hmm......

If it's true this makes me feel a lot more positive about the future of the series than I've been for years. P+W were the last hangover from the bad old days. The future looks bright!
  • Just don't forget, guys, that John Logan also wrote Star Trek: Nemesis. Just sayin'!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Just don't forget, guys, that John Logan also wrote Star Trek: Nemesis. Just sayin'!

Nemesis had a good script, and good execution, its problem was that we were tired of Star Trek movies at the time. The film's gotten better with age, I think.

On the news of Purvis and Wade getting tossed

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MOTHER [BLEEP]ERS! OH [BLEEP] YES!
    Well it was inevitable that this would happen that P&W were on borrowed time. We also know that Logan was asked months ago to put pen to paper storywise for ideas on the next movie too! Overall i am happy so enjoy Skyfall tomorrow and a few more times after too, and then look forward to Bond 24!!!!! :))
    I don't believe anything the Daily Snail reports. In the sidebar next to this article ther is another claiming that Idris Elba has been in talks with Barbara Brocolli about the Bond role. Yeah right!
    During the royal premiere I thought Neal Purvis & Robert Wade actually congratulated John Logan for creating that
    homo-erotic scene between Bond and Silva
    . They openly admitted it wasn't their job, but entirely Logan's.
  • didnt't Logan say himself that Blofeld could return? it seems it would happen!
    LeChiffre wrote:
    I don't believe anything the Daily Snail reports. In the sidebar next to this article ther is another claiming that Idris Elba has been in talks with Barbara Brocolli about the Bond role. Yeah right!

Never beleive any Daily Mail article, unless it was written by legendary BAZ BAMIGBOYE. This article was written by Baz, so it's legit.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited October 2012 Posts: 2,056
    587 cinemas.

1500 screens.

Wow.

This will indeed be the biggest Bond film ever.

As for Logan writing it solo, initially it sounds great. Skyfall has been well recieved and if he has a strong idea for it, then it bodes well for Bond 24.

One could also assume that B24 wont fall into a QoS situation whereby the plot isnt developed early enough on, which results in a rushed script.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Great news. The story is shaping up it seems, the key players know what it is and the plan is for an October/November 2013 filming start, fantastic!

The article states "they felt it was time to move on" referring to Purvis and Wade, maybe they weren't pushed?
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Great news. The story is shaping up it seems, the key players know what it is and the plan is for an October/November 2013 filming start, fantastic!

The article states "they felt it was time to move on" referring to Purvis and Wade, maybe they weren't pushed?

Yeah right! If they felt it was time to move on it was because they'd effectively been made redundant already.

Seems about right to me. An agreed parting of the ways.

Everything is in place, from Bond 24 the real films can begin. Really hoping EON don't drop the ball now. Films in 2014 and 2016 at least, please!
    Excellent, I might prefer my Bonds to be British, but I've no problem with an American screenwriter. Let's hope he develops into the new Maibaum.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,350
    With writers' contracts said to be signed, I'd assume Logan is also by himself for Bond 25.

EON are about to give us a post Skyfall one-two punch, with top writing.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Films in 2014 and 2016 at least, please!

2 year gaps sound great but at the same time I'm a bit afraid. Longer gaps seem to be beneficial when it comes to quality.