The official Skyfall Poster-page

edited September 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 11,119
So what collection of posters do we have right now?

European one-sheet:
http://jamesbondbrasil.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/jbbr_skyfall_int_poster.jpg

US one-sheet:
http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/bond23/images/us_one_sheet_500.jpg

International teaser:
http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/Skyfall one-sheet poster.jpg

the character poses (also available as one-sheet for every single actor on this image):
http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/wp-content/uploads/Skyfall1_GQ_10Aug12_b_642x390.jpg

Mod edit: we can't allow the direct links. Sorry. ;-)

Comments

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    I think the newest one looks the best, but unlikely many other members. I gotta say i like those posters!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    You can really see the midnight blue in Dan's tux in the first picture.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Oh yeah, that blue definitely stands out in the new UK poster. Looks pretty nice.
  • At the moment in the UK we have had 2 quad posters - 1st Gunbarrel and lying down version. I'd expect a new version with this GB artwork.
    We've also had 6 UK onesheets the 1st Gunbarrel, this new Gunbarrel and the 4 character onesheets. The only lying down version I've seen has a November 9th release date so its the US version (I'd expect a UK version also, just not seen it).
    US Onesheets we've had the 1st GB and lying down, but the new one was only released today so may have a US version.

Given the minimalistic posters that Craig has had for his other 2 films, the fact that no other Bond film has had more than 3 posters (apart from character posters) 2 teaser and one main artwork (or tld 21 teaser and 2 main artwork), and with the film just over 5 weeks then I'd say there is a good chance this is the final artwork.
    It's a typical photoshop poster which has had no real though put into it. Lazy marketing.
    One thing is certain, for those collectors out there, its going to be an expensive film to collect posters from
    I wonder if they will show another poster until the reveal.

btw good idea for a thread :D
    As there's now a seperate thread for the posters I'll reiterate what I said on a previous post. I just hope the final poster, the one with the certificate and performing singer on it, looks better than these awful teaser ones. Like I've been saying previously, why can't they produce one in the older style? Those classic posters (1962 - 1985) really used to pop out of the landscape, unlike these ones which tend to blend in. These bland posters have been the only misstep with regards to the 50th Anniversary and promotion of Skyfall. I truly hope that they have an ace up their sleeve when it comes to the final one.
  • Mathis: "It's amazing what you can do with Photoshop these days." Perhaps that has become the EON advertising mantra.
  • Teaser poster is the best. I don't like the other two.
  • I must say, I adore the European one-sheet: http://jamesbondbrasil.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/jbbr_skyfall_int_poster.jpg .

Finally a self-assured Bond in shiny tuxedo. Totally different from Craig's pose on the QOS and CR poster. He doesn't look like he's on drugs anymore. He looks fit, elegant, no-nonsense and above all classic. Like the good old Connery pose. I think it's Craig's best Bond poster, with only exception perhaps the teaser poster from CR.
    I feel the laying down one looks much better as a quad:
    http://www.bond23.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Laying-Quad_AW_23989-Skyfall.jpg

The international teaser is clearly the best, IMO. The most recent European one-sheet is nothing short of a disgrace. I'm going to start praying every night that they don't use that one for the Blu-Ray/DVD cover. Brutally awful.
    Now this is much more like it! Simple and effective. :-bd
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    dchantry wrote:
    Given the minimalistic posters that Craig has had for his other 2 films, the fact that no other Bond film has had more than 3 posters (apart from character posters) 2 teaser and one main artwork (or tld 21 teaser and 2 main artwork), and with the film just over 5 weeks then I'd say there is a good chance this is the final artwork.
    It's a typical photoshop poster which has had no real though put into it. Lazy marketing.
    One thing is certain, for those collectors out there, its going to be an expensive film to collect posters from
    SJK91 wrote:
    I feel the laying down one looks much better as a quad:
    http://www.bond23.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Laying-Quad_AW_23989-Skyfall.jpg

The international teaser is clearly the best, IMO. The most recent European one-sheet is nothing short of a disgrace. I'm going to start praying every night that they don't use that one for the Blu-Ray/DVD cover. Brutally awful.

Please tell me thats not it? I'm begging now EON please give us a proper hand drawn poster a la TLD or OP and not this photoshop sh*t.

It seems they are going with the trend of having Daniels teaser posters better than the final one.

http://jamesbondbrasil.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/jbbr_skyfall_int_poster.jpg

This is absolute crap. Is it official or is it a fan one that Balje has knocked up? Daniel is way to big so that you cant see anything of the gunbarrel and the only other thing is a Union Jack limply fluttering in the background? Bollocks.

I want L007K Up, L007K Down, L007K OUT!!
    Bond flanked by Beatrice and Naomie, a sombre looking Judi in one corner, a shady looking Bardem in the other and then tube trains crashing, the DB5 somewhere and f**king explosions everywhere. Its not subtle, its not original and it would probaby get laughed at by the art school prick who designed these but its classic. I may not know much about Bond posters but I know what I like.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited September 2012 Posts: 3,277
    This is Brazilian version of the US One-sheet in a HUGE resolution...

CLICK TO THE IMAGE

;)
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 27
    Please tell me thats not it? I'm begging now EON please give us a proper hand drawn poster a la TLD or OP and not this photoshop sh*t.

It seems they are going with the trend of having Daniels teaser posters better than the final one.

This is absolute crap. Is it official or is it a fan one that Balje has knocked up? Daniel is way to big so that you cant see anything of the gunbarrel and the only other thing is a Union Jack limply fluttering in the background? Bollocks.

I want L007K Up, L007K Down, L007K OUT!!
    Bond flanked by Beatrice and Naomie, a sombre looking Judi in one corner, a shady looking Bardem in the other and then tube trains crashing, the DB5 somewhere and f**king explosions everywhere. Its not subtle, its not original and it would probaby get laughed at by the art school prick who designed these but its classic. I may not know much about Bond posters but I know what I like.

Precisely. Bravo.
  • I must say- like most of you, I am really underwhelmed with this new poster- and the previous "Character" posts are really poor in my opinion. I loved the first teaser poster and it is so disappointing that the quality of the artwork since has not followed through at all. Don't get me wrong- I have no doubt in my mind that "SKYFALL" will be a brilliant movie.... the story seems to be on point...even though we really only know the bare bones, the images look incredible, the cast (and we haven't seen or know anything about ALBERT FINNEY's character yet and know very little about HELEN McCRORY's character)- Then there's SAM MENDES and ROGER DEAKINS- but the subsequent posters AFTER the first teaser poster reveal....really remind me of "DAD" (remember the awful theatrical poster and character banners for THAT movie?). I didn't particularly like the "QoS" posters but they definitely looked a lot better than what I've seen for "SKYFALL" (save the first teaser).

I really hope I am wrong but I really think this may well be the final theatrical poster purely because of the text (cast and crew etc).

I agree wholeheartedly with @TheWizardOfIce and @bondsum - they should have returned to the classic style instaed of the "photoshop" look.....It's the 50th Anniversary for Christ's sake!! EoN have definitely dropped the ball on this one.

However- when all is said and done, it's "SKYFALL" the movie that counts. My ticket is already booked for Sat 27th Oct at BFI IMAX- nad I know it is gonna be a KILLA!!!
    @Theblack007, the final theatrical poster will contain the theme song artist's name, so we're still awaiting another poster. No worries yet!
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    @Theblack007, the final theatrical poster will contain the theme song artist's name, so we're still awaiting another poster. No worries yet!

Thanks @Creasy47 - I hear you pal....and you may well be right (I hope you are) but I just get the feeling that this IS the final Theatrical poster- they will probably just add ADELE's (ahem....LoL!) name and the song title on afterwards. Probably like everyone else on here- the first thing I did when I saw this new poster today was to look to see if it had details of the theme song/performer....but they were hardly likely to "announce" it like that were they....LoL!

Here's hoping you're right @Creasy47
    You and I both, @Theblack007, you and I both. I'm really expecting something extravagant, as I've been pretty underwhelmed with the posters as of late. The teaser poster was great, the one of Craig laying down isn't too bad, and the character banners (and this new poster) look too stiff and unnatural for my tastes.
  • QBranch wrote:

I don't think they are. The Asian one is tinted gold from an instagram filter and the other was a fan edit I remember seeing either here or on CBn.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,895
    Well in that case, 5 people have spent money on eBay for nothing. :P Now I'm wondering how much I could sell my fan art for. :-? Thanks for the heads up, @battleshipgreygt. Post deleted.
  • You can get it right with Photoshop, Goldeneye and CR were both great posters IMO. I just think for Skyfall they have been lazy. I've just seen the official Omega tie in poster for Skyfall which is the new onesheet and a watch at the bottom, therefore I rather think that this whole poster was actually designed with that in mind.
  • RC7RC7
    I think the gold one was done by Marketto within hours of the poster reveal. If I remember correctly.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited September 2012 Posts: 2,630
    RC7 wrote:
    I think the gold one was done by Marketto within hours of the poster reveal. If I remember correctly.

Actually it was done by me a while back...

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1597/skyfall-fan-arts/p23
    http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/6243/skyfallgold2.png

Same poster, but with golden gunbarrel.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,895
    RC7 wrote:
    Actually it was done by me a while back...
    [/quote]
    Well, someone's making cash from your artwork on eBay. ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAMES-BOND-007-SKYFALL-MOVIE-POSTER-Daniel-Craig-/221055641024
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    This is Brazilian version of the US One-sheet in a HUGE resolution...

CLICK TO THE IMAGE

;)

Nice!

I wish we had the UK version in a huge resolution like this...
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    The clean versions of the UK One Sheet and Quad.

Skyfall_UK_ONE_SHEET_Clean.jpg

Skyfall_UK_ONE_SHEET_Quad_Clean.jpg
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    Honestly, my first reaction was 'oh, fan art'.

My second reaction was 'you mean they're real?'

And my third reaction is a resounding 'Meh'.
  • I'm quite surprised by all the reactions actually. I think the new European/UK one-sheet is classic Bond. I love the very simple but typical Bond pose. It has a kind of FRWL-effectiveness to it.
    Agreed. I think it's quite classy.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    It's actually pretty shocking to think it's actually 25 years since the last truly great main poster.

Teasers for LTK, DAD, CR and SF were pretty good but everything else since 87 has been photoshopped crap.