The official Skyfall Poster-page

Comments

Creasy47 wrote:
    @TheWizardOfIce, it was probably to conceal a good portion of Brosnan's face for a mysterious effect. Look at all FPS games of today: when you zoom in, the gun would be resting against the bridge of your nose. It makes no sense at all.

Unless the camera is the perspective of only your right eye, and not a combined image of both.

But ANYWAYS, I don't see the point in pointing out the ineffectiveness of the position in the poster. Why can't it just be cool. Don't think so much about it!
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @TheWizardOfIce, it was probably to conceal a good portion of Brosnan's face for a mysterious effect. Look at all FPS games of today: when you zoom in, the gun would be resting against the bridge of your nose. It makes no sense at all.

Unless the camera is the perspective of only your right eye, and not a combined image of both.

But ANYWAYS, I don't see the point in pointing out the ineffectiveness of the position in the poster. Why can't it just be cool. Don't think so much about it!

Exactly. Next we will have people saying that Moore hanging off the Effiel Tower and Golden Gate or Connery walking around the outside of volcanos have their feet in the wrong position.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    dchantry wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Exactly. Next we will have people saying that Moore hanging off the Effiel Tower and Golden Gate or Connery walking around the outside of volcanos have their feet in the wrong position.

Fair point I suppose except there the sheer awesomeness detracts from the blurring of the laws of physics.

Oh for an SF hand drawn poster of Dan standing atop a flaming tube train shooting out of the gunbarrel, a PPK in one hand and Bernice in the other.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 3,333
    Oh for an SF hand drawn poster of Dan standing atop a flaming tube train shooting out of the gunbarrel, a PPK in one hand and Bernice in the other.
    I'm in totally agreement on this concept. It's a damn shame they didn't listen to some of us more sophisticated fans when piecing together the final poster and hire Robert McGinnis, Bob Peak or Daniel Goozeé to do the illustrations. Alas, we'll have to put up with some dull photoshop affair set against an uninspiring backdrop.
  • RC7RC7
    Anyone else seen this...

This was at Leicester Square. There's also a Silva one in the station itself. I assume there's similar for the girls. I quite like it.
    RC7 wrote:
    Anyone else seen this...

This was at Leicester Square. There's also a Silva one in the station itself. I assume there's similar for the girls. I quite like it.

It's getting crazy. I might fall from the sky myself because of promo-overkill @-)
    Actually a friend fom London said, promo has been pretty lame so far.
  • RC7RC7
    Germanlady wrote:
    Actually a friend fom London said, promo has been pretty lame so far.

I guess it depends where in London they are. I've seen a lot of Billboards and posters centrally.
    So I take it what we have had is all we're getting then?

No amazing final poster just a succession of mediocre photoshop efforts and still the first teaser is the best. Pretty lame when all said and done.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    So I take it what we have had is all we're getting then?

No amazing final poster just a succession of mediocre photoshop efforts and still the first teaser is the best. Pretty lame when all said and done.

That's right. Our last post is a joke. One of the worst ever for a Bond film.

Even I could have done better.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I know we have problem with all these photo shopped posters but lets face it is par the course for films these days. No they don't live up to classic posters but what cinematic poster campaigns do?

That being said I've seen a real shift in the campaign for Skyfall from what we got with Quantum. They seem to have taken a page from Nolan's Bat films, I don't remember character posters for a Bond film before and I must say seeing that poster of DC lying down in the midnight blue dinner suit with 007 logo is quite impressive sight. The number of double decker buses I've seen with that design taking up a complete side.

They are really getting this film out there in peoples faces like I've never seen before, no they aren't amazing but are effective in doing their job in telling people a new Bond film is on the way. I think this campaign combined with the reviews, Adele's title theme and the 50th Anniversary is going to take this film to heights not seen with the series for decades.

I'm not declaring them works of art and yes some of this fan art put allot of it to shame.
    Though the average Joe in the street isn't going to care that they aren't as artistic as the poster for FRWL, GF or TB, they just need a poster that simply does it's job and I think these series of posters especially the one mentioned are very effective at doing that.
    This was pretty good IMO:

goldeneye.jpg

Well except why would you hold a gun like that? If you fire with it held close up to your eye like it is in that poster the recoil will probably break your wrist and the gun will probably smash into your face and break your nose.

Unless he is cleaning it or something but why would you put that in the poster?

This is bada$$
    Shardlake wrote:
    I know we have problem with all these photo shopped posters but lets face it is par the course for films these days. No they don't live up to classic posters but what cinematic poster campaigns do?

That being said I've seen a real shift in the campaign for Skyfall from what we got with Quantum. They seem to have taken a page from Nolan's Bat films, I don't remember character posters for a Bond film before and I must say seeing that poster of DC lying down in the midnight blue dinner suit with 007 logo is quite impressive sight. The number of double decker buses I've seen with that design taking up a complete side.

They are really getting this film out there in peoples faces like I've never seen before, no they aren't amazing but are effective in doing their job in telling people a new Bond film is on the way. I think this campaign combined with the reviews, Adele's title theme and the 50th Anniversary is going to take this film to heights not seen with the series for decades.

I'm not declaring them works of art and yes some of this fan art put allot of it to shame.
    Though the average Joe in the street isn't going to care that they aren't as artistic as the poster for FRWL, GF or TB, they just need a poster that simply does it's job and I think these series of posters especially the one mentioned are very effective at doing that.

I dont quite understand your point.

Emblazoning every bus and billboard with the words 'Theres a new Bond film in a few weeks' in a large font would get the message across to Joe Public but artistically it would be a joke.

It seems like you're just saying 'there's nothing we can do about it so why complain?' So will you take the same phlegmatic attitude if SF turns out to be a DAD style CGI crapfest?
    I still miss the classic McCarthy posters though
    edited October 2012 Posts: 4,043
    Shardlake wrote:

Emblazoning every bus and billboard with the words 'Theres a new Bond film in a few weeks' in a large font would get the message across to Joe Public but artistically it would be a joke.

It seems like you're just saying 'there's nothing we can do about it so why complain?' So will you take the same phlegmatic attitude if SF turns out to be a DAD style CGI crapfest?

Wizard are you ever satisfied? if it's not the Blu ray box set it's this and how ludicrous does that last comment sound when you know fully well that Skyfall is nothing like DAD, unless the number of reviews released are lying to us, you really should have thought about that one before spewing your bile on the screen.

There is nothing we can do about this so maybe you should spend your energies on something else instead of jumping down the throat of anyone that doesn't share your extremely negative attitude to these subjects, we get it your not happy with things it's very clear to see. I hope you can walk into Skyfall with an open mind or are you looking to tear it down?
    Shardlake wrote:
    Shardlake wrote:

Wizard are you ever satisfied? if it's not the Blu ray box set it's this and how ludicrous does that last comment sound when you know fully well that Skyfall is nothing like DAD, unless the number of reviews released are lying to us, you really should have thought about that one before spewing your bile on the screen.

There is nothing we can do about this so maybe you should spend your energies on something else instead of jumping down the throat of anyone that doesn't share your extremely negative attitude to these subjects, we get it your not happy with things it's very clear to see. I hope you can walk into Skyfall with an open mind or are you looking to tear it down?

I am actually easily satisfied if people just do their jobs properly.

The blurays with that joke of an extras disc was an insult. Look at the Indy collectors box set for how things should be done properly. Now I know not everyone wants to spend a ton of money on collectors editions and would prefer just the films - well that's fine but what about something for those of us that do?
    The fact that they couldn't even be bothered to change the QOS menu screen to make it the same as the others just goes to show how unconcerned they were about delivering an exceptional package for the fans.

The release of the EON documentary shouldve been either a) in selected theatres worldwide b) as an extra in the box set to make it worth purchasing or c) if it was to be given away free then it should've been free for all. That US fans were catered for and the rest of the world could go hang was another insult by EON.

Corgi another disgrace - simply not interested in making money out of Bonds 50th.

For your info I'm not complaining for the sake of it just when people who are paid a lot of money to make these decisions seem to have either no interest or no clue in making anything but the most cursory effort.

As an example that I'm not Mr Negativity for the sake of it let me be the first to applaud EON for not being afraid to pull out the stops for the theme song. Instead of scrimping they have paid the money to get an artist at the top of their game and given her time to craft the song and the results speak for themselves. Why couldn't the same have been done for the poster?

Not sure how you 'know' that SF isn't another DAD just based on reviews as DAD got pretty reasonable reviews if I recall. I'm sure that SF won't be like DAD however and I have high hopes that it could even be better than CR and nudging OHMSS and FRWL levels of greatness. But if is sh*t I certainly won't be scared to say so just to avoid upsetting you.

Thank Christ people like you weren't around at the dawn civilisation or when someone had suggested cooking meat you'd have talked him out of it saying 'it's perfectly fine raw. Why strive for excellence instead of being content with mediocrity?'

If you'd have been head of NASA in the 60s or the FA in 1993 the Apollo programme would be lucky to have got a metre off the ground and Graham Taylor would still be managing England.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Lots of people on here seem to have a "be grateful for what you're getting" attitude about everything and refuse to admit it when EON do a poor job.

It looks like they've delivered with SF but really they've dropped the ball with lots of stuff this year.

The posters (other than the teaser), the video game (although that's not really them), the documentary (thank God for @Artemis81) and the Bond day celebrations (only worth while thing happening was Adele's song being released).

Ever seen/read Oliver Twist? Well this is a bit like that, except half the orphans are telling the others to shut up, eat their porridge and be grateful.
    New Skyfall IMAX poster. Looks pretty cool actually......

http://www.filmnav.co.uk/2012/10/19/skyfall-exclusive-imax-poster-revealed/
  • Hmmm, that poster is maybe a bit too bleak and grey but it's still better than most of the SF posters.

Why give us a crap final theatrical poster then use this as a minor IMAX exclusive thing that not many will see?
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Love that photo.
    Very 1960's. I think it looks great - easily the best Bond Craig poster.
  • Very 1960's.

Apart from the DB5 I don't see anything 60s about it. The 60s posters were big, bold and colourful.
    I think it looks great - easily the best Bond Craig poster.

It's better than some of the recent SF posters but I prefer the CR posters and the SF teaser.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 4,043
    Shardlake wrote:
    Shardlake wrote:

I am actually easily satisfied if people just do their jobs properly.

The blurays with that joke of an extras disc was an insult. Look at the Indy collectors box set for how things should be done properly. Now I know not everyone wants to spend a ton of money on collectors editions and would prefer just the films - well that's fine but what about something for those of us that do?
    The fact that they couldn't even be bothered to change the QOS menu screen to make it the same as the others just goes to show how unconcerned they were about delivering an exceptional package for the fans.

The release of the EON documentary shouldve been either a) in selected theatres worldwide b) as an extra in the box set to make it worth purchasing or c) if it was to be given away free then it should've been free for all. That US fans were catered for and the rest of the world could go hang was another insult by EON.

Corgi another disgrace - simply not interested in making money out of Bonds 50th.

For your info I'm not complaining for the sake of it just when people who are paid a lot of money to make these decisions seem to have either no interest or no clue in making anything but the most cursory effort.

As an example that I'm not Mr Negativity for the sake of it let me be the first to applaud EON for not being afraid to pull out the stops for the theme song. Instead of scrimping they have paid the money to get an artist at the top of their game and given her time to craft the song and the results speak for themselves. Why couldn't the same have been done for the poster?

Not sure how you 'know' that SF isn't another DAD just based on reviews as DAD got pretty reasonable reviews if I recall. I'm sure that SF won't be like DAD however and I have high hopes that it could even be better than CR and nudging OHMSS and FRWL levels of greatness. But if is sh*t I certainly won't be scared to say so just to avoid upsetting you.

Thank Christ people like you weren't around at the dawn civilisation or when someone had suggested cooking meat you'd have talked him out of it saying 'it's perfectly fine raw. Why strive for excellence instead of being content with mediocrity?'

If you'd have been head of NASA in the 60s or the FA in 1993 the Apollo programme would be lucky to have got a metre off the ground and Graham Taylor would still be managing England.

There is a useful 4 letter word and you are full of it!
  • Has anyone seen any skyfall billboard posters? There aren't any in my town.

Ever seen/read Oliver Twist? Well this is a bit like that, except half the orphans are telling the others to shut up, eat their porridge and be grateful.

Very well put Sir.

The likes of Shardlake and his fellow advocates of appeasement seem more than satisfied with whatever watery thin gruel they get served up.
    If that was indeed the case I'd be a Brosnan fan and would have made do with his pseudo Bond tribute act and never spoke up.

Yes I have seen/read Oliver Twist you cheeky sod, being a Brosnan fan yourself you've been excepting a far amount of watery thin gruel long before me and calling it a meal.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Shardlake wrote:
    If that was indeed the case I'd be a Brosnan fan and would have made do with his pseudo Bond tribute act and never spoke up.

Yes I have seen/read Oliver Twist you cheeky sod, being a Brosnan fan yourself you've been excepting a far amount of watery thin gruel long before me and calling it a meal.

What does me being a Brosnan fan have to do with anything? Or are you just bringing that up so you can bash him again? No need to get all pissy, I was just making a comparison since some people seem happy with anything EON have done this year.

You're worse than Getafix when it comes to this (who at least has a joke about it), 90% of your posts are "waahhhh, I didn't like Brosnan when he was Bond and now I've found a site where the majority don't like him I'm going to bitch about it, waahhhhh!"

Very well put Sir.

The likes of Shardlake and his fellow advocates of appeasement seem more than satisfied with whatever watery thin gruel they get served up.

And then have a go at the rest of us for daring to ask for more.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    26631_538328346182081_1952447441_n.jpg
    ggl007 wrote:
    26631_538328346182081_1952447441_n.jpg

Wunderful UK Quad Poster :-). Now also Adele is mentioned. It has a bit of arthouse feel to it, with all the ratings attached.
  • acoppolaacoppola London Ealing not far from where Bob Simmons lived
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,243
    I find the poster campaign underwhelming for a 50th anniversary. It looks like photo shop and Craig out of the tuxedo with no gunbarrel could be any action film.

Old Bond poster campaigns captured the essence of Bond in an artistic way. I would not hang the above on my wall. A missed opportunity. Live And Let Die was an example of what I mean as well as many others. They had exciting campaigns and stood out from the pack.

It reminds me more of Gangster No.1 if I am honest. Bond deserves better than this.