Murdock's Art/Media Thread.

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Badass posters, Murdock! Well done, mate! :) Eye For An Eye is my favorite.

Thanks Brady! My photoshop skills and visual styles have improved over the years and I'm proud to post these. :)

I also love all the kinds of logos you make, from these posters to your Bond ones you posted a while back.

Thank you. To me Logo's are one of the most important part of any Project. I feel by changing up the logo, You give the poster it's own visual and identity. By doing so it branches it out from the others. :)

I agree. There have been instances where I spent more time picking fonts and logos for my artwork than I did to create the drawing. They are a crucially important element indeed.

Agreed. Growing up I loved the different covers for the Bond movies. Each one was so unique and had it's own logo style. It really inspired me and how I create my posters. Though recently I've been trying to take that and bring in my own style and preferences to my artwork. I think with this set of Posters the one I think emulates the "Special Edition" Bond posters is Justice For All. A tight closeup of the protagonist with a gun. ;)
    While I patiently wait on my Joysticks, I decided to paint up this old Thermostat to look like the GoldenEye door decoder.
    54bZ1CW.jpg
    Granted it's not finished but It's almost done.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote:
    While I patiently wait on my Joysticks, I decided to paint up this old Thermostat to look like the GoldenEye door decoder.
    54bZ1CW.jpg
    Granted it's not finished but It's almost done.

Cool! Are these new props for another Bruce Murdock film project?

Correct. :D Once I get all the props done, my plan is to Start filming various scenes. But I need to save up and get a good video editing program because Windows movie maker is all I have and it's not good to use.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote:

Correct. :D Once I get all the props done, my plan is to Start filming various scenes. But I need to save up and get a good video editing program because Windows movie maker is all I have and it's not good to use.

Nice! Have to tried surfing the net for some decent open-source video editing programs? This could be a place to start to see if anything strikes your fancy:

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/applications/best-free-video-editing-software-9-top-programs-you-should-download-1136264
    Murdock wrote:

Nice! Have to tried surfing the net for some decent open-source video editing programs? This could be a place to start to see if anything strikes your fancy:

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/applications/best-free-video-editing-software-9-top-programs-you-should-download-1136264

Nice I'll look into those. :)
    Anyway here's a line from my script that involves my door decoder. ;)

Bruce: *Picking up the black device and examines it curiously.* Rylus, what is this?

Rylus: *Typing away at his portable laptop* It's a Door Decoder.

Bruce: *Noticing the words Warm to Cool beveled on the plastic* Why does it say thermostat?

Rylus: *turns around and looks at Bruce.* Because if it said "Door Decoder" Then I wouldn't be sitting here right now. *smirks and goes back do typing away on his laptop.*
    Murdock wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Nice I'll look into those. :)
    Anyway here's a line from my script that involves my door decoder. ;)

Bruce: *Picking up the black device and examines it curiously.* Rylus, what is this?

Rylus: *Typing away at his portable laptop* It's a Door Decoder.

Bruce: *Noticing the words Warm to Cool beveled on the plastic* Why does it say thermostat?

Rylus: *turns around and looks at Bruce.* Because if it said "Door Decoder" Then I wouldn't be sitting here right now. *smirks and goes back do typing away on his laptop.*

That's a great line, very much a Q to Bond inspired delivery. I could definitely see that happening in the films:

Setting: Inside Q-Branch; Bond is getting briefed about his gadgets by Q]

Q: "007! Eye my female colleagues on your own time. Now, pay attention! [Guiding Bond to the driver's side of the Aston] You see this red button here, below the music speakers? Don't touch it unless under extreme duress."

Bond: "Why can't I touch it, Q? All it says is "switch to F.M."

Q: "Do you really think that button is used for changing radio signals, Bond? Why then would I urge you not to press it if its function wasn't a specially designed defensive combatant for you to use against the enemies of the service you will no doubt cross paths with on your upcoming mission?"

Bond: "What was that, Q? I seem to have tuned out there for a second. [looks at the figures of Q's female assistants] You truly do have a cracking support team here. They seem very passionate about their work, and everything around here seems to be shaping up quite nicely."

Q: "I honestly can't fathom how you have survived in the field thus far, 007..."
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Yes the way characters interact in my stories are very important. While the tone of my stories are Modern Noir, The charm and humor come from the characters. :)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I love the posters, @Murdock! Especially 'The Traditions of the Trade'. Lovely colours, the font looks cool and the lighting is spot on. Well done! I also like the dark tone of 'Justice For All', with one eye hiding in the shadows... or is that an eyepatch? ;)
    QBranch wrote:
    I love the posters, @Murdock! Especially 'The Traditions of the Trade'. Lovely colours, the font looks cool and the lighting is spot on. Well done! I also like the dark tone of 'Justice For All', with one eye hiding in the shadows... or is that an eyepatch? ;)

It's hiding in the shadows. ;)

Also More Props! :D
    7zeH7kA.jpg
    Death Wish Fan poster by me. :)
    death_wish_poster__by_comandercool22-d6kxj26.jpg
    edited September 2013 Posts: 16,330
    Alright, time for some new stuff. As my creative side never quits. I made wallpaper versions of my Bruce Murdock posters. Basically, there condensed versions of the movie posters I recently made but added the other Main character Rylus Carlyle to the wallpapers where I couldn't fit him into the posters due to size problems.
    SxoHlEyh.jpg
    MpMivBNh.jpg
    AY8y2cWh.jpg
    LmVQreWh.jpg
    nvhkINrh.jpg
    And a wallpaper exclusive poster featuring all three main characters. Bruce, Rylus and Earl.
    8qQb1lTh.jpg
    That last one is badass! I love the film roll and color variation, as well as that split main background with contrasting light and darkness.
    That last one is badass! I love the film roll and color variation, as well as that split main background with contrasting light and darkness.
    Thanks Brady. :) That one was inspired by this amazing Metal Gear Solid 3 poster by Japanese Artist Noriyoshi Ohrai.
    MGS3_Artwork_1.jpg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

I concur!
    Murdock wrote:
    Thanks Brady. :) That one was inspired by this amazing Metal Gear Solid 3 poster by Japanese Artist Noriyoshi Ohrai.
    MGS3_Artwork_1.jpg

Very stylish!
    That's great, @Murdock! Nice subtle paint effects there!
    Murdock wrote:
    my creative side never quits.
    Word on the street is that it's also a dangerous place to be. ;)
    Thanks @QBranch. I aim to please. ;)
    QBranch wrote:
    Word on the street is that it's also a dangerous place to be. ;)
    I wouldn't say dangerous, I'd say glorious! :))

Murdock wrote:
    I'd say glorious! :))
    You speak the truth.
    Murdock wrote:
    I wouldn't say dangerous
    Ha ha, I know- I just thought I could work a LTK tagline in there somewhere.

'His creative side is a dangerous place for other artists to be' :D
    Here's something completely different! I've dabbled in music composition. :)

Main Theme

Fight Theme

Escape Theme
    Disappointed with the real DAD Bluray cover, I made my own.
    die_another_day_blu_ray_cover__by_comandercool22-d6oezu4.jpg
    Murdock wrote:
    Nice work, Murdock. That's much better than the real thing. I'd wager you could also improve the film. ;)
    QBranch wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Nice work, Murdock. That's much better than the real thing. I'd wager you could also improve the film. ;)

Thank you @Qbranch.

I'd do a lot things. ;)

Replace Jinx with Wai-Lin. Yes have a main Bond girl return! something that hasn't been done before.

Snip the para-surfing scene.

At least make Mr. Kil into something more dignified like Mr. Killian.

Dump Anything Icarus and Diamond related. (Post PTS)

Have Bond reflect on his torture and give emotion from it.

Make the tone closer to that of Licence to Kill.

Keep Moon as the villain. He could have easily got rich and changed his whole identity. With his wealth. (Without the use of Gene Therapy.) Anyone who tried to reveal who he would need a little more than Hey, that guy is evil.

Iceland can stay. The Ice Palace was very Ken Adam inspired.

Miranda should be an Agent taught by Bond who later betrays him.

And keep the Aston Martin visible. James Bond doesn't need to hide. He should strike fear into the hearts of his opponents.

Have Moneypenny talk to Bond in the Infirmary Boat after M. To try to ease his pain but only make him confess some sort of feelings for her.

And that's about all I can think of for my "Vision" of fixing DAD.
    Nice work, @Murdock. I love that photo shoot with Pierce and Halle. He looks so Bondian in every shot, way more than they let him be later in his era.
    Nice work, @Murdock. I love that photo shoot with Pierce and Halle. He looks so Bondian in every shot, way more than they let him be later in his era.

Thanks Brady. I think if they toned down some of the really crazy over the top elements and tweaked the story like I mentioned above, It would have been a really nice sendoff for Brosnan. :)

Also Brosnan also looks alot like Fleming's Bond in that image. It was begging to be used.
    Murdock wrote:
    I agree. I think the palace gets an unfair wrap because of it's attachment to Graves and the CGI fluff surrounding it.
    QBranch wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    I agree. I think the palace gets an unfair wrap because of it's attachment to Graves and the CGI fluff surrounding it.

Indeed. The location was amazing. It reminds me of YOLT mixed with OHMSS. One thing I should point out is, in the DAD portion of DAD, after the Car chase, it has Bond Drive into the Antonov. That should have happened in the film too. No need to cut back to MI6 in South Korea. It was so unnecessary.
    Bruce Murdock: Agents of Illusion. Ultimate Edition Wallpaper. (More to come!) ;)
    jO5eZHx.jpg
    I've currently finished writing Chapter 1 and 2 of Agents of Illusion. I'm working on chapter 3. I've broken the film into 7 (10 to 15minute parts) rounding it out to a 70 to 75 minute film. once I finish writing it, I'll pass it off to my co-star and he'll help refine the story and help fix up any mistakes that can be fixed.
    Alright here's something different. A 70's style poster for Agents of Illusion. :D
    xcVoUQc.jpg