Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

George Michael has his last Christmas RIP.
    53?!!!! wonderful song writer with a wonderful voice, sh#t news, feeling sad and angry
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Astronaut Piers Sellers dead at 61. RIP
  • George Michael Wtf
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    He found a better toilet. RIP.

main-qimg-9d495a2ab19e9d4c587ebf3252c1646c-c?convert_to_webp=true
  • RC7RC7
    Sat in my chair last week drinking Whisky and listening to George. Gutted.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    And he was only just 17 when he wrote careless whisper. That's quite the huge accomplishment.
    RIP George Michael. 2016 is the worst for sure.
    RIP George Michael.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    He truly was an incredible talent with an incredibly complex personal life; it's a shame he never did a Bond theme. last year in the discussion of Writings on the Wall, a song I strongly dislike mainly because of the vocal, I said that George Michael would have owned it.

Rip George
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 11,189
    I went to bed early last night so woke up to the news this morning.

Rest in Peace George Michael

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Just woke up to the news on Facebook that George Michael is dead at 53. Quite a shock, but one comes to expect anything now in 2016. :(
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP George Michael
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Just woke up to the news on Facebook that George Michael is dead at 53. Quite a shock, but one comes to expect anything now in 2016. :(

With how badly he treated his body in his life, this news sadly doesn't come as a surprise to me. There was something inevitable about losing him this way, unfortunately. It's a horrible thing to witness someone struggling with demons that they can't wrestle to the ground, until it's too late to save them from themselves. Frankly it's a miracle he made it as long as he did, especially when not five years ago he was constantly being found drugged out around England, in places as random as bathrooms. A sad rise and fall of a talented man, to be sure.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited December 2016 Posts: 6,790
    Always been a big fan of George Michael. Such a talented artist, had he sung the last theme it would have made Spectre one of my favourites.

My favourite songs by George:

1. Killer - Papa was a Rolling Stone

2. Careless Whisper

3. Older

4. Last Christmas

5. The Strangest Thing

6. Cowboys and Angels

7. Jesus to a Child

8. Fastlove

9. Desafinado

10. Praying for Time

May he rest in peace...
    I'm partial to "One More Try" myself.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Gutted. George was one of the greats. They don't make them like him anymore. I grew up on this guy and if you're a lover of slick pop with some meaning, you can't do much better. He had a tough road over the past decade or so, but his musical genius was unquestionable. Rest in peace sir, and thanks all the memories that will live on forever.

My favourites of his are Everything She Wants, Spinning The Wheel , Cowboys and Angels & Freedom 90 (awesome video and song). I'm also partial to Club Tropicana, despite the cheese.

Two great performances of his here. I have the blu ray and it's highly recommended.

Watch this one from about 1:50. It really gets going then.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    George's death is hard to take. He is one of the musical heroes of my childhood and when I was a teenager he influenced me very much.
    I'm too devastated to really say something proper right now. After Prince I have to endure the loss of George as well now.

Yes, George Michael battled depression and sadly he became addicted to drugs for various periods of time.
    The kind of personal tragedies he experienced in the nineties are hard to live with.

Personally I believe George is free now from all the pain and if it was heart failure and he just fell to sleep forever in peace then I envy him. I wish I could heal the pain that way.

Rest in piece George Michael.
    You have been loved and now you have your Freedom.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Sounds like a good way to go.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I'm heartbroken, but listening to this voice of an angel helps. Elton John's masterpiece of a song performed by George Michael. Probably the best vocal pop performance ever.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ttQ-S5tOrAY"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    RIP George Michael. Words fail me this year on this thread.

• One of the highlights of Freddy Mercury tribute concert.

Cover of the excellent Stevie Wonder track AS
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    RIP George Michael - way, way, way too soon. Very sad.

Also RIP to Liz Smith, who played Nana in The Royle Family.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP Liz Smith a great comedy actress
    Former Yugoslavian airline stewardess Vesna Vulovic, who survived a 33 000 feet fall from an exploding airplane in 1972, has passed away, aged 66 :

cbsnews.com/news/vesna-vulovic-stewardess-who-miraculously-survived-jet-crash-in-1972-dies/

Her survival back then is nothing but a miracle.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited December 2016 Posts: 40,479
    And I thought she was getting better: the wonderful Carrie Fisher has passed away at 60:

http://people.com/movies/carrie-fisher-dies/

RIP, Princess Leia.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm completely speechless. RIP Carrie.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    RIP Princess.
  • Fuck Death.

RIP Carrie, you will be sorely missed.