Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

Ludovico wrote: »
    RIP Jim Delligatti. Died age 98. He invented the Big Mac.

The irony of this must be noted. Inventor of one of the most famous unhealthy fast food products dies at a ripe old age.
    Gerard wrote: »
    Just learned of the death of Hawaiian actor Keo Woolford, who had a recurring part in "Hawaii 5-0", and played in the 2014 version of "Godzilla" :

hollywoodreporter.com/news/keo-woolford-dead-hawaii-five-0-actor-was-49-951251

Say what you will, but 49 is too young to die. Frankly, what's with this year ?

Some die old , some die young.....doesn't have to live a lifestyle like Elvis to die young , could be cancer and all kinds of other causes.
  • BAIN123 wrote: »

The irony of this must be noted. Inventor of one of the most famous unhealthy fast food products dies at a ripe old age.
    I wonder if he ever ate his own product, probably not I would guess.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    BAIN123 wrote: »

I wonder if he ever ate his own product, probably not I would guess.

The fast food industry is a lot like drug manufacturing: you never taste your own product.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    BAIN123 wrote: »

True, though he probably didn't eat them much, knowing too many details of what they were composed of. I actually tried to order my very first one of these the other day but I was told that the breakfast menu had not ended yet so I didn't get to. Not a McDonald's or fast food person generally.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 1,661
    IMHO McDonald's is great but in moderation. Gotta control your impulse to have too many per month! RIP Big Mac man.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 1,009
    Last November we lost a master and precussor of techno-pop, Jean Jacques-Perrey, at age 87. Brilliant Moog synthetizer performer, with a great sense of humor, his figure can be compared to other forbidden geniuses like the Brittons Joe Meek and Eric Siday. However, Perrey had far more commercial success than they, especially when collaborating with Gershon Kingsley (the composer of the classic proto-disco tune Popcorn).
    RIP Valerie Gaunt- so great in Hammer's THE CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN (1957) and DRACULA (1958).
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    IMHO McDonald's is great but in moderation. Gotta control your impulse to have too many per month! RIP Big Mac man.

I would have to second that. I finally got my Big Mac and fries tonight as a little treat to myself for £4.99.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Have just learned of the passing of Andrew Sachs, best known as Manuel from the comedy classic Fawlty Towers.
    RIP to this most talented of actors. Sad day.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Benny wrote: »
    Have just learned of the passing of Andrew Sachs, best known as Manuel from the comedy classic Fawlty Towers.
    RIP to this most talented of actors. Sad day.

Oh man indeed a beloved character Fawlty Towers Is one of my all time favouraite comedies. God bless him R.I.P.

A couple of familiar faces from the world of Bond in those clips.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    RIP Andrew Sachs
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP Andrew Sachs.
    RIP Andrew Sachs, a true master of his craft.
    RIP Marcel Gotlib. French comic book artist. Rubrique a brac was one of the funniest comics ever when you like absurd humour.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 5,797
    Yes, that's a death that breaks me. From Pilote to Fluide Glacial, from Gai-Luron to Isaac Newton (yes, really), his comics have been there all my life. Curse 2016 !

gotlib.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Gottlib also did a great Lucky Luke parody in the style of Sergio Leone westerns.
    I'm going to curl in a fetal position now :

newsarama.com/32242-green-hornet-actor-van-williams-passes-away.html

Now, the whole team is reunited in that big set in the sky.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 3,144
    Sad to see this
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38225796
    Rest in peace Peter Vaughan
    Tracy wrote: »
    Leslie Martinson (Baytman *66 director)

Eddie Hice (Penguins guinea pig #1 & Riddlers stuntman , Batman '66 movie. I believe he also did stunts in AVTAK ?)

Julie Gregg (Penguins moll Finella in the episode where Alfred is brain washed and also the french singer in the movie)

Batman 66 is best TV series ever IMO, followed by Uncle and Avengers.
    The three aforementioned's contributions shall be fondly remembered!
    Gerard wrote: »
    Yes, that's a death that breaks me. From Pilote to Fluide Glacial, from Gai-Luron to Isaac Newton (yes, really), his comics have been there all my life. Curse 2016 !

gotlib.jpg

Rubrique à brac might be the funniest comic strip ever. At least in the French speaking world.
    My grandfather will be dying very soon. This news hurts me worst in how it is affecting my mother, who had a very good, strong relationship with him - her father. I love him, but it's nothing close to the bond they held since she was a child. No one in my life is more special than my mother, and to see her go through this is the worst.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    My condolences to you and your family, @FoxRox.
    @jake24

Thank you.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    You have my deepest sympathies, @FoxRox, as I have been through this sort of ordeal two years in a row, 2014 with my grandfather and 2015 with my grandmother (she lost the will to fight after her husband passed) at around the same time each year, from late September to mid-October. They were both on my mother's side, meaning in two years she went from having both her parents to being an orphan, and both times I was on the phone with family finding out about the news of her father and mother's passing and had to look her in the eyes and break the news to her. This was especially hard with my grandmother, because she was my world and just as important to me and who I was raised into being as my mother and father; just one of those special people that you meet once in life.

There's nothing to really say to soften anything of what will come, as the emotions will be quite raw for a while, but of course your greatest duty will be to support your mother in any way you can to get her through this. We have similar experiences on this, because though I loved my grandfather my mother really loved him, and he wasn't her biological father either. My grandmother's first husband was quite the bastard, a cruel and disloyal fool that cut and run from her, my mother, and her four brothers when they were young, leaving them to survive on government aid for quite a while just to get by. I'm sure my grandmother never thought she'd find love again after the divorce, but when she met my grandfather later in her life something sparked and she found her true soul mate. My mother took to him quite strongly, no doubt because of how well he treated my grandmother, always taking her out to dance or doing other romantic and gentlemanly gestures like that. He thought the world of my mother too, calling her his "girl" whenever they said goodbye after visits or following talks on the phone.

In the last years of his life my grandfather died quite slowly from Alzheimer's, going through all the stages, at the start only being foggy in his memory of things and at the end his neurons were so depleted he was bed-ridden nearly all the time and thought my grandmother was his mother often, his mind had regressed so horribly. It was during this time that I discovered quite quickly that the disease is just about the worst thing that can happen to a person, worse than even cancer. At least when you die of cancer, you know why it's happening, but with Alzheimer's your own body is killing you from the brain down, and at the end your awareness of it all is non-existent. Over time though my family mourned by grandfather healthily, and at the end of the day we're just happy he didn't have to suffer any more.

The reason I tell you this is to both relate a similar experience and to show you that over time things will get better, in the hopes that you and your family will get through this as my family has. My mother's side is still mourning my grandmother, and now my mother's brothers aren't talking to each other at all, and haven't since the funeral (over very petty things too), so there's still much work we all need to do to put our unit back together again. But as I said, your main objective when the time comes is to help your mother through this any way you can, and to act as a confidante through which she can vent her feelings and let out all the anger, anxiety, sadness and/or any other variation of emotion that she could be feeling during a time like this. She may be like my mother and deal more with it internally, but just being there even if you don't say anything can be a massive help to make someone not feel alone. It'll also be important for her to feel some sort of familiarity after a big change like the passing of her parent, so being present is all the more crucial.

I don't want to ramble on more, but know that I am just a PM away if you ever need to talk down the line about anything relating to this sort of thing. You seem like a very nice fellow, and I fully trust in your abilities to get through this trying time.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

Thank you. I appreciate you opening up, and I really appreciate your support. I'm going to do the best I can for my family and stay strong through it.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    @FoxRox - my condolences to yourself and your family.
    @Shark_0f_Largo

Thank you. Every message from everyone means a lot to me - seriously. It's great to have support.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That s tough, FoxRox. Sorry to hear it.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    My grandfather will be dying very soon. This news hurts me worst in how it is affecting my mother, who had a very good, strong relationship with him - her father. I love him, but it's nothing close to the bond they held since she was a child. No one in my life is more special than my mother, and to see her go through this is the worst.

I've only just seen this so accept my apologies for not replying sooner.

Will send you a PM shortly.