Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Thank you, @Master_Dahark, @FoxRox, @Mrcoggins, @Thunderfinger, @Shark_0f_Largo. Those are kind words.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    You have my deepest sympathies @DarthDimi. I lost my Grandmother just over a year ago, and it's still raw.
    I'm sorry to see this news @Darth. Keep an eye on your inbox.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    So sorry to learn of the passing of your grandmother @DarthDimi our grandparents are often the ones we spend so many happy times with. I feel your pain my friend, and please let me know if there is any way I can help.
    In my thoughts buddy.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'm sorry to read of your loss, Dimi.
    Thank you very much, @royale65, @BAIN123, @Benny, @MajorDSmythe.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    All my thoughts are with you and your family, @DarthDimi.
    Thank you, @DaltonCraig007.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    My condolences, @DarthDimi. Very sad to hear.
    Thanks, @jake24.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @DarthDimi, so very sorry to hear, and I'm always here to talk if need be. Happy to hear she had a long life at 90 years of age.
    My condolences @DarthDimi, your grandmother had a long life which is admirable. All my grand parents died before I hit 20, 90 is a very good age.
    Thank you, @Creasy47 and @fire_and_ice. Reality is slowly sinking in...
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Condolences on the loss of your grandmother, @DarthDimi. My thoughts are with you at this sad time.
    Thank you, @Dragonpol!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I'm sorry for your loss @DarthDimi
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm so sorry for your loss @DarthDimi.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 6,432

My Grandad was and still is my hero, I frequently think about him when making decisions, I still take on board what he taught me. Always remember good times
    :)
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    @DarthDimi my condolences as well. I can relate.
    So sorry to learn of your loss DD. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Thanks, guys. It really feels great to read such kind words.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Oh, @DarthDimi I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing someone you love is hard. I lost my uncle 11 years ago this October 5 to leukemia.

I know how you feel. I still remember where I was and what I was doing. My deepest sympathies to you in your time of grief. I'll pray for you.
    I learn this a bit late, but Adrienne Corri died last month: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2016/04/08/adrienne-corri-actress---obituary/

In A Clockwork Orange, she was the writer's wife who gets raped by Alex and his droogs. A very short, yet memorable role in a very challenging scene.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I'm still not over the loss of Garry Shandling :(

I will watch Hollywood A.D. tonight, one of the very best X-Files episodes, with Garry Shandling as Fox Mulder.

• JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Just read news that David Gest has passed away. Love him or hate him, he's gone way too early at 62. RIP.....
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited April 2016 Posts: 17,800
    Sad news about David Gest. He was a great friend and defender of Michael Jackson when it really mattered.

Also Melinda Rose Woodward, the wife of Sir Tom Jones has died recently.
    Dimi ik wens je heel veel sterkte in deze voor jouw zware tijd.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited April 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Too many but Shandling really got to me.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @DarthDimi, I'm never good at these kinds of things, I don't think, but after going through a similar situation recently, I felt the need to extend a comforting gesture, if I may.

In my life, the last year and a half has been colored by the deaths of wonderful, wonderful women. My father has lived in the town where he grew up and chose to raise me all his life, and this year especially, he's had to say goodbye to many women who made him the man he is today, including the mother of one of his best friends that was like a mother to him and his buddies growing up in many, many ways. Many deaths of friends and family have come in between, leaving us all more than a little bereft. Not even two weeks ago, my friend, who I literally grew up in the sandbox with, had to say goodbye to his own grandmother, and as I visited the funeral home and hugged him and his family, who have always been like my own family, I was inevitably reminded of how I felt during October of last year when my own grandmother passed away.

Dimi, I am sure that you would agree that when it comes to grandmothers, there's something special in the effect they have, and when they depart this life, the pain is also a special one, more severe than others could ever seem to feel. We watch these amazing women from generations past who've faced struggles we couldn't even begin to imagine, and it simply feels like a privilege to be in their presence.

From the little I've heard about your grandmother, I know this was the relationship you had with her. As with you, my grandmother raised me like her own son, and resembles in my mind and heart so much of my mother that the two always felt like two parts of the same loving, selfless person as I grew up. The memories you have of your grandmother, whether it's when she was sitting with you enjoying a quiet moment, teaching you a vital lesson about the world or comforting you when all the world seemed to be collapsing or changing around you are the moments you must do yourself the favor and honor in equal measures of holding on to. I can't tell you that the pain left in her absence will cease, because women like our grandmothers were so incredible in life that the void left behind following their deaths can be nothing but sizable and vast.

I can say, however, that the greatest things about her will always live on. And sir, I don't mean just in your memories. Your grandmother will live on in you. In every action you take, every word you speak, in every gentle kindness you extend into the world, all of it. You do all these things because women like her taught you the value of being such a beacon of light and friendliness to the world, and because of the lessons she taught so willingly to you, as my grandmother did to me, the legacy of her wonder will live on in you, because she helped craft the wonderful man you've grown to be.

It's the greatest crime against humanity that our grandmothers can't be with us forever, to always be an anchor and source of stabilization in an oft rocky world, but in the time that they do have to spend with us, boy, what a mark do they make. I wish you and your family well and I extend my sweetest sympathies as you celebrate and remember the life of what sounds like an incredible woman. And of course, celebrating and remembering you all should be, for the last thing your grandmother would want is for you all to be sad, though it may seem impossible to feel anything but that at this time.

But you are a man of science and logic and thought, Dimi, so think, probability wise, how lucky you were to end up with such a woman as your grandmother, a woman who has and always will be a shining, golden treasure in a sea of pyrite to you. It's such dumb luck, such incalculable odds and mass implausibility on a grand scale that we both ended up with such phenomenal women to guide us in life for as long as they did, and it's that sincere blessing that I still hold on to, long after my grandmother has passed. I hope you will hold on to that idea, that blessed feeling, all the same going forward.

As you already know, I am always here to talk if you need me. Do take care sir, and above all, continue to honor your grandmother well, as only you can. From what I have seen of you these past few years, in your extension of friendship and kindness to me and so many others here, she has much to be proud of, my Bond brother. :)>-
    Thank you kindly, @PropertyOfALady.

Van harte bedankt, @SaintMark. Het is inderdaad een zware tijd.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7,
    I read and re-read your post several times. You're a very good friend. I found a lot of support and solace in those words. Thank you so much!