Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

Guy Hamilton, Prince, and Chyna. This is all too much

RIP to all 3 of them
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Holy crap. Prince!

I can't believe this. Love the guy & had the privilege to see him live a few years back. He was on fire ,even at 50. Bloody hell. I'm gutted.

RIP. What a sad day this is.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    What do you mean, Prince? Please not that Prince, I will go and check the news out now.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Very sad and shocking indeed. R.I.P. Prince.
    RIP Prince and Guy Hamilton. Very sad news.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP Prince, 2016 is a terrible year.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Prince was quite innovative in the early 80s, with a distinct sound.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    RIP Prince
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Prince could have done a belter of a Bond theme, I reckon. Another sad loss...
    What the hell is going on, way too many passing lately and that's just people in public eye.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Wow, I'm shocked. Had he been sick? What a sad day.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    pachazo wrote: »
    Wow, I'm shocked. Had he been sick? What a sad day.

His plane performed an emergency landing last week because he had a bad case of the flu, but he performed the next day apparently and then canceled his next two concerts, which were this week, I believe.
    Well, he had recently cancelled a few of his concerts, but I didn't think it was that serious. Sad loss for the music world.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited April 2016 Posts: 17,804
    I can't believe Prince has just died. He was a great artist, one of my favourites. This is like losing Michael Jackson all over again. :(
    May 19th and May 20th 1987. Two of my happiest days in my life.
    I went to see both concerts in Zurich. We all had to wear either black or peach.
    I had tickets to both concerts in the front row. Nonetheless we camped outside for hours just to see him arrive. And we did.
    It was the first time I've seen him live, I did love him since Purple Rain and especially after 1985 but seeing my hero live in THAT set on stage.
    Later in 1989 when one of my biggest dreams came true on screen with Batman the movie, Prince became forever my musical hero.
    If it really is true, then I don't know how to cope with this.
  • It really is true. RIP Prince.

Personally, I'm going to go out & party like it's 1999.....
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    One my favourites of Prince, he hits some seriously high notes here:

http://www.jukebo.com/prince/music-clip,the-most-beautiful-girl-in-the,lf8lv.html
    edited April 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Birdleson wrote: »
    IIf he had decided to focus on being a guitar god he would have been lumped in with Hendrix, Garcia, Allman and the rest.
    Agreed. He burst out in to a solo guitar routine when I saw him that was just incredible. He also did a 'Jackson' routine that brought the house down. That was about 5 yrs ago. Amazing stage performer (as good as Jackson, who I've also had the privilege of seeing - although Prince was more of a musician while Michael was more of a showman).
    Saw Prince last in July 2013 and August 2011, in Montreux, Zurich respectively.
    Both times were unforgettable events, especially Montreux.

Just digged up all the stuff I have of Prince and browsing through booklets and other stuff.

I know it's a Bond forum, but would it be possible to open a thread for Prince? I understand if not, just asking @Benny @Creasy47 @DarthDimi and other mods.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited April 2016 Posts: 14,875
    Whilst meaning no disrespect to any who have sadly passed, there are times when a separate thread is certainly a fitting way to pay our respects and honour those who have passed.
    With a star like Prince who brought joy to so many, I can see no problem with having a thread to honour him.
    Go ahead @BondJasonBond006
    @Benny

Really appreciate it, thank you :)
    I am truly shocked that in the last 24 hrs we have sadly lost Percy Sledge, Prince, Victoria Wood and Guy Hamilton. Love and prayers to the loved ones and friends.

This year is an awful one to try an understand and we are only in April.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Terrible news, one of my favourite artists of all time, just still taking it in, I couldn't give a damn about the Queen's Birthday this is real news of the day.

What with Bowie and now Prince this is just not a good year for musicians, Mr Reaper time you give it a rest.
    Really don't know if to watch Goldfinger or Purple Rain tonight.

Did this really all happen within 24 hours? And Victoria Wood too??

One of her many priceless quotes:
    "I once went to one of those parties where everyone throws their car keys into the middle of the room ... I don't know who got my moped, but I drove that Peugeot for years."
    R.I.P. Chyna she has had a troubled time of late, funny been watching WWF attitude era recently upto 1997 when Chyna was prominent. It really is shocking when you look at how many wrestlers die young for a multitude of causes.
    D-Generation X was probably my favourite era of WWE/WWF, along with NWO at WCW. (loved both their intro tunes). Chyna opened a lot of doors for female wrestlers, and was a consummate professional in the business. R.I.P. & thanks for the memories.
    bondjames wrote: »
    D-Generation X was probably my favourite era of WWE/WWF, along with NWO at WCW. (loved both their intro tunes). Chyna opened a lot of doors for female wrestlers, and was a consummate professional in the business. R.I.P. & thanks for the memories.

Recently subscribed to the WWE network, there is all access to WCW, and everything WWE ever did, Monday night wars was the peak of wrestling entertainment. Was young at the time and got into alot of the story arcs, invasions etc. It was chaotic before it went PG and was alot of fun. Chyna was certainly taken more seriously in the industry initially and agree opened the doors for female wrestlers, not just seen as eye candy.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Percy Sledge too? I didn't even know that.
    Think Percy died a year ago.
    Yes, on april 14th 2015, to be precise.