Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP Frank Jr, RIP Paul Daniels.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sad to hear of the death of Paul Daniels who greatly popularised magic during his long career.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Sad to learn of the passing of Paul Daniels. Growing up in the late 70's and 80's in the UK, The Paul Daniels Magic Show was a show that many enjoyed. A playful sense of humour, catchphrases and stunning magic. A top entertainer. RIP.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    What is it with 2016?? RIP the excellent Larry Drake, loved him in Darkman and LA Law.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2899602/larry-drake-dead-at-66-hollywood-mourns-loss-of-la-law-favorite-benny-stulwicz/
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/former-toronto-mayor-rob-ford-dies-at-46/article29327087/
    Former mayor of Toronto, Rob Ford, has died after battling cancer.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Cancer is taking hold of so many this year, how very sad.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Fuck you, cancer! Fuck you!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited March 2016 Posts: 9,117
    A true icon.

How many people actually did something with a ball that no one had ever thought of before so that the move was actually named after them?

Sadly never really saw him play but my enduring memory of him is when he was a pundit on the beeb for Euro 2000. Normally I thought Hansen knew his shit but Johann made him look like Christian Gross. His analysis was on another level. Just mesmerising.

And you can say that all of Barcas success in the last 15 years is due to blueprints he laid down.

Legend.

I'd be interested to know how much the government puts into fighting cancer compared to bombing IS.

One kills thousands one kills a hundred or so but fuck them both. It's about time we put them both out of business.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 1,661
    RIP the excellent Larry Drake, loved him in Darkman and LA Law.

Larry Drake could have been a great Bond villain! He made Darkman so memorable.
    Garry Shandling today- quite unexpected
    Johan Cruyff is indeed a terrible loss, maybe the greatest footballing pioner ever. Not only did he mesmerize with his ability both as a player and coach, but he even revolutionized the way we understand and play the game. He is the most pivotal pioner of Total Football and its modern interpretation Tiki-taka, and he demonstrated more than anyone that technical team play with quick minds always trumps physique. He always advocated beautiful football and valued entertainment as much as results. But even in addition to that he made an enormous contribution to let disabled children enjoy football and let them express themselves through sports.

Here's to you, Johan! Rest in peace and thank you so much for everything you gave both in football and life in general! ^:)^
    RIP Johan Cruyff. A true footballing magician with the ball. ^:)^
    RIP Garry Shandling......
    Johan Cruyff, I saw him play with Ajax Amsterdam once in real life when I was young and I remembered that even the players opposite were in awe. It was only a training match but it is match well remembered.

He will be missed.
  • RC7RC7
    Cruyff. One of a kind. Very, very sad.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2016 Posts: 4,441
    We wil forgive his

cruijfffeyenoord.jpg

sins....

Why ?

Because it is Johan Cruyff

RIP..

24 Maart 2016, 020 Amsterdam ;)
    RIP Johan Cruyff, a true legend of the game.

And sadly RIP to Garry Shandling. I wouldn't say I was a big fan, but I liked his stuff. RIP
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP Gary Shandling.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited March 2016 Posts: 9,020
    Just seen this news. I'm destroyed. This can't be happening.

66 is not an age to die. RIP Garry Shandling.

I followed The Larry Sanders Show religiously. And his other stuff was as well great.

Time to start another Larry Sanders Show and Garry Shandling Show Marathon. Luckily both released on DVD some years ago. But it will not be the same anymore. I'm totally down now.

Watching this makes me feel a bit better: Garry Shandling shaped my humour quite a bit.
    I'm eternally thankful to him.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4AdHpQW-pEs"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    R.I.P. Gary Shandling Hail Hydra!
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Gary Shandling was a verry funny Guy who sadly never found the audience that he deserved in this country UK however one person that knows about Shandlings talent is a man that I can never bring myself to watch or indeed like but Ive seen the tribuite that he paid by way of the opening monologue in his show that man is Conan O Brian and for what my opinion is worth in this matter it's a verry fitting tribuite it's on YouTube and I recommend it RIP Gary and thanks.
    Three deaths to announce today. First, in France, we have historian Alain Decaux, the man who made history popular for a lot of TV viewers (I loved "Alain Decaux Raconte" and spent many afternoons watching it).

jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-351399-l-historien-academicien-et-homme-de-television-alain-decaux-est-mort-a-l-age-de-90-ans-video.html

Then, on the same site, I learned of the death of writer Jim Harrison, author of "Legends of the Fall".

And last, but not least, I heard about the demise of Adrienne Corri, famous for her small, but (sadly) memorable part in "A Clockwork Orange" :

doctorwhonews.net/2016/03/adrienne-corri-1930-2016.html
  • GBFGBF
    Today the famous German Jazz singer Roger Cicero has passed away at the age of 45.

He became more famous to European people outside of Germany by representing Germany at Eurovision 2007 with the jazzy “Frauern regier’n die Welt”. He died of a stroke last Thursday.

His death follows a long battle with acute fatigue syndrome and suspected myocarditis, a troublesome heart condition, which led the singer to cancel a series of concerts last November. He had planned to resume the sold-out tour in April.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Just heard this news too :(

Being of a younger generation I confess to first hearing of RC on a show he did called Small Talk in the late 90s that featured adult contestants asking a set group of small children certain questions.

I discovered The Two Ronnies a bit later and they became a favourite of mine.

For Bond fans he was of course significant for his small part in CR1967 as a robot servant.

Another sad day today for British entertainment
    RIP Ronnie Corbett, one of the true greats of the British entertainment industry.

And up until fairly recently, he reimagined the sketch for a new generation.

Sad loss. RIP

• edited March 2016 Posts: 1,661
    I used to enjoy Sorry! the tv show he made in the 1980s. Great comic actor. Sad to hear of his passing. Many big name stars of the 1980s have gone in the last few months. :(