Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• @WillyGalore The Wild Geese was very good too, a sort of an old-school version of the old-school action movie The Expendables, if that makes sense :P

I always loved Jack Watson at the RSM in that film. :-bd
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Goodnight, folks. Off to rest in peace myself. See you tomorrow I guess.
    "To name just some of them:

Peter O'Toole
    Roger Lloyd-Pack
    Bob Hoskins
    HR Geiger
    Phillip Seymour Hoffman
    Shirley Temple
    Harold Ramis
    James Garner
    Robin Williams
    Lauren Bacall
    Richard Attenborough"

Also :

Bob "commish Gordon" Hastings
    Hans Engstrom (the eccentric Uno in the classic Swedish show , Rederiet.....the bottle/depression did him in , RIP)

Also wrestling icon Ultimate Warrior (for a while I was worried Jake the Snake would end up here but he seems to be recovering from his collapse , double neumonia)
  • It's just been announced that Joan Rivers has died at the age of 81. RIP.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    A great wit Joan Rivers had. 81 is a good innings. RIP.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oh dear. Is it confirmed? That is so very sad! I was hoping she would recover. People can be in comas for a long time and come out of the coma. It was not a major operation she had ... but she was 81 and I guess she just couldn't pull through. I am really touched by this news. I grew up with her humor. And, like her or not, she certainly left her mark in the entertainment/comedy business and worked hard all her life. I enjoyed her humor for the most part. I sure wish that she could have come out of this coma and recover. Her daughter, and all of her family, must be reeling from this. My deepest condolences to all of them.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited September 2014 Posts: 17,816
    Belatedly very sad to hear of the death of Gottfried John. He was perfect as General Ourumov in GoldenEye. Condolences to his family, friends and fans the world over. My favourite line of his as Ourumov:

"Use the bumper, that's what it's for!"

It summed up the brutality and lack of scruples of Ourumov brilliantly. Gottfried John made Ourumov one of the most three dimensional of Bond villains.
    And yes, RIP to Gottfried John. He was wonderful as Gen. Ourumov, so memorable. And I understand he had done excellent other work and was very respected. Condolences to all of his family and friends, too.
    RIP Joan Rivers! A very alternative comedian for for USA.
    Sometimes there's no hope when it comes to comas , like with Natasha Richardsons case.
    RIP Joan Rivers her wicked sense of humour shall be missed.
  • Bww0Bw1CIAADWrN.png
    Heaven just got a lot funnier
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'll always remember Joan Rivers best as the voice of Dot Matrix on Spaceballs. RIP
    Thanks for that great photo, @valentinzukovsky!
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    I don't want to spread a false rumor, please don't take this as confirmation. I follow Richard Kiel's facebook page, which I think is operated by a family member. Saw this post a few minutes ago:

https://www.facebook.com/156844158155/photos/a.10150994193378156.469509.156844158155/10152743208958156/?type=1
  • Well that doesn't look good. Hope he's ok
    Yes, I hope all is well with Richard Kiel but that post does not look good.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    TMZ has reported the death of Richard Kiel.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/10/richard-kiel-james-bond-jaws-dies-at-74/

I was fortunate enough to have met both Mr. Kiel and his wife Diane last year and they were tremendously nice. Thoughts go out to Diane and the rest of his family and anyone who knew this great man.
    Oh, that's very sad news. I thought that post wouldn't have been put up for nothing. Condolences to his friends, family and fans.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited September 2014 Posts: 17,691
    Here's to YOU. =D>
    RIP Richard.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 112
    RIP Richard Kiel :((
    Oh, he was wonderful! An actor who will be remembered, an iconic part of Bond history, and by all accounts a loving family man and a very nice person.
    RIP, dear unique and kind Richard Kiel.
    Oh, he was wonderful! An actor who will be remembered, an iconic part of Bond history, and by all accounts a loving family man and a very nice person.
    RIP, dear unique and kind Richard Kiel.

A born-again Christian too.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Rest in peace Richard. You played many iconic characters and will remembered for them. :(
  • R.I.P. to one of the greatest henchmen in history, and apparently a great guy.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Wow, what a loss. Two great Bond villains have passed in a week's time. I never met Richard, but my Dad worked with someone who worked part time at a hotel. My Dad told me his colleague was working one evening and Richard came in. He could tell he was having a hard time using his walker, so he took a look at it and tried to help him. Unfortunately, there was nothing he could do, but my Dad's colleague was a fan, so Richard talked with him, took some pictures, gave out some autographs, and even paid him for taking a look at the walker. I've read so many stories over the years of how absolutely kind and generous he was, and how happy he was to talk with his fans. May you rest in peace, Richard, you loving, tender, and talented giant.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited September 2014 Posts: 2,629
    ^:)^

Thank you Richard for giving us the memorable and iconic role of Jaws. From other accounts on meeting him, he seemed like a genuinely good person.

RIP Richard.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    So glad I had the pleasure of meeting Richard back in July at Supanova.
    He was such a nice man. Very pleasant, happy to answer questions he'd doubtless been asked thousands of times. A genuine Bond legend. RIP
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Kerim wrote: »
    ^:)^

Thank you Richard for giving us the memorable and iconic role of Jaws. From other accounts on meeting him, he seemed like a genuinely good person.
    I was an extra in a beer commercial & got to talking with another who had worked on So Fine with Kiel & said he was the most friendly & charming person on the set.