Happy Birthday, celebrate all those birthday wishes.

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Britney Spears is 36

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Britney Spears is 36

Go Britney!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I'd eat birthday cake with Britney. But don't eat the candles - they're toxic!
    edited December 2017 Posts: 17,808
    QBranch wrote: »
    I'd eat birthday cake with Britney. But don't eat the candles - they're toxic!

Touche. I was trying to think of something funny to say mtself.
    A touch of humour?
    QBranch wrote: »
    A touch of humour?

No, my so-called smartphone strikes again!
    Don't blame the phone, it's the user! You don't proofread your comments before posting?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This fits my theory of the double-edged malice of technology. Not only does texting encourage the usage of imbecilic acronyms and watered down language in the user that creates lowered literacy and poor syntax, the phones compensate for having any literate users by using its spell check to screw with them and their finely crafted and grammatical sentences when all else fails. Any entity or object that continues to diminish the intellect of the dim while simultaneously attempting to sabotage the language of the well spoken must be stopped.

You all know I'm right.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 17,808
    This fits my theory of the double-edged malice of technology. Not only does texting encourage the usage of imbecilic acronyms and watered down language in the user that creates lowered literacy and poor syntax, the phones compensate for having any literate users by using its spell check to screw with them and their finely crafted and grammatical sentences when all else fails. Any entity or object that continues to diminish the intellect of the dim while simultaneously attempting to sabotage the language of the well spoken must be stopped.

You all know I'm right.

I concur and I much prefer typing posts on my PC of course but I had just finished worked and wanted to post so the smartphone was the easiest way of doing so. I had to go back and edit that post later, as bad writing bugs me so.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dragonpol wrote: »

You all know I'm right.

I concur and I must prefer typing posts on my PC of course but I had just finished worked and wanted to post so the smartphone was the easiest way of doing so. I had to go back bad edit that post later, as bad writing bugs me so.

I'm with you, @Dragonpol. I cringe at typos and give lashings to myself for any of mine that I see.
    Ozzy Osbourne is 69

You all know I'm right.

I concur and I must prefer typing posts on my PC of course but I had just finished worked and wanted to post so the smartphone was the easiest way of doing so. I had to go back bad edit that post later, as bad writing bugs me so.

I'm with you, @Dragonpol. I cringe at typos and give lashings to myself for any of mine that I see.

Ironically I made a few typos in that post, but I've fixed them now. I'm an awful typist I'm afraid and never learned how to do it properly. I just learned my own style of typing instead!

At least on MI6 we can still edit a post years later. On some forums you can only edit posts for a short window of time afterwards and that is very frustrating!
    edited December 2017 Posts: 13,936

You all know I'm right.
    I concur and I much prefer typing posts on my PC of course but I had just finished worked and wanted to post so the smartphone was the easiest way of doing so. I had to go back and edit that post later, as bad writing bugs me so.
    @Dragonpol I wasn't trying to sound pedantic here. I just assumed that someone who's quite into literature and runs a blog would put a bit of care into their comments. My mistake. ;)

I also find it quite baffling how one can't wait until they get home to jump on the forum.
    I mean, is MI6Community really that important?

MOD EDIT: That's it, chum! You're out of it!

Whoops!
    edited December 2017 Posts: 28,694
    @QBranch, you'll be missed. And you had just got back.

MOD EDIT: Don't make us take you with him. Can it!
    (deleted)

MOD EDIT:

banned_large.png
    Fascism suffocates this forum.

No, it is what saves it.

No, it is what saves it.

It's why I joined.
    Little Richard is 85
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Whooooooooooh!
    Henryk Gorecki is 84
  • Wonderful composer. I suppose no one ever wants to hear this said of themselves, but I honestly didn't know he was still alive.
    One of the 20th century greats.
    Finland, 100 years of Independence.

<3
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Happy birthday to Colin Salmon.
    SharkBait wrote: »
    Finland, 100 years of Independence.

<3

Happy anniversary!
    Time waits for no man.
    Tom Waits is 68.
    One of my favorites.

One of the songs that has given me a lot of comfort and catharsis in recent years:
    Sinead O Connor is 51
    My arse is 48 on 20th January.