The Bond Fragrance

edited August 2012 in Merchandise Posts: 298
I had a look for this thread but I couldn't see it. I'd imagine most of you are aware, or have seen the teaser on T.V, but a new Bond fragrance has just been released. For the time being it's exclusive to Harrods, but then after that it will be released everywhere. http://www.007.com/james-bond-fragrance/

Has anyone bought or tried it? What's it like?
(Not sure what category to put this in so I'll say news, but if someone would change it to the appropriate category that would be great.)

- James

Comments

Might buy it but would like it a bit cheaper than £42 +pp from harrods website, so I'll wait a while
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    This strikes me as a flawed product.

The point about aspiring to the Bond lifestyle is that you would only consider brands that Bond would buy himself - Rolex, Aston Martin, Bollinger - and not things that the marketing people pay for him to use - Ford, Coke, Heineken.

Any bloke who splashed on the 007 fragrance then got in his Ford Focus and headed to a pub to order a pint of Heinken strikes me as laughable if he thinks that is living the Bond lifestyle.

Unless I'm mistaken and this fragrance is by Armani or someone then this has all the class of wearing perfume by Jade Goody or the Beckhams.

Who is it aimed at exactly? I can only think teenage boys but are they going to pay that money?
    I may buy this..... :\">
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I only wear bleu de Chanel but I'll give this a go as a one off. It's better than spending thousands on a gimmicky 007 inscribed omega watch. Besides, 40 odd pounds is chump change anyway.
  • I live the Bond lifestyle by drinking some of the drinks Bond has (though not in the same quantity ;) )
  • I'll buy it when it's on the high street just to see what all the fuss is about. The price is not a problem, most are about that cost or more anyways.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited August 2012 Posts: 2,044
    I saw it in a shop and i had to test it, and damn it smelled really good!

I'm going to buy it in the end of the month, but not just because it's a Bondperfume but because it really did smell great!

The price was 30 euro for the small one and 50 for the large one.

2012-08-31+-+1

2012-08-31+-+2
    There's a fragrance shop in East London where I but my fragrances from and the guy said he'll get loads in on September 9th. The biggest surprise however, was that he said he'd be selling the 120ml for £40!!!! 120ml!!! I'll be buying 2 up front!
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 12,837
    This strikes me as a flawed product.

The point about aspiring to the Bond lifestyle is that you would only consider brands that Bond would buy himself - Rolex, Aston Martin, Bollinger - and not things that the marketing people pay for him to use - Ford, Coke, Heineken.

Any bloke who splashed on the 007 fragrance then got in his Ford Focus and headed to a pub to order a pint of Heinken strikes me as laughable if he thinks that is living the Bond lifestyle.

Unless I'm mistaken and this fragrance is by Armani or someone then this has all the class of wearing perfume by Jade Goody or the Beckhams.

Who is it aimed at exactly? I can only think teenage boys but are they going to pay that money?

Brilliant post.

Even if it smells nice I don't think I'll buy it. Wearing a Bond fragrance just seems a bit naff really.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I understand the points made from you gentlemen. But I think, at least sniff it out for yourself. If it really smells good, then why not have some fun and get it? Fragrance does smell a bit different on each individual (that lovely personal chemistry). As a woman, I'd love to discover what this one smells like. I'll keep a look out for it myself; surely somewhere here in a major department store (Japan) I could find it.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I found it today in a shop and I tried it. First of all I have to say I'm a snob when it comes to parfumes, I think it is a case of "you get what you pay for". I am even a snob with expensive perfumes, I could name a few that smell (and make people smell) cheap, I don't know anybody with a more sensitive nose than mine. Considering this I wasn't expecting much from this fragrance. P&G? Middle-low range price tag? Still, I tried it because I was curious to know what it smelled like. So it was much to my surprise that I loved it!!! It smells wonderful, undoubtedly a masculine smell, classical (even slightly old-fashined) and modern, fresh but exotic. Recommended by this girl ;)
    Cool! Now I've got to find it. Could be a nice gift for some gentlemen friends ...
  • Where in the UK stocks it? I want to give it a go.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited September 2012 Posts: 3,277
    edit.
    Harrods have exclusivity at least in London anyway before it hits retailers between the 9th and 19th of September.
  • Cheers, I'll wait for the general release. By all accounts Harrods have now sold out!
    Lol well that's a good thing then.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited September 2012 Posts: 858
    7954791154_531cc99ce0_b.jpg

7954790986_44f241c46d_b.jpg

7954790844_38990351ed_b.jpg

It's 3 different "sizes" of eau de toilette, a deodorant, aftershave and shower gel. prices vary from 9,99 for the deodorant to 38,- for the eau de toilette. And yes, I can have the promo boxes once they are finished with it :D
    You can keep the promo boxes? Lucky you :) I can't even find the small papers used for trying the fragrance with the 007 logo in them. I saw them online in photos but haven't seen them in any shops :(
    Managed to get this in a local department store [img][/img]Fragrance.jpg

It says "The most dangerous and most elegant fragrance in the world" and "The new fragrance for men". Is my translation right @Germanlady?

Still searching for the little 007 logo papers.
  • I just picked up the deodorant and the eau de toilette! They smell great IMO! (also got a small tube of the shower gel for free!)
    Not seen any of this yet? Got a day off work tomorrow so will take a trip into town and investigate? B-)
  • oo7oo7
    this topic stinks :>
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,896
    Your comment doesn't even make scents.
  • You Only Smell Twice, Mr. Bond!
    The Smell Is Not Enough.

But a fresh, sexy cologne subtly worn by a gentleman is nice indeed. :)
    Smell and let spray
  • oo7oo7
    ordure, what a mistake I have made
This discussion has been closed.