The Bond Fragrance

Comments

Bentley wrote:
    Dear largo2,
    You will be seconded with LotusEsprit to infiltrate the CHAVS.
    Count Lippe had a small discreet tong mark on his wrist. You will recognise female CHAVS by their body tattoos bearing the names of past lovers (defecto this means their whole bodies are covered). You will fitt in fine with your fragrance.
    God help us!
    Bentley

Well I have been working undercover for some years in the chav community. The work I do helps chavs turn into polite young people. I have even had some frmale chavs lift up their shirts to show me their tats in the past

X_X

Dear Largo2,
    As with SPECTRE, the only good CHAV is a dead one and that's why you have the 00 prefix.
    The only reason for this fragrance launch is to allow agents to blend seamlessly into the CHAV community and save the world from style armageddon.
    In the real world, 007 would no more wear this bilge than dress in a pink shell suit with a "Jim Will Fix It" badge stapled on it!!
    Can somebody please save our hero from this commercial abuse?
    Regards,
    Bentley
    Dear Largo2,
    As with SPECTRE, the only good CHAV is a dead one and that's why you have the 00 prefix.
    The only reason for this fragrance launch is to allow agents to blend seamlessly into the CHAV community and save the world from style armageddon.
    In the real world, 007 would no more wear this bilge than dress in a pink shell suit with a "Jim Will Fix It" badge stapled on it!!
    Regards,
    Bentley
    Bentley wrote:
    Dear Largo2,
    Regards,
    Bentley

chill Bentley and have a heineken

My wife told me that my family did inform my interest in the 007 fragrance and she knew my opinion quite clearly which is that this smelly water does not stand up to my favorite brand Chanel and it would be a waste of money.

ANd they would no longer be welcome in my house for buying me sh&te. O:-)

chill Bentley and have a heineken

[/quote]

Fellow Agents,
    This is the problem with today's would be agents.
    I would no more "chill" than listen to "The Beatles without ear muffs" (name that Fleming book).
    As for Heineken at the Slugg & Lettice - I would rather die with my leg up!
    Martinis at Blades forever and may that P&G muck not polute our rivers.
    Regards,
    Bentley
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    This thread has become a silly childish game, sadly.
  • Sandy wrote:

Indeed, let's bring it back on track. I've bought the new fragrance and it is most certainly a fine addition to my ample fragrance collection. So what if it's James Bond 007 branded? That's half the fun being a Bond fan.
    Sandy wrote:

Indeed, let's bring it back on track. I've bought the new fragrance and it is most certainly a fine addition to my ample fragrance collection. So what if it's James Bond 007 branded? That's half the fun being a Bond fan.

Fellow Agents,
    This is more worrying than M or I initially thought.
    It's clear that the "Skyfall" cyber attack has spread and we have been infiltrated by 'CHAVS' who want to spray us with their latest juice.
    Resist but for those that are interested, DC only sports 'Habit Rouge' by Guerlain.
    Now thats a fragrance Bond would wear!
    Regards,
    Bentley
    Fellow Agents,
    I'm back from my "Skyfall" viewing (fabulous film) and have to report that the CHAVS infiltrated the cinema and advertised their P&G poison in advance of the screening.
    That said, I'm pleased to say they failed to impress. DC was no were to be seen and they had a "fake" Bond that clearly wouldn't fool anybody.
    Stay away - that's the clear message from both the old and the new M.
    Regards,
    Bentley
  • Bentley my friend, you aren't wrong. This bilge would go down well with the false tan brigade in "TOWIE".
    No Bond afficianado worth his salt would be seen wearing it stiff!
    Thankfully it looks like it's dead in the water and is yet another example of a ludicrously indiscreet licensing deal!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited December 2012 Posts: 12,459
    Anyway, I have heard enough good things about it to want to BUY some and I still haven't found it here. I need to look harder.

And yes, plenty of true Bond afficianados will be wearing this fragrance. If it is a good fragrance for men, that is what matters.
  • Anyway, I have heard enough good things about it to want to BUY some and I still haven't found it here. I need to look harder.

And yes, plenty of true Bond afficianados will be wearing this fragrance. If it is a good fragrance for men, that is what matters.

Buy this my son and you'll be 4EverBonded to the Chav brigade. Not something any self respecting Bondonian would ever endorse - but maybe you work for P&G?

• MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    577815_433927780015357_614370892_n.jpg

Available april 1st. I'm gonna see if they bring out more of the cardboard displays :D
    I hope it will be widely available.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    After the original being such a success, I'm glad to see EON and co. capitalising on it by expanding the range. Good call, I'm be certain to try this out.
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    After the original being such a success, I'm glad to see EON and co. capitalising on it by expanding the range. Good call, I'm be certain to try this out.

I just walked into my local Douglas to see if they had any more of the original, imagine my surprise to find an entirely new range! I took a sample home, and it's another wonderful fragrance! I know what I'll be wearing this summer :)
  • I see they've brought out a new range. I will try an obtain a free sample to see if it'll be worth a try. I requested a free sample of the original fragrance and a sample did finally turn up some three months later. Now that's great customer service in marketing your product!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I've still got many free samples of the original I use. Lovely fragrance.
  • Villiers53 wrote:
    Bentley my friend, you aren't wrong. This bilge would go down well with the false tan brigade in "TOWIE".
    Thankfully it looks like it's dead in the water and is yet another example of a ludicrously indiscreet licensing deal!

Dead in the water? Funny that considering they've now brought out another new range to compliment the successful original.. It maybe seen as a gimmic or shameless move tie-in merchanding but the fragrance is genuinely very good and the bottle is subtle.
    Villiers53 wrote:
    Bentley my friend, you aren't wrong. This bilge would go down well with the false tan brigade in "TOWIE".

Dead in the water? Funny that considering they've now brought out another new range to compliment the successful original.. It maybe seen as a gimmic or shameless move tie-in merchanding but the fragrance is genuinely very good and the bottle is subtle.

P&G (the consumer world's equivalent of Spectre) doubtless have a 5 year marketing plan to exploit chavs who would like to masquerade as our hero. I think the great Bentley has this one nailed, only a bofoon who has had a complete style by pass would dable with this stuff.
    These indiscreet and tacky licensing deals do nothing to enhance the status of 007.
    If you've been exploited - pour it down the drain. James wouldn't be seen stiff wearing this bilge.
    Pinaud Elixir shampoo was the only fragranced product used by Fleming's Bond and we should all stick with it. Just in the same way that we should always sport a Rolex and not that tacky thing that keeps appearing in jewler's windows!
    Fleming forever - Bond forever - style forever - cheap merchandising deals, never!

• Villiers53 wrote:
    Villiers53 wrote:

P&G (the consumer world's equivalent of Spectre) doubtless have a 5 year marketing plan to exploit chavs who would like to masquerade as our hero. I think the great Bentley has this one nailed, only a bofoon who has had a complete style by pass would dable with this stuff.
    These indiscreet and tacky licensing deals do nothing to enhance the status of 007.
    If you've been exploited - pour it down the drain. James wouldn't be seen stiff wearing this bilge.
    Pinaud Elixir shampoo was the only fragranced product used by Fleming's Bond and we should all stick with it. Just in the same way that we should always sport a Rolex and not that tacky thing that keeps appearing in jewler's windows!
    Fleming forever - Bond forever - style forever - cheap merchandising deals, never!

The term up one's own backside seems to apply here.
    Villiers53 wrote:
    Villiers53 wrote:

@myworldisenough, this is a technique reserved for those who wear this stuff albeit the feminine odour could prompt another to do it for you!

• Villiers53 wrote:
    Villiers53 wrote:
    Villiers53 wrote:

@myworldisenough, this is a technique reserved for those who wear this stuff albeit the feminine odour could prompt another to do it for you!

I guess you would be more accustomed to such matters.
    @myworldisenough it was you that denigrated the debate, now you must bite that pillow swathed no doubt in P&G's mist. Fleming would turn in his grave!
  • Villiers53 wrote:
    @myworldisenough it was you that denigrated the debate, now you must bite that pillow swathed no doubt in P&G's mist. Fleming would turn in his grave!

What debate? You seem more interested in being derogatory and labelling anyone to show interest in the fragrance as a Chav. I guess that makes you a snob with a silent s.
    Bought the most recent Bond fragrance @ Kohl's in the States. Don't believe it was available in alot of retail here. Will buy the new one in April.

Find it humorous that people take up the ghost of Ian Fleming and project their misguided opinions on his views, etc.. He certainly enjoyed the success of his mass marketed books.
  • FLeiter wrote:
    Bought the most recent Bond fragrance @ Kohl's in the States. Don't believe it was available in alot of retail here. Will buy the new one in April.

Find it humorous that people take up the ghost of Ian Fleming and project their misguided opinions on his views, etc.. He certainly enjoyed the success of his mass marketed books.

I know. The ghost of Fleming must be feeling a lot of motion sickness with the amount of spinning around he supposably does. I think he never set out for his character to be so universally popular, with all these films and collectable merchandise but his character has not only outlived him but evolved into something much more than could ever had been anticipated. I love and respect the origins of Bond and love the Fleming books but can appreciate all things Bond without getting all precious. theres no need for the snobbery. It's fifty years on, there's more to Bond than just Fleming and his books.
This discussion has been closed.