DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2021 Posts: 14,962
    Thing is I've seen Justice League once and it left so little impact on me that I couldn't tell you whether all these various CG scenes in semi-darkness were in it or not! :)
    Was that guy in the post above in it?
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Can you at least post the video from the official HBO youtube channel rather than using an account that just steals content for clicks? I hate it when channels like JoBlo.com does this kind crap for views.

You are joking right, look through all the links on this site should keep you busy for a few years, have fun.

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns ???
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2021 Posts: 23,376
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Can you at least post the video from the official HBO youtube channel rather than using an account that just steals content for clicks? I hate it when channels like JoBlo.com does this kind crap for views.

You are joking right, look through all the links on this site should keep you busy for a few years, have fun.

I think they're saying most trailers uploaded here are from channels like Joblo.

I think they're saying most trailers uploaded here are from channels like Joblo.

They’re leechers just trying to grow their subscriptions by stealing other channel’s videos.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    So, anyway...

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    How do folks feel about that? Leaves me completely cold as it's just lots of quick shots of pixels, but are the fans getting excited by it?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2021 Posts: 23,376
    I like those sonic boom Superman screams, nice touch.

Can't wait for this.

I am always glass half full, I was very disappointed that Zach never got to finish his Trilogy. I never thought we would be at this point in that Zach would get the opportunity to try to complete it.

Of course this will never get close to his original vision (originally there were to be 2 parts to JL) because of what has transpired though I am happy to see something close to that vision.

Is the film going to be messy in parts and appear unfinished akin to the Superman 2 Donner Cut? of course it is, though I will enjoy what I can watch, I am a huge fan of MoS and BvS.
    It's exactly as expected, to be honest. People who weren't all that bothered by the idea of the Snyder Cut likely still won't be. There's nothing that would convert you in that trailer; it's just more of the same. However, the flipside is also true - the people who were already onboard are very much on board now.

I'll watch it out of curiosity (as I said before, I'm mainly just happy to see more Batfleck and to hear the score), but I doubt I'll be able to get through it in one sitting.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It's exactly as expected, to be honest. People who weren't all that bothered by the idea of the Snyder Cut likely still won't be. There's nothing that would convert you in that trailer; it's just more of the same. However, the flipside is also true - the people who were already onboard are very much on board now.

That's good. It doesn't appeal to me at all but life would be boring if we all liked the same things! :)
    I started laughing five seconds in with that weird elongated shot of Supes screaming. The cranked up level of self-seriousness is just so absurd I can’t help it. And that they have Leto literally saying “we live in a society”. If I didn’t know any better, I would have thought this was a parody of grim dark superhero films.

It’s probably a good thing this will not be released in theaters because I’d be howling like Max Cady in this clip:

• edited February 2021 Posts: 440
    Sorry, but I'm sticking to my guns that the CGI in Snyder's DC movies is just not very good.
    E5weCba.jpg
    Art is subjective.
    The seeming overabundance of digital effects wouldn't be much of an issue if the story was at least strong enough... I can't say I'm confident that Snyder could pull it off. And ultimately, it'll always feel like DC rushed to this instead of properly building up. Marvel at least took their time before jumping onto THE AVENGERS. It's kind of criminal that Superman didn't even get to have a proper standalone sequel.
    The seeming overabundance of digital effects wouldn't be much of an issue if the story was at least strong enough... I can't say I'm confident that Snyder could pull it off. And ultimately, it'll always feel like DC rushed to this instead of properly building up. Marvel at least took their time before jumping onto THE AVENGERS. It's kind of criminal that Superman didn't even get to have a proper standalone sequel.

I genuinely like Man of Steel so it's been sad to see BvS and JL doubling down on its worst aspects and removing a lot of its best qualities.

If more of Snyder's DC movies had basically been extended character studies like the majority of MOS, I would have been extremely happy; I liked a lot of the early Ben Affleck stuff in BvS for that reason.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    It’s glorious.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria

I'll watch it out of curiosity (as I said before, I'm mainly just happy to see more Batfleck and to hear the score), but I doubt I'll be able to get through it in one sitting.

Yeah. This latest trailer pretty much sums up what some of us have been thinking about the film. Except the film's narrative surprises us by being intricate in a good way(which I doubt at this point)....I'm also on board for it because of Batfleck and Junkie XL's score.
    edited February 2021 Posts: 4,343
    148844970_1117372782031573_5416423979890383184_n.gif?_nc_cat=111&fallback=1&ccb=3&_nc_sid=041f46&_nc_ohc=CbUsdHpuwdQAX9ambiM&_nc_ht=cdn.fbsbx.com&oh=fbcd863a4b87e677083b420a226af788&oe=602BC83D

He never looked better. Full circle with the first flight in MoS.

I also love how seamless is this with BvS. Those waves can be seen in BvS as well, and Supes' dying scream is what revives the Motherboxes, "ringing the bell".
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    matt_u wrote: »
    148844970_1117372782031573_5416423979890383184_n.gif?_nc_cat=111&fallback=1&ccb=3&_nc_sid=041f46&_nc_ohc=CbUsdHpuwdQAX9ambiM&_nc_ht=cdn.fbsbx.com&oh=fbcd863a4b87e677083b420a226af788&oe=602BC83D

He never looked better. Full circle with the first flight in MoS.

I also love how seamless is this with BvS. Those waves can be seen in BvS as well, and Supes' dying scream is what revives the Motherboxes, "ringing the bell".

I agree with you, @matt_u!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    DC’s lack of patience in getting to a Justice League is similar to EON’s rushing the unveiling of Blofeld; both would have benefited from a bit more buildup. In the case of DC, more stand alone films to establish characters.

I genuinely like Man of Steel so it's been sad to see BvS and JL doubling down on its worst aspects and removing a lot of its best qualities.

If more of Snyder's DC movies had basically been extended character studies like the majority of MOS, I would have been extremely happy; I liked a lot of the early Ben Affleck stuff in BvS for that reason.

It's a shame they didn't give him a standalone film beforehand, covering a Death in the Family-style story. Would have afforded them the time to contextualise a lot of his irrational, violent behaviour in BvS and been a great story in its own right. Is he a coward for not taking the ultimate steps and ending the threats so they don't have the chance to return? Etc.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

It's a shame they didn't give him a standalone film beforehand, covering a Death in the Family-style story. Would have afforded them the time to contextualise a lot of his irrational, violent behaviour in BvS and been a great story in its own right. Is he a coward for not taking the ultimate steps and ending the threats so they don't have the chance to return? Etc.

I guess the thing is it would have been coming in after the Nolan movies and might've just felt like a lesser sequel (and to be honest the Pattinson film still has a whiff of that). Having him in a BvS movie was at least something different.
    So the Snyder Cut trailer has become the second most viewed Warner Bros trailer ever in the first 24 hours with 24.9M across all official accounts on social media, beating The Batman’s 22M and Dune’s 20.8M, only behind Godzilla vs Kong’s 25.6M.

The crazy thing is that all the official WB accounts throughout the web haven't even posted the trailer (only WB UK). Even more ridiculous is the fact that WB posted a new Godzilla vs Kong trailer three hours after the SC one.

Anyway, here's the first bombastic track of the score.

mtm wrote: »

I guess the thing is it would have been coming in after the Nolan movies and might've just felt like a lesser sequel (and to be honest the Pattinson film still has a whiff of that). Having him in a BvS movie was at least something different.

Likely something they took into consideration, for sure. Pity that they went couldn't find a way to do something different while still providing some context for the characterisation, as Affleck really knocked it out of the park in BvS as far as I'm concerned, and I was very wary of him beforehand as I was a big fan of Bale.

That's good fun. I look forward to hearing more. Elfman's stuff didn't impress me.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    mtm wrote: »

Likely something they took into consideration, for sure. Pity that they went couldn't find a way to do something different while still providing some context for the characterisation, as Affleck really knocked it out of the park in BvS as far as I'm concerned, and I was very wary of him beforehand as I was a big fan of Bale.

Yes it's difficult. I liked him too, having a new screen Batman who was an older, well-established Batman was quite refreshing.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Exactly what I expect from a Junkie XL score. I'm also hoping to hear that metallic Batman theme he created for Batfleck in BvS in other tracks from this score, maybe new variations of it as well. Thanks for posting this track @matt_u
    So the Snyder Cut trailer has become the second most viewed Warner Bros trailer ever in the first 24 hours with 24.9M across all official accounts on social media, beating The Batman’s 22M and Dune’s 20.8M, only behind Godzilla vs Kong’s 25.6M.

The crazy thing is that all the official WB accounts throughout the web haven't even posted the trailer (only WB UK). Even more ridiculous is the fact that WB posted a new Godzilla vs Kong trailer three hours after the SC one.

I like it, I will definitely purchase the soundtrack (I bought both MoS and BvS scores).

Makes sense.

Both GvK and ZSJL strike me as movies that would have underperformed if not outright flopped in theatres, but since they're going to be streaming for free on HBO Max, more people will be likely to check them out.

The score track seems nice, but pretty much all comic book movie music blends together for me.
    edited February 2021 Posts: 8,025
    I think JL simply gets less emphasis from WB because it's ultimately a new cut of a movie that already came out nearly four years ago. I saw Fisher tweet awhile ago about being upset that the Snyder Cut isn't getting the red carpet treatment. Two things though, 1) we're in a pandemic, so there's not gonna be red carpet treatment for anything for awhile. 2) New cuts of older movies never get such treatment anyway, and if they get theatrical distribution it's usually only select cinemas. The way studios see it is that they already gave theatrical cuts their grand openings back in the day and don't want to spend another dime on it.

And if it seems like GvK is getting bigger promotion, that makes sense, because it's a newer film and WB wants to make sure it gets a strong first impression.
  • Well, Snyder's Justice League certainly sounds like it's a drastically different film from the theatrical cut. Which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned as I thought JL was a pretty big mess. I have no idea what Joker is doing in this, the CGI still looks murky, and I'm finding it difficult to imagine a DC film that's longer than Return of the King (4+ hours?), but I'm excited to see what Snyder's come up with. It can only be an improvement upon JL: Theatrical Cut, can't it?