Last graphic novel, comic book, manga you read

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Holy CRAP!!! How the eff did I miss Sci Spy??????? :-O

I ordered it just now! My bad.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I guess I should've told you!! :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I find it fascinating and totally cool that so many of you James Bond fans are also Batman / DC comics fans!
    For a long time I thought I am a lonely exception to be a die-hard fan of Bond and Batman/JL (and Star Trek)!
    Trust me, @BondJasonBond006, you are in good company here!
    As I have been doing some investigative work on spy video games, I've come across a title known as 100 Bullets that has been cancelled shortly before it was to be released. Sad thing really. And then I found out it was based on a very long running comic book series that lasted 100 issues. That was the intention, I gather.

100bullet1.jpg

Although, I've yet to read it, I didn't hesitate to purchase Volume 1. Who wouldn't love a great set of comic book-like conspiracy spy stories?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @ClarkDevlin, I'm not super familiar with the series itself beyond the idea of the first few issues, but Eduardo Risso has been an artist that has blown me away for years now. It'll be a visual feast for your eyes, and Azzarello is always a reliable scribe.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7- Thanks, mate. I'll take your word for it.

I just have been looking at some his artworks, and I have to say there's a bit of Frank Miller influence in him. The art seems similar, especially that of the Sin City comics in a way.

And while I was at it, I've come across this, which appears to be a belonging of Eduardo Risso's skillful efforts.

tumblr_mr9ty4wnQM1rnhr86o3_1280.jpg

Perhaps the man has the will to do a James Bond comic in the future. Make it happen, Dynamite!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    As I have been doing some investigative work on spy video games, I've come across a title known as 100 Bullets that has been cancelled shortly before it was to be released. Sad thing really. And then I found out it was based on a very long running comic book series that lasted 100 issues. That was the intention, I gather.

100bullet1.jpg

Although, I've yet to read it, I didn't hesitate to purchase Volume 1. Who wouldn't love a great set of comic book-like conspiracy spy stories?

Those comic books were great, and they are to be made into a movie. Tom Hardy in the lead,I heard from a little bird.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 15,423

100bullet1.jpg

Those comic books were great, and they are to be made into a movie. Tom Hardy in the lead,I heard from a little bird.
    Just checked. It appears a film adaptation has been in development for quite sometime. Hardy will be producing with the option of starring in it, and the film will be distributed by New Line Cinema (a subsidiary of Warner Bros).
    Risso's art is what would result if Frank Miller (in his prime), Tim Sale and Mike Mignola's styles all had a baby. And that's a grand beauty to behold.
    X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

These stories from 1980 has 2013 as the future. The scriptwork by Chris Claremont is crazy, and the artwork by John Byrne beautiful.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Went to the local comic book store today. They have a nice Civil War book special edition.
    I have never read or owned a comic book that is not DC.
    Do you think I would enjoy it? Or do I have to read something else first to understand it?
    Went to the local comic book store today. They have a nice Civil War book special edition.
    I have never read or owned a comic book that is not DC.
    Do you think I would enjoy it? Or do I have to read something else first to understand it?

@BondJasonBond006, I'd pick it up for sure, especially since the film is about to come out. It's an interesting story and does interesting things with the characters and their motives.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Nemesis - Mark Millar
    Nemesis - Mark Millar
    Now that is hell of a comic!
    Nemesis - Mark Millar
    Now that is hell of a comic!

Heard alot about it, aware a cinematic version is in the works. On book 1 of 4 at moment, thats how Kindle have presented it.

X-MEN AGE OF APOCALYPSE volume2: Reign.

Compared to the Claremont/Byrne years, these 1995 stories are disappointing to say the least.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Reading Nemesis as we speak.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Anybody read Saga? I'm gonna try it out, but I wanna hear things from people who've read it.
    Just got my Sci Spy 6 part Moench/Gulacy issues. Man, this is gonna be GOOD!
    Rereading some old Donald Duck books from the 60s. Great fun, filled with racism, animal abuse, murder, violence and correct depictions of other cultures.
    Rereading some old Donald Duck books from the 60s. Great fun, filled with racism, animal abuse, murder, violence and correct depictions of other cultures.

ha ha, yes :))

ha ha, yes :))
    That's what made the cartoons of the era as well as the comedy vibe comics entertaining. Now, with everything with being politically correct, I don't find any of these "comedy" cartoons and their spin-off comics entertaining, at all.
    They are even drinking alcohol and eating pills. Another funny thing:The dog catcher is an anthropomorphic dog.
    They are even drinking alcohol and eating pills. Another funny thing:The dog catcher is an anthropomorphic dog.
    :)) I suppose that's Goofy and Pluto?
    edited April 2016 Posts: 45,489
    Not in this one, but that has happened.

Another funny thing: The ducks eat chicken and turkey.
    Come to think of it, I have even seen Gladstone Gander eating goose, and he is a goose. Which makes him a cannibal. Other than that, only Africans are depicted as cannibals.
    My Son made me read this:
    51Rg0tXlceL._AC_UL320_SR224,320_.jpg
    6 part graphic novel. Almost done and it's REALLY good!
    Just started Civil War. Never read any Marvel comics before. After seeing the movie twice and seeing it later today for a third time it's time to read the comic :)

full.jpg
    full.jpg
    @Thunderfinger, I came across this and thought of that comic book you've read... :))
    bXB4lex.png
    Yes, good one. I am also surprised by how many times Uncle Scrooge threatened to shoot Donald dead, throw the little nephews to the crocodiles and so on. Not sure, but I think the old books I am currently reading are Italian.