SirHenryLeeChaChing's For Original Fans - Favorite Moments In NTTD (spoilers)

Comments

• Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Just back from SPECTRE, while I enjoyed it, there seemed to be something lacking, and I don't know what it was. Will have to watch again, but can say the gorgeous Monica Bellucci was criminally underused - in my opinion.
  • @4Ever, thanks so much for posting those awesome red carpet photos -- and @Lancaster007, thanks for giving us your impression of SPECTRE. I'm actually relieved to finally hear a review that wasn't just "RAVERAVERAVE!" We Bond fans are a tough crowd to satisfy, and hearing that so many critics were gushing over the film was starting to worry me just a bit. Anyone that has seen the film is welcome to give us their *Non-spoilerish* impressions, but please, do be careful not to reveal any plot details! There are some plans afoot to keep this topic thread "topical" over the next few weeks while we Americans wait for the film to open here...so stay tuned, and remember, if you haven't been following this thread from the beginning, you are encouraged to go back and check out the earlier postings. Your investigations will bear fruit shortly... B-)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    =D> Fantastic photos.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Psst rumor has it that a certain person has returned after a leave of absence ?
    I won't say anymore I will leave it to him !.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    CSWTNqVWUAQRaf3.jpg:large
    I know who, @Mrcoggins - and I do hope he joins us here soon. :)
  • NOW IT CAN BE TOLD!

After a few vague hints regarding plans for this thread in the few weeks before SPECTRE opens in the US, now the Persian cat can be let out of the bag. The time is finally right to announce our plans for a very special event taking place in the "Sir Henry's" topic thread shortly. As most of you probably know, Greg Ferrell (the name of the actual person behind the SirHenryLeeChaChing nom-de-screen) passed away in January of 2014. Greg’s birthday was November 4th, and our own @4EverBonded has concluded (and I personally entirely agree!) that it would be appropriate for us all to celebrate his life and time among us this year in early November. Everyone who frequents Sir Henry's thread is invited to participate in these birthday festivities -- primarily by posting your thoughts and memories regarding our beloved founder in The "Tribute To Greg Ferrell" taking place November 1st-4th. A discussion of Greg's favorite Bond movie, Goldfinger, will follow on November 5th. On November 6th, of course, Spectre will open in the USA and I suspect this thread will probably be taken up largely by *SPOILER FREE* Spectre discussions at that time. Thanks to all for your participation in this topic thread, and I hope you will be able to join us in what we all expect will be a moving tribute to a very special man.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Great idea. I have fond memories of the man.
  • We all have! Time to get 'em out, dust 'em off & make 'em shine!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Mrcoggins wrote: »

Yep thats right Willy Galore is back apparently.

• And so is the elusive Wizard. Good to hear from you, Wiz, and we look forward to hearing from Willy at his convenience.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.

Great to see you back Wizard

The Wizard is Back in Action! Everything He Types Turns to Bitter Cynicism!

• edited October 2015 Posts: 3,564
    Forewarned is four-armed. This makes us half an Octopussy!

The Wizard is Back in Action! Everything He Types Turns to Bitter Cynicism!

I never left.

"You came across me so many times and yet you never saw me". ;)
  • Willy -- are YOU The author of all our pain???
    edited October 2015 Posts: 12,459
    Wizard and Willy? Frickin' great, I say!! And about damn time. ;)
    Shame I have to stay mostly gone for now ... Have fun, everybody! :-bd
    Okay guys and dolls, I'M BAAACK . It's been a long while but I'm to resume making my comments.
    Great pics from the SPECTRE premiere.

What are we talking about now? :)
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 3,564
    Oh, this n’ that. Mostly just trying to enjoy our anticipation for SPECTRE without giving in to the siren song of the spoilers. Anyone who’s already been fortunate enough to see it is more than welcome to give us a general overview without getting into any plot points. Some of us (like @4EverBonded and @Birdleson) have chosen to largely stay off the forum until they’ve been able to see the film, although 4Ever keeps sneaking back on long enough to post photos of the red carpet premiere or some tasty “Connery-as-Zardoz“ cookies she found. @Birdleson & I were re-reading the Fleming novels in order of publication & posting our thoughts on those -- Birdie finished his series awhile back, I got as far as Thunderball & then decided to put that on hold until after I’ve had a chance to see the new film. We’ve talked about the various theme songs as promotional tools for their movies, and I’m planning on posting an examination of the Craig films as soon as I can manage to find the time to get it written. And, of course, the main topic of conversation very soon will be our Tribute to Greg/Sir Henry in the first week of November. Feel free to jump in regarding anything that strikes your fancy…

And by the way, @OHMSS69 -- good to have you back, along with the Wiz and good ol' Willy. It's starting to feel like Old Home Week around here!
    Oh, this n’ that. Mostly just trying to enjoy our anticipation for SPECTRE without giving in to the siren song of the spoilers. Anyone who’s already been fortunate enough to see it is more than welcome to give us a general overview without getting into any plot points. Some of us (like @4EverBonded and @Birdleson) have chosen to largely stay off the forum until they’ve been able to see the film, although 4Ever keeps sneaking back on long enough to post photos of the red carpet premiere or some tasty “Connery-as-Zardoz“ cookies she found. @Birdleson & I were re-reading the Fleming novels in order of publication & posting our thoughts on those -- Birdie finished his series awhile back, I got as far as Thunderball & then decided to put that on hold until after I’ve had a chance to see the new film. We’ve talked about the various theme songs as promotional tools for their movies, and I’m planning on posting an examination of the Craig films as soon as I can manage to find the time to get it written. And, of course, the main topic of conversation very soon will be our Tribute to Greg/Sir Henry in the first week of November. Feel free to jump in regarding anything that strikes your fancy…

And by the way, @OHMSS69 -- good to have you back, along with the Wiz and good ol' Willy. It's starting to feel like Old Home Week around here!

Without giving too much away I would say if you are reading some of the books in the run up to the film make sure you don't overlook Colonel Sun....

My personal highlight of the film.
  • I wish I could find a copy of Colonel Sun. Do you have any idea when last it was reprinted?
  • DariusDarius UK
    edited October 2015 Posts: 354
    I wish I could find a copy of Colonel Sun. Do you have any idea when last it was reprinted?

Last UK reprint was on 15th October 2015.

You can get a US copy here...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0061005681?ref_=cm_lmf_img_15

...or here...

http://www.abebooks.com/book-search/title/colonel-sun/author/kingsley-amis-robert-markham/
  • Thanks, @Darius. I'm in the US so a UK reprint only serves to make me jealous. For various reasons not worth going into here I make a point of not using Amazon but I may have to break my self-imposed boycott in this particular case...
    I think there's an audiobook version on YouTube.
  • That sounds interesting! Who's the voice?
  • DariusDarius UK
    edited October 2015 Posts: 354
    Happy 007 birthday, @Birdleson.

I think you make an invaluable contribution to the forum, so it's a pity we can't do much the same here as your staff did in person, but that's the Internet for you.

Enjoy SP, and we'll see you when you get back. I look forward to some interesting debates. :)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    So they know you are an above average Bond fan?

Very cool, Mr Birdleson. Happy 155th Birtday!
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    You don't look a day over 100! How do you do it @Birdleson? Plenty of water?

*Saw Spectre yesterday. I can't really fault it.
    Many happy returns @Birdleson.

Just for you:

• Happy Birthday, @Birdleson! You're quite fortunate to have such creative and caring people in your life! Enjoy the day, enjoy Spectre, and we look forward to your return.