SirHenryLeeChaChing's For Original Fans - Favorite Moments In NTTD (spoilers)

Comments

• Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    @BeatlesSansEarmuffs - with you on the fact that Skyfall gave away too much. A lot of trailers these days seem to. I'm trying not to look at the SPECTRE ones too much. Hopefully they haven't given too much away, I do like to have the plot unfold as I'm watching. And as for those people who seek out leaked scripts etc., I just don't get it.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @4Ever well, enjoy your sabbatical, and, thanks for the article. I had a deep respect for Monica, and it only grew deeper. What a fantastic woman.
  • DariusDarius UK
    edited October 2015 Posts: 354
    Have YOU ever griped about your job? Lord knows I have! Whether it's to co-workers or close friends, spouses, or complete strangers, griping about one's job is part of the human condition. It's a necessary method of letting off steam at the end of the day. The only difference is, you and I don't have a thousand cameras, microphones, and notepads turned our way to catch every petty complaint for posterity. I take Craig's (or Connery's, or anyBond's) occasional bit of grousing in just that spirit. It's a hard job, he's entitled to take a moment to grumble about it without anybody thinking the less of him or the job he's just finished because of it. Also: Sir Roger's been quite candid about his bargaining technique between his last few films: "I'm tired of this. I don't think I want to do the next one, find somebody else." "Oh, please Roger? Pretty please?" "No, I don't think so." "Pretty please with sugar and an extra 5 million on it???" "Oh, all right." Whether Craig is setting up for his next round of negotiations with Eon or just letting off some steam at the end of a hard day's night, I don't really set much stock by it....and I doubt that it's going to make a bit of difference to Spectre's box office.

How very true. I think this blows away any fear about DC not returning for at least another outing right now. I remember reading in the seventies that Roger Moore was "definitely not returning", but back he came nonetheless. If I were DC, I'd be keeping my options open until SP had hit the streets. In the unlikely event it flops, he can walk away smelling of roses saying: "Told you I wouldn't do another." If the movie skyrockets to the stratosphere, he's in the pound seats negotiation-wise.
    ...here's a question I'd like to pose to one & all: on the issue of spoilers, how do you feel about the official ads & trailers that have been released for Spectre so far, as opposed to the same for Skyfall?

I think they've gone too far, this time. Piecing together the trailer takes and the subtle (and not so subtle) hints contained in the media, such as the Jonathan Ross documentary aired last Saturday in the UK, anyone with half a brain can deduce the big so called surprise twist that we're all sort of expecting.

Those people that can't abide spoilers really need to do one of two things: go into a sensory deprivation tank until the date they see the movie, or go and live on another planet until said date.

Alternatively, closing your eyes and putting your hands over your ears and going "lalalala, I can't hear you!" is the only other choice.

• Being in the US, I hadn't even heard of a Jonathan Ross documentary. Now that I have? Lalalalalalala........
  • DariusDarius UK
    @BeatlesSansEarmuffs

You don't know how lucky you are having that vast Atlantic ocean separating you and Jonathan Ross. I've often considered emigrating just to avoid the bastard.

Imagine Chevy Chase doing a Bond documentary and you've got the idea.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Darius wrote: »
    @BeatlesSansEarmuffs

You don't know how lucky you are having that vast Atlantic ocean separating you and Jonathan Ross. I've often considered emigrating just to avoid the bastard.

Imagine Chevy Chase doing a Bond documentary and you've got the idea.

That is true, but is Piers Morgan living in the U.S? On the behalf of all British people, "sorry!"

Thanks @Beatles. I think we forget that actors are just doing a job, just because they are paid so much. My take on the Craig comments, is that he is dog tired, after a long and exhausting shoot, and he has neither the inclination or the energy to discuss the inevitable Bond25 conversations.

Oh, and @4EverBonded we are awaiting your return most eagerly!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I thought I share this in this thread as well :)

Madame Tussauds is showing all 6 Bond actors for the next 6 weeks!!
    After that they will make a world tour in various places, isn't that fabulous!

And look how pretty they all look!
    They cheated on Craig's height though which I find hilarious...

full.jpg

full.jpg
  • RC7RC7
    That's the one!
    Oh, I see it goes up to TMWTGG. Wonder where my old album is now?

I have a copy of this. My wife spotted it in a charity shop in London.
    I thought I share this in this thread as well :)

Madame Tussauds is showing all 6 Bond actors for the next 6 weeks!!
    After that they will make a world tour in various places, isn't that fabulous!

And look how pretty they all look!
    They cheated on Craig's height though which I find hilarious...

full.jpg

full.jpg

That looks awesome!!! Shame they won't still be there in January as that's the next time i will be in London. :((
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Actually, I'm just ducking out of here until Nov. 5 (many theaters in the US are giving it an advance 7pm showing on that night).

I might be going to that (hopefully). Good luck @Birdleson; we'll see if we're on-point with this film.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Probably best not read any press reviews - apparently the Guardian review gives away far too much. Best stay away from interweb, printed media and gobby friends till one has seen it. Excellent reviews from what I gather though.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    You can safely read the review on the MI6 front page. No spoilers there.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

Indeed. But it's getting harder and harder not to be 'informed'. Why are they giving away so much? I understand there are six more tv spots. I don't want to see anything new anymore. The first trailers were fine, but I still want to see scenes afresh and new, not recognising them and wondering where that small bit from the trailer fit in. It spoils too much and destracts from viewing.

• DariusDarius UK
    Indeed. But it's getting harder and harder not to be 'informed'. Why are they giving away so much? I understand there are six more tv spots. I don't want to see anything new anymore. The first trailers were fine, but I still want to see scenes afresh and new, not recognising them and wondering where that small bit from the trailer fit in. It spoils too much and destracts from viewing.

Sadly @CommanderRoss, one needs to be living on another planet today to avoid the spoiler-rich hype surrounding SP. SF made a billion, and it looks like Eon are living up to their name to make sure the bloated budget of SP was worth it; and in doing this they seem to be riding roughshod over the many spoilerphobes in the fan community.

I saw SP at a press screening last night and I will stick my neck out and say that they may well succeed, although in so doing they may well leave quite a few disgruntled fans in their wake.
  • Please, fellow agents, let's all do our best not to put any spoilers in this thread until everyone (including our dear @4EverBonded) has had a chance to see SPECTRE. Simple one-sentence reviews like "I saw it & liked/loved/hated it" are acceptable, but let's not give away any plot points. Okay? Thanks!
  • Oh, and @Darius: Disgruntled fans are unavoidable IMHO. We gruntle so easily!
  • This isn't Spectre related, but I haven't seen it discussed anywhere else around here, and an original fans' thread seemed to be the best place for it. Have any of you heard the original Anthony Newley version of Goldfinger? It's not nearly as bombastic as the Shirley Bassey version, but its creepily amazing:

• [img][/img]
  • Well, our beloved @4EverBonded has just sent me a photo she found on Twitter of some Sean Connery-as-Zardoz cookies. (This is how some of us choose to spend our time in a Spoiler-free environment!) I'm trying to post them here, but alas! My old-school computer skills just aren't up to the task. Anyone who can find these cookies on Twitter is welcome to post the photo, otherwise just take my word for it -- they look, um, Conneryesque -- and if I can ever figure out how to post the photo here, I'll be certain to do so! Carry on, all...
  • (Photo of scary delicious cookies HERE...)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    CRWqZe5WgAAHFQE.jpg
  • There she is, folks! Braving the hordes of spoilers out there so you can have your Connery cookies! We are not worthy...
    ;) Well you know, it's Sean ...! so worth the effort of not looking at thread titles!
    **sneaks away again**
    edited October 2015 Posts: 12,459
    This is just a stunningly good shot! From the red carpet, London premiere ~

CSRPsfLUsAAcB3G.jpg:large
    Dave Bautista ~
    CSRHKYmW0AAll0O.jpg:large
    Jesper Christensen ~
    CSRSIisWUAEt1XH.jpg:large
    edited October 2015 Posts: 12,459
    A bird eye view from high up in the theatre ... that is the whole main cast, and Mendes on the stage at the Royal premiere of SPECTRE in London
    CSRPdy9VEAAgomc.jpg:large
    The whole red carpet area was jammed, as you can imagine ...
    CSQ-RAEVEAA5QDQ.jpg:large
    Another simply gorgeous photo!
    CSQ9MIZW0AA81TU.jpg:large
    I would post the video of the red carpet area Royal premiere of SPECTRE - it is available on YouTube ... but I've been told there are definitely a couple of spoilers in that (due to idiot interiewer). So we shall pass that up on this thread ... ;)