The TIMOTHY DALTON Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    DALTON RULEZ
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    I'm still with Nic Nac in that, of all the Bond actors, he's the one that physically looks better suited to television.

Hopefully he'll do another mini- series soon.

You are obsessed with knocking Dalton. It's hilarious
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Getafix wrote: »
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    I'm still with Nic Nac in that, of all the Bond actors, he's the one that physically looks better suited to television.

Hopefully he'll do another mini- series soon.

You are obsessed with knocking Dalton. It's hilarious
    Even more hilarious? Your obsession with knocking Brosnan.
    There's nothing hilarious about knocking Brosnan. It's a full time job.

Frankly I'd rather be doing something else, but heck, someone has to!
    I thought knocking Skyfall is your full time job?

At least that makes sense, I could fill several books with everything that is wrong with the movie.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Sounds like a DEAD END job to me. ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    There's nothing hilarious about knocking Brosnan. It's a full time job.

Frankly I'd rather be doing something else, but heck, someone has to!

Sorry. I forgot to knock.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited September 2016 Posts: 13,894
    There's not really one that might be considered his 3rd Bond. He plays a right bastard in The Informant. Although, from what little I have seen of Framed, I think that there is potential for a Bond#17 trailer.

I don't understand how his look makes him better suited to tv.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say "obsessive" but it has lingered in my head for a while.
    Dalton can do both TV and cinema as he has proven time and time again. And Theatre as well.

Dalton simply is the best of the lot.
    Penny Dreadful is probably his last, very big, perfect gift for his fans.

I love all three perfect seasons and if Netflix really does buy PD to continue it that'll be great.
    I need to see more of PD. Only seen a few episodes. Looked good.
    Theatre is where he excels. His voice and his stature is perfectly suited to the stage.
    Just watched the first season of Penny Dreadful and Dalton is great even if Eva is absolutely the star of that series.

This series also makes the last two 007 installments look like poorly written and thought out movies when you consider the originality and effort Mendes and Logan have put into this show.

As said Dalton is impressive in this TV show, the scenes between Eva Green and him are bloody brilliant.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I haven t had a chance to watch that show. Do they take some of the stories from the real penny dreadfuls?
    No...it started off really well,but season 3 did nothing for me ,to the extent it stopped recording them to watch...but the 1st two series are worth watching...actually the weakest and most annoying character to me that dragged it down was Frankenstein's monster,played by Rory Kinnear...
    Penny Dreadful has the perfect first season.

Personally I liked the second almost as much which is enough to elevate PD to my list of "best TV shows ever". The third season showed some weak spots but is still infinitely better than most of the crap that gets dished up nowadays.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    No...it started off really well,but season 3 did nothing for me ,to the extent it stopped recording them to watch...but the 1st two series are worth watching...actually the weakest and most annoying character to me that dragged it down was Frankenstein's monster,played by Rory Kinnear...

I watched a bit of one episode and Kinnear was in it. He seemed dire.
    barryt007 wrote: »

I watched a bit of one episode and Kinnear was in it. He seemed dire.

He was/is....my interest buggers off when he comes on screen ...it gets to that stage where you keep going but then think 'why am i watching this,loyalty to the cast ? '..
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 11,189
    Watching Hawks at the moment. So far kind of so-so. Good subject matter and great to see Rosika pop up as the nurse.

The soundtrack is cheesy as hell :))
    Penny Dreadful is fantastic. In addition to Eve and Dalts Rory is also on the show and at first I had no idea it was him playing the Creature. I couldn't believe the guy can actually ACT. He's great.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm currently watching the third and final season of Penny Dreadful as I type this. I just can't get over how great Dalton looks. The man could easily be back in the saddle as Bond now, even at 72.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'm currently watching the third and final season of Penny Dreadful as I type this. I just can't get over how great Dalton looks. The man could easily be back in the saddle as Bond now, even at 72.

Oh yeah. Once I saw him on CHUCK I realized this as well.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Talisa Soto is stunning.
    Bring back Dalton!
    Bring back Dalton!

They should have in 2006
    95!
    edited November 2016 Posts: 5,131
    Dalton was good for 95. Too old I 06. Bond is not an OAP......
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Talisa Soto is stunning.
    OMG yes.
    Between her and Carey I would have loved to be.
    I mean, during filming.
    Get your minds out of the gutter!

:))
    chrisisall wrote: »
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Talisa Soto is stunning.
    OMG yes.
    Between her and Carey I would have loved to be.
    I mean, during filming.
    Get your minds out of the gutter!

:))

During filming a home made video :D