The SEAN CONNERY Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

1232425262729»

Comments

• DwayneDwayne New York City
    It's been several years since I've seen ZARDOZ @Revelator and @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. While not a *great* film (per say), it is visually striking. And that is what made such an impression on me.

As for Connery's wardrobe; to quote my late mother: "Dear Lord .......!" :))
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    edited February 9 Posts: 565
    It amuses me that everyone talks about the red nappy, but no one ever mentions this:

camelot-der-fluch-des-goldenen-schwertes-sword-of-the-valiant-gb-1984-H887-PA.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    It amuses me that everyone talks about the red nappy, but no one ever mentions this:

camelot-der-fluch-des-goldenen-schwertes-sword-of-the-valiant-gb-1984-H887-PA.jpg

Miles o Keeffe stellar acting probably distracts from Sir Sean's Green Knight costume ;))
    Could've been worse. Imagine Sean painted green.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I actually have ZARDOZ on DVR. Seems like the perfect time to finally give it a watch.
    Go for it! And tell us what you think afterward.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I actually have ZARDOZ on DVR. Seems like the perfect time to finally give it a watch.

Please do. It's a crazy film, but somehow guarantees compelling viewing from start to finish.
  • Just watched Untouchables for millionth time. Brilliant film. Connery steals it. Just seeing him in brief scene with De Niro is pure gold. What charisma he had.
    I used to have Zardoz on VHS and an acquaintance borrowed it and loved it. That's long gone, but I'd love to own it again, but the DVD/Blu-ray copies go for extravagant prices. Always been more intrigued by Zardoz than a lot of the other things he'd done during that time.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    Top Five Favourite Connery Films (non Bond):

1. Marnie
    2. The Hill
    3. The Offence
    4. The Russia House
    5. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
  • edited February 12 Posts: 704
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Please do. It's a crazy film, but somehow guarantees compelling viewing from start to finish.

Zardoz is a cult movie. It needs a TV series like Westworld.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Very cool!!! A great honour to the man and his legacy. And a great honour to all the future winners.