The ROGER MOORE Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    I have not watched this previously, it popped up on my suggested videos.

This interview is from 2015

Interviewer: Did you do any of your own stunts ?
    Roger: I did a couple of love Scenes.
    :)) Charming as always
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    I do love watching Roger being interviewed about Bond in later life. The way he masterfully never really answered any question he was asked, and yet you can’t help but hang on his every word. He was having such cheeky fun with the interviewers. I do miss him.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Only just noticed this interview. The man certainly had a way with him. Even if he isn't every woman's perfect man you can see how he charms the socks off every woman he meets (look at those four for example).
    And thanks Sir Rog for answering the Craig slashing wrists question with a degree of common sense and genuine understanding.
    From an article by Roger's former assistant:

"I was not long into my job when, as part of the celebrations around 2002’s Die Another Day, Pierce Brosnan’s final outing in the role, former Bonds were invited to be presented to the Queen at the royal premiere in Leicester Square.

The retired 007s subsequently took the stage, and the audience erupted when Roger walked on, awarding him a much bigger ovation than Brosnan received.

Afterwards, I asked what Roger thought of the new film. He was diplomatically evasive. I pointed out that he’d got more applause than Pierce. ‘Rightly ****ing so,’ he replied, with a raised eyebrow."
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    My editing skills are not getting better, but I tried:

Roger Moore as James Bond tribute

• OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    I have Roger to credit to my love of James Bond as if I recall correctly the first Bond film I ever watched was The Spy Who Loved Me. If he were still alive he would be the one Bond actor I would love to meet out of all of them.

Moonraker used to be my favourite Moore film until my recent revisiting of For Your Eyes Only. However, I think MR is Roger's best performance in the role, because of moments like this throughout the film. Simply brilliant!
    MR starts off so well. It's still enjoyable but a shame they didn't stick a bit closer to the tone of the first half.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2020 Posts: 23,367

I think this was Sir Roger's last interview
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Skip to 14:36
    edited February 2020 Posts: 23,367

Hilarious, I remember watching this when it aired
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

Hilarious, I remember watching this when it aired
    Classic!
    Clive was quite a risque interviewer. Always pushing with on the edge questions. Rog handles it well though
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    That's rather nice
    Brilliant =D>
    very enjoyable.

AVTAK 35 today !
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited May 2020 Posts: 14,957
    Octopussy wrote: »

I do like the way it ends on him saying The Line, that's very nice. And the shot of him with a glass of champagne: it suits him much better than holding a gun!
    :)

The video does have a rather unfortunate thumbnail though!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2020 Posts: 15,690
    mtm wrote: »
    Octopussy wrote: »

I do like the way it ends on him saying The Line, that's very nice. And the shot of him with a glass of champagne: it suits him much better than holding a gun!
    :)

The video does have a rather unfortunate thumbnail though!

I'll have you know that Mrs Bell is in extensive care!

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2020 Posts: 15,690
    Sir Roger Moore left us 3 years ago today.

image-1.jpg
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Today seemed like a good day to visit Stockwell, south London, where Roger was born.

This construction is a former WW2 bomb shelter, now painted as a war memorial and to commemorate local heroes:

EYs8yq6XQAAhaav.jpg

EYs8yq1WsAEd-G9.jpg

(some hooligan's had a go at his mouth I see)

More about London's surviving deep-level shelters.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Very nice to see on this day.
    Nobody did it better.
    Sir Roger Moore a Saint and a gentleman a great asset to EON and a big loss to the world
    Kino Lorber is having a Memorial Day sale, and all of its Roger Moore titles have been discounted. Prices below are for Blu-Rays.

At $9.95:
    Ffolkes (aka North Sea Hijack)
    Gold
    Street People

At $8.49:
    The Man Who Haunted Himself

At $5.99
    The Naked Face
    It's been three years and I still get a little melancholic when I think of it.
    Nobody did it better.
    Indeed.

Incidentally, I just finished watching The Naked Face. A good film, if not outstanding, with a fine performance by Roger. I'm going to write a full review for it.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Nobody did it better.
    Indeed.

Incidentally, I just finished watching The Naked Face. A good film, if not outstanding, with a fine performance by Roger. I'm going to write a full review for it.

Please do, i will check it out if it's a decent film.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Nobody did it better.
    Indeed.

Please do, i will check it out if it's a decent film.
    Review posted in the Last Movie You Watched? thread.