The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited August 2017 Posts: 15,423
    That was uncalled for, actually.

While not my type of a woman, the man is in love with her, and she had that "eye candy" look when he married her. I'm glad their marriage and love bond is lasting, unlike some other Hollywoodites who marry one day and divorce a week later.
    This again? :(
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 12,276
    GE is a Top 5 Bond film for me; unfortunately, the rest of his Bond films overall makes up the least good era of Bond we have gotten IMO. TND I like okay, TWINE seems to be slipping more and more in my ranking, and DAD is simply one of the series' weakest for me. Still, Brosnan himself is never bad in any of these movies; I really enjoy his James Bond performances. He deserved better material than he got post-GE.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Pierce mentioned on his Facebook he's back in London for rehearsals for the 'Mamma Mia' sequel.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Pierce mentioned on his Facebook he's back in London for rehearsals for the 'Mamma Mia' sequel.

Hah, sweet. At the very least it's great to see our last two Bond actors having so much fun with their most recent projects.
    New trailer for THE FOREIGNER:

New trailer for THE FOREIGNER:

This does look really good, the more I see it!
    Pierce is soooo Gerry Adams in this film.
    Pierce Brosnan reunites with ABBA star to record Mamma Mia! sequel songs.

Pierce Brosnan has returned to the recording studio to work on new songs for the Mamma Mia! sequel with ABBA legend Benny Andersson.

The former James Bond star is reprising his role as Sam Carmichael from the original 2008 film, which was based on the ABBA-inspired musical of the same name, for the follow-up, Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again!.

Pierce received mixed reviews for his vocals the first time around, but now it appears Benny will be giving the actor a few pointers to hit the high notes for the sequel.

The actor shared an Instagram photo of himself with the Swedish pop icon in London on Thursday (17Aug17) and captioned it: "Never thought his would happen again but, here I was last night once more, with the gracious and brilliant Mr Benny Anderson... ABBA... recording at Air Studios for the next... 'Here we go again, Mamma Mia (sic)' movie. Magic."
    It's not yet clear which ABBA songs will feature in the new movie musical, but Andersson and his bandmate Bjorn Ulvaeus are both returning to provide the music and lyrics for the project.

The musicians will also serve as executive producers on the film, which has been written by The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel scribe OI Parker, who will also direct. The Abba stars briefly appeared in the original, but it's not known if they'll show up again in the sequel.

Pierce previously brushed off criticism of his singing efforts after news of the sequel and his role in it hit headlines, and promised ABBA fans he would perform at his best.

"I'm singing - believe me, I'm singing," he told USA Today in June (17). "I have to sing. I don't care what they say. I love to sing. People don't necessarily employ me for my singing. But I chose to sing."

Joking about his less-than-perfect pitch, he said, "I think the world is ready for Mamma Mia 2, and I believe the world is ready to hear me sing once more!"

Brosnan will reunite with Meryl Streep, Colin Firth, Amanda Seyfried, and Dominic Cooper for Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again!, which will also star Lily James as a younger version of Streep's lead character, Donna.

The film is expected to make audiences sing again when it hits theatres in July, 2018.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Nice to see Pierce having fun. I know that his role in Mama Mia has been the source of some punchlines in the past, but it takes some balls to not be from the singing world and still put yourself out there to do the work. You have to give the guy respect for that, and anyway he's Pierce freaking Brosnan.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 12,837
    barryt007 wrote: »
    "I'm singing - believe me, I'm singing," he told USA Today in June (17). "I have to sing. I don't care what they say. I love to sing. People don't necessarily employ me for my singing. But I chose to sing."

Haha, y'know what good on him. I always wondered why he chose to do the first one, guess he just thought it'd be fun and ended up really enjoying himself. Fair play.

Haha, y'know what good on him. I always wondered why he chose to do the first one, guess he just thought it'd be fun and ended up really enjoying himself. Fair play.
    He's been doing a lot of romcom since then.
    He's very good at rom-com roles as well as spy roles.
    It's nice to see he is doing so well since Bond,he is a very popular and employable actor.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 15,423
    I'm really surprised how hasn't he made an appearance in any of the major ongoing film franchises yet. Or an offer we hear him turn down, at least. The biggest gig as of recent we heard him associate himself with was The Expendables. And that's not to be filmed anytime soon due to Stallone's dispute with the lead producer.
    It's nice to see he is doing so well since Bond,he is a very popular and employable actor.

His Irish charm, wit and charisma goes a long way towards why that is, too. Perfect rom-com pre-requisites.
    20993957_10155727988762318_1006929000935936684_n.jpg?oh=3f99fec4fbe6e730fbed5033de355bed&oe=5A338692
    Looks great! :D

His Irish charm, wit and charisma goes a long way towards why that is, too. Perfect rom-com pre-requisites.

Yup. Couldn't have said it better!
    He SAID he wouldn't sing again!!!!!!! :'(
    The first 'Mamma Mia' was a big success, surprised it took them this long to get started on a sequel.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Pierce is a hero of mine, but that Mamma Mia! film was one terrible mess. Couldn't believe my eyes or ears. Probably the worst 'film' he's been in.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Pierce is a hero of mine, but that Mamma Mia! film was one terrible mess. Couldn't believe my eyes or ears. Probably the worst 'film' he's been in.
    You haven't seen I Don't Know How She Does It.
    I haven't, should I? :))
    Are you willing to take that chance? :))
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Perhaps we should return to 1987. Here's a 5-minute interview snagged from Twitter about the filming of Taffin (with some Bond content):

http://www.rte.ie/archives/2017/0815/897508-pierce-brosnan-filming-in-ireland/
    Are you willing to take that chance? :))

I really want to know how she does it now :))
    I've slowly but surely become a Brosnan supporter. My user picture must've had an effect on me! No, in all seriousness, he's a solid actor who can be very good in certain types of roles, and has a charismatic presence. It makes me happy to see he has been able to sustain a good career after James Bond.
    Brosnan is love. Brosnan is life.

Let him shine.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Brosnan is love. Brosnan is life.

Let him shine.

Amen
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

KmtLkYU.jpg

Roose Bolton!