The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Murdock wrote: »
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb. ;)

Everything+i+have+ever+read+about+steven+seagal+has+led+_aca5fd5285f52982b439032cee2923e2.gifDamn it....Brosnan could have done another 3 Bond films easily.

• ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    edited July 2017 Posts: 1,984
    TND is surprisingly good on rewatch. It owes a lot of that to Carver, who really steals his scenes. And he's got some wonderful lines like the "And the best he ever managed was the Sermon on the Mount" one.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    NicNac wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    It seems Lilly James has joined the 'Mamma Mia' sequel:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/mamma-mia-sequel-lily-james-1202494054/

Have Benny and Bjorn not used up most of their most popular songs in the first film? Be interesting to see if they write fresh music or delve deeper into the Abba back catalogue.

Is PB taking part?

Pretty sure the cast from the first one is slated to return.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 1,661
    I wonder if Brossy and Chan will have a big karate fight at the end? Get out the ibuprofen! Those action scenes are painful for the back!

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    I wonder if Brossy and Chan will have a big karate fight at the end? Get out the ibuprofen! Those action scenes are painful for the back!
    Jackie can probably still pull it off without the meds. I'm not sure about Brozza.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    When he finished on this moment credit movies for 2018, i hope he wil start with November Man 2 for 2019 release.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    bondjames wrote: »
    Jackie can probably still pull it off without the meds. I'm not sure about Brozza.

Pierce did most of his own stunts for November Man where he kicked some serious ass, so I'd love to see him face Chan.

Pierce did most of his own stunts for November Man where he kicked some serious ass, so I'd love to see him face Chan.
    The last time an actor faced a trained fight professional (as Chan is) someone busted a knee. Commitment is no substitute for training, especially when one gets older. Best to leave the real fights to a professional stuntman imho.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

The last time an actor faced a trained fight professional (as Chan is) someone busted a knee. Commitment is no substitute for training, especially when one gets older. Best to leave the real fights to a professional stuntman imho.

I can understand the worry, but if both actors understand what is needed and the risk involved, I say have at it. This was how it went down with SP, and though I can't say if Pierce is as well versed in the training as Dan had to be for his go, I don't think we'd seen he and Jackie throw each other through wooden walls and smash each other into walls as Bautista did. I imagine a far more stripped down fight, that was more about the fluid movements and rhyme of the fight that showing how far they could go brutality wise with the risk of big injury. In short, more Bourne, less Bond.
  • Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    edited February 2018 Posts: 306
    Edited.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    New "The Foreigner" poster.

TxtWwEP.jpg
    A little under two months to go, can't wait to check this one out. Very promising trailer.
    Campbell and Brozza are a winning ticket in my book.

That GE movie they made was okay, I suppose!

Better than ok! How I wish someone could deliver something like that again soon.

Better than ok! How I wish someone could deliver something like that again soon.

Pure sarcasm on my part.

They really need to get Campbell back for one more Bond film.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 1,661
    Do like that 'Foreigner' poster - very dramatic!

Pierce's latest film - The Only Living Boy In New York - out this week in the US.

P_HO00004727.jpg
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Pierce's latest film - The Only Living Boy In New York - out this week in the US.

I have no idea what this is about, but as a Simon & Garfunkel fan I am immediately interested.
    Pierce will another beautiful woman, what's new? Totally not jealous or anything...
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    But... but... it's Kate Beckinsale, not just another beautiful woman. ;)
    But... but... it's Kate Beckinsale, not just another beautiful woman. ;)

She's alright, but the point still stands.
    Oh, I'd be going fanboy all over her if I were cast opposite her. :D
    She looks like she hasn't aged since 'Underworld' released over a decade ago.
    Definitely!

I definitely prefer her as well as Milla Jovovich as action starlets (and lovely actresses) over Angelina Jolie any day, any time of the week, year or month.

Heck, imagine both of those in a Danger Girl type of a film (albeit not as sexually extravagant and more family friendly) with Pierce Brosnan in a Deuce-type role.
    Do like that 'Foreigner' poster - very dramatic!

P_HO00004727.jpg

Brosnan still getting the great looking women.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

The Foreigner will clock at 1 hour and 54 minutes.
    Nearly 2 hours then. All action-packed! :D

@DaltonCraig007, did you see that Chinese poster for the Brosnan character?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @ClarkDevlin I have! Brosnan looking super badass! :D
    Super badass and frightening at the same time! :D
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Pierce will another beautiful woman, what's new? Totally not jealous or anything...

Fear not
    3F9BE93C00000578-0-Cute_couple_Pierce_Brosnan_and_wife_of_15_years_Keely_Shaye_Smit-m-17_1493199532177.jpg