The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Happy Birthday, Mr Brosnan! Wish you all the best.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited May 2017 Posts: 8,115
    Still one of the coolest men alive! What a legend!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Many Happy Returns, Pierce!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    bondjames wrote: »
    These two look very good for 22 years on from GE.

Yes, they look fantastic. Looks like I'll be watching GE tonight.

Where it started.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Many happy returns to the Broz
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Happy Birthday to an absolute legend.
    the best wishes to a legend
    Happy Birthday PB!!!! Health and happiness to you and the family!!
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Happy Birthday to the one and only!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,691
    For all who enjoyed Pierce Brosnan's singing in 'Mamma Mia', rejoice! A sequel has been announced for 2018, with Brosnan, Streep, Firth, Skasgard, Seyfried all returning.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/mamma-mia-here-we-go-again-theaters-release-next-summer-1202098572/
    bondjames wrote: »

Wow. People get paid to write this stuff.

Amazing. Obviously missed my vocation.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    For all who enjoyed Pierce Brosnan's singing in 'Mamma Mia', rejoice! A sequel has been announced for 2018, with Brosnan, Streep, Firth, Skasgard, Seyfried all returning.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/mamma-mia-here-we-go-again-theaters-release-next-summer-1202098572/
    Dear lord! "Not exactly our finest hour."
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,423
    It appears somebody is up for selling oneself as a laughing stock of insults.

If I were Pierce, I'd stay out of that embarrassment.

That's like Sean Connery doing Zardoz II: The Squeakwel.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    It was a huge hit, so perhaps he sees it as a stepping stone to 'A' list opportunities which have been lacking of late.

Speaking of which, does anyone know why The Foreigner has taken so long to be released? Is Campbell working on a 'senior's' schedule or something?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Lacking maybe. But, Brosnan became a laughing stock on social media for his role in Mamma Mia (especially by the Bond fans), so if I were him, I'd definitely stay out of it and concentrate on getting a role in DCEU or MCU if I wanted to be surrounded by A-Listers. That's what I'd do.

The Foreigner is scheduled to come out in September or October this year, so next month or the one after will have a trailer debuting at least.

Brosnan's fantasy film, The King's Daughter was set to come out in 2015 (shot in 2014), but to this day Paramount still hasn't released a thing. No word on that front.

On the other hand, The Son is renewed for a second season.
    Thanks. I briefly saw one episode of The Son between ads, which focused on some young fella with some Native Americans. It seemed interesting enough but the setting and era is not quite my cup of tea.
    I bailed out on the series, @bondjames. Too slow paced. Nothing interesting. Just drama based on the early and later life of some man of power trying to get by.
    Yes @ClarkDevlin, truth be told it was a bit slow to watch. Brosnan wasn't in much of the episode I saw anyway. Still, it gets him back in the public eye, and I recently watched an interview where he said he was trying to get back on a regular tv slot.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames The Foreigner is listed as getting a wide release in the US on October 13th (one week after Blade Runner 2049 and one week before Geostorm and The Snowman).
    Thanks @DaltonCraig007. I knew it was coming out later this year, but it just seemed like it was announced eon's ago. The gestation period almost seems as long as some Bond films.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I watched a bit of The Son once, the first half of the first episode, and could see some potential in it. As I was hoping, Pierce really shined amidst everyone else. If he was in every scene, I'd be a regular watcher, but that doesn't exactly appear to be the case. I can handle slow burner stories, but when the said story is focused on the life of a family in a rather uneventful world, I don't feel motivated to see it. If the show turned into how Breaking Bad did, where Pierce's character went from simple beginnings to taking up arms to protect his family from a revolving door of men as bad as him, then I'd be thrilled. I just don't think the show is aimed at being that kind of western styled series.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    For all who enjoyed Pierce Brosnan's singing in 'Mamma Mia', rejoice!

I must admit, Mamma Mia! was the point at which I softened on Brosnan and started to feel fond of him, having maintained cordial dislike throughout his Bond tenure. It made him seem quite good fun, rather than the stuffy, arrogant personality I'd previously pictured. So I am well up for some more singing out of him.

(For the record, going to see the movie was not my choice. I was accompanying my own mamma.)
    An interview with Pierce Brosnan on the set of 'Spinning Man':

http://deadline.com/2017/05/pierce-brosnan-interview-spinning-man-cannes-1202101390/
    Guess what has just surfaced online.

Last-Man-Out.jpg?ssl=1
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    giphy.gif
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender

mj-laughing.gif
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Last-Man-Out.jpg?ssl=1

@ClarkDevlin, I think I read a synopsis of this film a while back, right? Something about a hitman dealing with past ghosts in a story set in Ireland?

Last-Man-Out.jpg?ssl=1

@ClarkDevlin, I think I read a synopsis of this film a while back, right? Something about a hitman dealing with past ghosts in a story set in Ireland?
    Correct, Braders.

Last-Man-Out.jpg?ssl=1

Correct, Braders.

I think his casting was announced back in 2013-14, so it's been a long time coming.