What you miss in 007 these days?

X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
edited May 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 2,635
What you miss about 007 movies? What/which things from the classic movies do you miss and would want them to come back?

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    The humor and outrageous (not quite to the level of DAD, but more Thunderball) gadgets.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I MIISS: The humor and sex/sexual chemistry/romance/spark stuff.
    Vesper and Bond, yes it was lovely and great chemistry- but a sad ending.
    I hope Skyfall has some wit, some humor but definitely not OTT, and some sexy scenes.
    I am confident the action will be great.
    Glad Q is back. I hope a reallllllly good Moneypenny comes along in the next one.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    The banter between Bond and Q, and the flirting between Bond and Moneypenny are two things that I miss. Other than that, as long as the films are good, I don't mind what's there.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Films of a consistent quality, one after another. That's what I miss the most.
    Nothing. The Craig era is top notch.
    Along with the sense of fun others have alluded to, I miss Bond doing amazing cool feats only he could pull off and pull off with his customary panache. Bond used to get in these impossible situations where he was sure to die and not only would he come up with this clever way out and save himself, but he would the turn the tables on his opponents. I don't need a "realistic" Bond who fails, I want the superspy back. Clearly not this time around...
    VeryBond wrote:
    Along with the sense of fun others have alluded to, I miss Bond doing amazing cool feats only he could pull off and pull off with his customary panache. Bond used to get in these impossible situations where he was sure to die and not only would he come up with this clever way out and save himself, but he would the turn the tables on his opponents. I don't need a "realistic" Bond who fails, I want the superspy back. Clearly not this time around...

I agree. But have you totally given up on SF already...?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I would love to see Bond smoking again, at least once more.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    The humor and outrageous (not quite to the level of DAD, but more Thunderball) gadgets.

If Skyfall is very much in the CR/ QOS mould (where careful wry humour trumps more obvious comic delights of previous Bond eras) and the teaser trailer suggests it will, then I suspect I may begin to miss the humour one associates with the Lazenby/ Moore/ Brosnan eras. Mostly because it will be ten years since we will have seen the likes of it.

However, if the film turns out as good as the teaser trailer, I won't be disappointed either, I might add. Indeed, these sorts of things tend to go in phases (especially in a 50-year film series like Bond) - the more overt humour will return to 007 certainly...
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    The Brosnan era's humour is the best one. Simple and healthy. Not Over The Top, and neither Under it.
    The humor and outrageous gadgets.
    The banter between Bond and Q, and the flirting between Bond and Moneypenny.
    VeryBond wrote:

These! You guys really got it right!

I would like to see a return of some classic witty one-liners and subtle double entendre lines. A little humour is good for the series. I do however state under NO circumstances should there be a return of any cheesy slaptick humour better suited to a carry-on movie.
  • DB5DB5
    Classic James Bond theme and 007 theme music. And I'll second the call for a return of the fun filled flirting with Moneypenny.
  • RC7RC7
    I miss returnable characters, a modern alternative to General Gogol would be good. Where's the 21st century Shane Rimmer?
    I miss a memorable music score. Not since The Living Daylights has there been a score that really left an impression on me. I want a hummable melody that really stands out like the theme from OHMSS, YOLT or FRWL (only to name a few).
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited May 2012 Posts: 5,985
    I'm in the minority, but I don't miss Q and Moneypenny...two iconic characters that were pretty much played out by 1985.

I like the idea of different recurring characters (RIP Mathis). I know at one point they were thinking about bringing on Loelia Ponsonby. A rebooted Mary Goodnight would also be welcome.
    Getafix wrote:
    VeryBond wrote:

I agree. But have you totally given up on SF already...?

I'm adjusting my expectations based on all I've seen so far, but I still look forward to it and will hopefully be pleasantly surprised by the finished product. But it's clearly in keeping with the more "human" down-to-earth Bond we've seen lately.

Im a fan, I just have to take Bond the way he is in 2012.
    Albert R. Broccoli
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    The gunbarrel, the good one liners, Timothy Dalton, and some gadgets.
    The Gunbarrel opening. A return to Moneypenny would be great too. M not as motherhen but a real boss
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    At least one of the two things I miss are returning for Skyfall: Q and a male M.
    Bond appearing from a horses ass in a small jet!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Q + banter, Moneypenny + banter, memorable one-liners, humour, larger-than life stuff, benign bizarre, gun barrel at the start, bond theme during bad-ass scenes........
    actonsteve wrote:

this topic is about 'what do you miss', not 'what you don't miss'..... on-topic please for once ?

how many times do you have to post 100% pro-Craig comments ? you don't have to comment his films anymore, we know you love everything about them.........

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Bond appearing from a horses ass in a small jet!

Why do you miss this?!
    actonsteve wrote:

how many times do you have to post 100% pro-Craig comments ? you don't have to comment his films anymore, we know you love everything about them.........

Hear this, DC007, I am a Craig fan...

...and I agree with you.
  • Q + banter, Moneypenny + banter, memorable one-liners, humour, larger-than life stuff, benign bizarre, gun barrel at the start, bond theme during bad-ass scenes........
    actonsteve wrote:

this topic is about 'what do you miss', not 'what you don't miss'..... on-topic please for once ?

Boy, this sounds awful familiar X_X . If you can post anti-Craig movie comments indiscriminately and not within context, then why can't Steve do the same thing? He is saying that he doesn't miss some of the classic elements, that is much more on topic than you slagging Craig because Steve and others didn't love all the cheesy un-Bondian horsecrap of parts of the Moore era that you hold near and dear.

To get on topic, Bond and M are the most important things in any Bond film. I do though miss Q and the gadgets. We've had good humor in the last two films, but I'd like to have a little more. Moneypenny I can live without if the last impression is EON's idea of the character, that wasn't what I'd call good banter by any means. Larger than life, why not, but when VeryBond speaks of impossible situations Bond gets out of, I'd rather not see the things I've seen in MR, GE, and DAD which were groanworthy to say the least. Benign bizarre? No thanks. More winking pigeons I don't need. Gunbarrel will start this one for sure, but how Newman uses the Bond theme remains to be seen.

Sean Connery & Roger Moore mostly.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,690
    @SirHenryLeeChaChing I am not 100% anti Craig. I have posted numerous positive comments on Craig.

actonsteve, on the other hand, is only able to post 100% anti-Brosnan posts and 100% pro-Craig posts..... not once I have seen him say something positive on PB or something negative on DC....... sorry but it is getting very tiresome to see him post the same thing over and over again. Whenever you see his name in a Craig thread, you automaticly know it will be a 100% positive comment, and when you see his name in a Brosnan thread, you automaticly know it will be a 100% negative comment.

the mods should render mandatory for members to post once a day a positive message on their least favorite Bond, and a negative message on their favorite Bond.... it's really annoying to see some members who have been here for over a year, and have yet to post a positive comment on PB or a negative on DC.......
    Big breasted ladies who want to be Rogerd Moore.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Big breasted ladies who want to be Rogerd Moore.

Period.

xxx
    @SirHenryLeeChaChing I am not 100% anti Craig. I have posted numerous positive comments on Craig.

actonsteve, on the other hand, is only able to post 100% anti-Brosnan posts and 100% pro-Craig posts..... not once I have seen him say something positive on PB or something negative on DC....... sorry but it is getting very tiresome to see him post the same thing over and over again. Whenever you see his name in a Craig thread, you automaticly know it will be a 100% positive comment, and when you see his name in a Brosnan thread, you automaticly know it will be a 100% negative comment.

the mods should render mandatory for members to post once a day a positive message on their least favorite Bond, and a negative message on their favorite Bond.... it's really annoying to see some members who have been here for over a year, and have yet to post a positive comment on PB or a negative on DC.......

That's a little extreme (not for me, I can say positive and negative things for every Bond). People shouldn't be required to say things. I agree with you, Actonsteve really needs to stop going all one way or all the other.

And this leads me to one thing I really miss with Bond these days: People just enjoying the films.