It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
^ Back to Top
The MI6 Community is unofficial and in no way associated or linked with EON Productions, MGM, Sony Pictures, Activision or Ian Fleming Publications. Any views expressed on this website are of the individual members and do not necessarily reflect those of the Community owners. Any video or images displayed in topics on MI6 Community are embedded by users from third party sites and as such MI6 Community and its owners take no responsibility for this material.
James Bond News • James Bond Articles • James Bond Magazine
it wont be sorry
I'd suggest the originals instead of the newer ones, but they're much darker and likely not a great indicator of what to expect. As others have said, you can play the previous titles in the newer ones, so if you'd like, wait for Hitman 3 in January so you can experience the complete package of missions and levels.
It actually worked this time I am playing it on rookie and hard each level I beat the game already on normal
Yes, Too bad. I feel sorry for anyone not on VR yet.
Looks quite impressive. There’s also a Tomorrow Never Dies hack in the works. My hat is off to the Goldeneye modding community for keeping Bond games alive somewhat.
Someone speak it here ?
Tomorrow never dies 64
The spy who loved me 64
And I think at one point Nightfire Reloaded
I do hope Project 007 is a hit for IO interactive
Nightfire Source was the title, I’m not sure if it’s still in Development, but it was an interesting concept.
I’m sure Project 007 will be a hit, the audience demand for a new Bond game is there, and while I haven’t played the Hitman games, from the way people described them on here, and the reputation they have amongst gamers, I’m sure IO will knock it out of the park.
Imagining a Bond game set in the 2020's, what are your ideas of locations, gadgets and missions concept ?
BTW, I wonder if didn't shoot themselves in the foot with that origin stories idea. I mean, it's something that could work is many media but I don't thing for a game, like Cubby thought en 1986 : fans want a Bond in full possession of his means. It's particular true in a videogame I think: don't really want that amateurist limit the gameplay. I think we liked the hand-to-hand combat krav maga of Bloodstone, thing that is here cause Bond have years of training/experiences in that domain, for exemple.
I didn't like in videogames of nowodays these "skill trees" aspects, (especially the ones that you can't/have not fully completed by the end of the game). Always boring to have to choose bewteen 2 (or thing) you want and be deprived of the rest. Hope that there won't be one in a Bond game.
To be more productive: As has been discussed here before, I want an MI6 HQ that is fun to explore and has really deep dialogue and interactive options for Moneypenny, Tanner, Q, Leolia Ponsonby and other staff.
Some kind of driving has to be in the game and I want as much as possible. I don't actually need any specific car in the main game, but unlockable cars from the franchise's past would be cool.
Like I said at the top, I would enjoy a winter area and some skiing action.
I would love some kind of high-end casino area that is available outside of straight missions.
To be honest, I want many different areas to be available all the time without strictly having a mission. I want to get to know these areas and once a mission comes around that is centered there, players who have already got to know the place can approach it differently than players that just mainlined the story. Maybe a Head Waiter knows you as a regular guest at the ski lodge and helps you in some way or you are considered a high roller after gambling a certain amount in the casino and you have access to more areas. I think this would be a good way to give players that Bond feeling of being "ever the expert" and at home in this world. Of course there would still have to be loads of areas you have no way of entering before the story wants you to go there and the game still has to feel great, when you just play the main line. But I would love a world to sink into.
Basically, I want it to be GTA and Read Dead Redemption and Hitman and Mass Effect and Splinter Cell and Steep and Project CARS and all of the things at the same time. I want like 5 games in one.
uhm what do you mean nothing is announced we are getting a new bond gasme from IO interactive
I think he meant that as a purely hypothetical situation.
Well basically have been ennonced exept the fact that there will be a new game and that it will be a origin story. The genre, gameplay, period, locations, gadgets, actors, plateforms, remains not announced (and probably not even entierly defined). So we can dream/immagine lot of things.
Ideas for locations/missions:
It's becomes difficult to go somewhere new and never seen in James Bond and Hitman or in most video games. However, here are some ideas I had.
- South Africa: apart from a few accounting exceptions on the fingers of one hand, Africa (apart from its northern countries) is a continent where Bond never sets foot.
Among the ideas of places to investigate infiltrate there are diamond/gold mines with their large excavators with conveyor belts (and dangerous blades), huge dump trucks, undergrounds, guards armed with Kalashnikovs (in this regard one could imagine a dilemma for Bond/players: what to do with our "license to kill" if one of the armed person is a child soldier?).
Another idea, an off-road pursuit on dirt roads (the local red/orange soil gives a certain cachet) with perhaps 4x4s and quads (we have never seen Bond driving a quad) and during which you cross the path of African animals.
The South African side can also introduce into the story the (pretty) blonde girl of a white supremacist that Bond has to flirt with (and make the players a little uncomfortable by having to pose as a supremacist sympathizer in the choice of dialogue as to not blow theirs cover).
- A huge freight port at night (like at Rotterdam) with its containers, cranes, cargo ships, bizarre container ship vehicles, security, warehouses, snipers. A lot of verticality and a labyrinthine aspect which can be interesting.
- The saga has scoured most existing vehicle types with the exception of bikes, quad and Formula 1. A pre-credits level at Nürburgring where Bond has to hunt down someone in the pits/backstage of the circuit during a grand prize and that evolves into a on foot action sequence before the target gets into one F1 to escape and the player has to do the same by getting into another F1 could be interesting. The car chase should not be limited to the circuit but the bad guy should get out of it to join a highway. During this part in F1 on the highway one can imagine a climate change with a fall of fog and a section in the opposite direction of the traffic. Disadvantage: the last Hitman already has a mission during a car grand prix.
- Jerusalem. In addition to sounding exotic, it is still a cradle where several religions (Jewish, Christian and Muslim) meet (the writers have plenty of choice, for example a villain wanting to create tensions between the various communities or in the region for an X or Y reason). Various varied historical places I imagine, historic undergrounds as well, a good setting for a car chase in the middle of the city and meeting a Mossad female agent. Disadvantage: some may frown on shootings in "holy" places, even if it is for prevent bad guys from attacking their religion.
- In the same vein, the Vatican (and in particular its secret archives) could be interesting.
- A soccer stadium. I don't know anything about soccer/football (so don't know which stadium would be best), but I imagine it's kind of a much bigger place than bleachers/ field. Lots of corridors, rooms where the average spectator cannot access but the backstage must contain a lot of stuff (and the security of the place must be high). It would obviously be necessary to avoid any kind of shootings at the level of the bleachers/field but one could imagine with binoculars having to locate someone specific in the crowd which is in the bleachers and a pursuit (without weapon?) Which brings us on the soccer field (with personal of the stadium trying to stop you) and a helicopter trying to land on the field to pick up the person you're chasing? Otherwise the same kind of scenery but more "Bondien": a horse racecourse hippodrome.
- Russia. Small thought to Micheal France an infiltration in the HQ of the SVR (the KGB nowadays) ultra-secure! (Speaking of France, a chase with a stolen horse from the mounted police might be interesting, but they shouldn't recycle True Lies too much either, Moscow metro are nice, could be a use a part of a horse chase). A mission in the property/villa of a millionaire Russian mafia godfather. Or a mission in a disused place dating from Cold War, where the population fled following an incident (overlooked) at the time (Chernobyl has too well known scenery, hence the interest of a fictitious place). In short, a setting of a city hastily abandoned a long time ago with an abandoned factory/central part (abandoned but nevertheless populated by the villain's henchmen who is here to get something or make a trade) .
- Casino: a mission in a luxury casino somewhere, part of which consists of playing cards (like blackjack, baccarat, see more?) against someone (the bad guy?).
- Las Vegas: a return to the city for Bond. There are different golf courses and casinos there. No doubt there is aa way to use certain places of the city for other missions.
- Embassy (from a country not really welcoming) located in I do not know which country. Much like the Mission Impossible game, a reception at the Embassy could serve as a setting to infiltrate and steal something from the Ambassador's safe or something?
- Skiing, a TND ski level would be good.
- South Korea is popular lately, but there like that I do not see a particular place conducive to an original mission. (However, it seems difficult to me to envisage a mission with neighboring North Korea, Bond not being too local physically, he would no doubt be quickly spotted).
- MI6 HQ: this is a place that Bond should visit often (especially between two missions). Possibility to receive your briefing from M, talk with Moneypenny, consult MI6 digital files/archives containing information on current missions (and debriefings on past successful missions, see what your action had provoked), go take your equipments from Q, shooting range (possibility to choose then for its missions between PPK, P99 and Beretta), training with a VR headset at Q-lab (a bit like virtual training in Everything or Nothing and Die another day ), possibility of carrying out interrogations in an interrogation room, possibility of strolling (with, one can imagine, a secondary mission aiming to discover the identity of a traitor among all our colleagues, new clues to find in HQ at each return). Sometimes a return to HQ is not possible, MI6 hideouts overseas should be used as in Alpha Protocol.
Ideas for gadgets:
It's hard to imagine new gadgets in 2020 when our cell phones are already one their own and good ideas have already been used in previous games/movies.
- The classic laser watch for silently cutting padlocks or things like that.
- A mini flying drone in the shape of a dragonfly (or other insect). Would thus allow to gain height to study the location of the guards/patrols, self-destruction function with C4.
- You can hardly escape it: a telephone. To hack stuff with a mini-game, see the screens of hacked surveillance cameras, or see the camera of the mini-drone, take pictures, amplifier to listen to conversations from afar. It would also be the pause menu (review information, objectives, inventory, etc.). We could also change this: at the time Bond was the king of the gadgest so replacing the phone with a connected watch would not be totally wrong and it's quite astonishing that Bond never had one (I guess the money dropped by Omega and purist fans of needle watches have hitherto prevented an evolution that would had been so logical in Roger Moore aera).
- A grapple to access certain high areas.
- Explosive breach charge: like the perk in Deux Ex which allows you to break a wall. Gadget used to destroy a wall (and therefore create an alternate path and eliminate what is behind). Detonator on the watch. At some point in the game, Q might give out an improved thermite (quieter) version.
- A one or two shot weapon that easily passes metal detectors or searches (sometimes it's the only one Bond can carry/keep). We can imagine a fountain pen where the projectile is the feather that is propelled like a bullet or even a blowpipe disguised as an electronic cigarette (I like the fact that it reconnects with the smoking Bond).
- A pen that turns into a telescopic baton.
- A tranquilizer dart gun.
- A gadget that allows you to unlock doors with a small game of picking. Could lock some too (limit to one use so as not to abuse it, locking melts the device): it would be fun in pursuit of locking a door and forcing opponents to either destroy it with their weapons or bypass to enter through another door.
- A gadget that makes noise to distract/attract enemies.
- Sun glasses which hide night vision and thermal vision, see X-ray (in Hitman there is a function to see through walls, here is what would make this kind of function for assisted players more "acceptable"). (Can be used to cheat in the casino by seeing through the cards of the adversary for those who have difficulty?).
- Kevlar tuxedo/suit (reduces the number of damage per bullet).
- In Goldfinger, Fleming writes that Bond carries a knife hidden in the heels of his shoes. Perhaps it would be good to provide Bond with a blade (hidden for example in the belt, the belt buckle)?
- In a mission that requires an assault, Q could provide a Cornershot for Bond (see how this could fit into the controls of a video game).
- Laser projection keyboard (the interest is very limited so apart from just being used in a cutscene I don't see what we could do with it, but it would look a bit classy to see this kind of keyboard in a cutscene).
- Taser signet ring: basically an electrified brass knuckles.
- Cufflinks (there's definitely something to do with it, like a grenade).
- Strobe light mounted on a rifle/pistol (should be limited to a few seconds of use because of the health effects, like if it say it uses a lot of battery, but it might be nice to have one on one occasion or find yourself facing opponents equipped with it).
- In the non-usable gadgets category, it might be nice that in Q-lab we can see technicians or Q himself working on gadgets for women: lipstick which turns out to be a switchblade knife, radio powder compact, flamethrower perfume, submachinegun hair dryer, explosive pads, handbag equipped like the case of FRLW ...
- Finally, if a (single) Aston Martin is perhaps well to have a "minimum symbolic", it would be good if the game turned especially to other brands as EON with Porsche in its time. Blood Stone was ridiculous with his Astons everywhere. (Bentley would be nice for the literary nod).
Can this get leaked like the Xbox 360 version of goldeneye
I don't know that a version in a playable state would even exist since much of the material was simply re-worked into Agent Under Fire.
No idea what to make of this but
PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5 and PC. This was added I'm sure to promote No Time To Die.
Interesting. never thought of gaming that way. I never do anything in a lazy fashion, not enough time in the day for that. I guess that's why VR appeals to me so much because you do have to be totally engaged. Definitely would still love to be immersed in Bond's universe.