Post a picture of yourself! :P

Comments

Birdleson wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    There was also a Robert Brown painting in the film. Anyone spotted it?

Is that true? That would be something I wanted but thought I would never see.

That's true. To the right, in a corridor at Mi6. I'm sure of it.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Hmm. I wonder where that retrospectively leaves the long-running Robert Brown M identity debate?

Yes, I saw that! One of the few highs for me!
    Robert Brown was a great M!
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Hmm. I wonder where that retrospectively leaves the long-running Robert Brown M identity debate?

I've always thought of his M as Hargreaves, but I'm not opposed to the idea that he was Messervy either. At the end of the day, if Brown hadn't appeared in TSWLM we would of course have just assumed him to be the same person.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool

Yea it's deffo there
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Yes, thought that was a really cool touch.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Me and Daniel before going in to see it tonight 😁
    20211004-182805.jpg
    20211004-182805.jpg

Thats a very cool pic LeonardPine!
  • cwl007cwl007 England

Yep, finally confirms we had 3 different M's before this current one. Those portraits were a lovely touch.
    cwl007 wrote: »

Yep, finally confirms we had 3 different M's before this current one. Those portraits were a lovely touch.

I had planned to write an article on this at some point, Bondology's equivalent of the West Lothian Question. I was going to argue that the Robert Brown M was merely a continuation of the Bernard Lee M and was not Admiral Hargeaves from TSWLM. I'm not sure where that leaves that argument now but it doesn't look too good for it! :)
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    20211004-182805.jpg

Thanks @Mathis1 my wife usually takes awful pictures of me 😁
    20211004-182805.jpg

Looking good, @LeonardPine. I think we've found the new James Bond. ;)
    20211004-182805.jpg

I'm older than Daniel Craig...😄
    20211004-182805.jpg

I'm older than Daniel Craig...😄

Well, it could be a new type of Bond. Anything's possible nowadays. ;)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I am in Edinburgh, for a very short visit , specifically to see Ray Harryhausen: Titian of Cinema. I am a huge Harryhausen fan and this is an incredible exhibition of the man’s work.

Tonight is my last night in town and I’m capping it off with my 3rd viewing of “No Time To Die” .

What a thrill to see a Bond film, while in the U.K.

ukPoYBp.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    talos7 wrote: »
    I am in Edinburgh, for a very short visit , specifically to see Ray Harryhausen: Titian of Cinema. I am a huge Harryhausen fan and this is an incredible exhibition of the man’s work.

Tonight is my last night in town and I’m capping it off with my 3rd viewing of “No Time To Die” .

ukPoYBp.jpg

I hope you have a great time, Hugh Jackman! Big fan of your work.
    :))
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited October 2021 Posts: 2,036

(for clarity, I am top 😂)
    Mallory wrote: »

(for clarity, I am top 😂)

So this one?
    pUTE4SOKB74G4.jpg
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Thats me 😃
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »

ukPoYBp.jpg

I hope you have a great time, Hugh Jackman! Big fan of your work.

High Jackman was once reportedly a contender for the James Bond role. Just sayin'. ;)

Continue to enjoy your stay in the UK, @talos7. There's nothing like seeing a Bond film in a UK cinema. :)
    As I’ve said, Jackman was a missed opportunity; he is one of the very few actors who can combine the lightness and charm of Moore with the dramatic chops and brutal physicality of Craig. Truly the full package.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2021 Posts: 28,694
    I recently had the honor of being a groomsman in my best friend's wedding, during which I was suited up and doing my best Bond "impression." I don't have any social media, so it's been a big of a headache trying to get ahold of some actual photos from the ceremony since they're all on Facebook. I'll have to keep at it and may share some later should I find any with me in them.

As for now, here's a recent picture of me:
    2iHXFKQ.jpg?1

Don't think I've changed all that much in the last few years, just in a perpetual and indecisive battle over whether I prefer myself with or without facial hair.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 IS Jack Ryan.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I recently had the honor of being a groomsman in my best friend's wedding, during which I was suited up and doing my best Bond "impression." I don't have any social media, so it's been a big of a headache trying to get ahold of some actual photos from the ceremony since they're all on Facebook. I'll have to keep at it and may share some later should I find any with me in them.

2iHXFKQ.jpg?1

Don't think I've changed all that much in the last few years, just in a perpetual and indecisive battle over whether I prefer myself with or without facial hair.

Weren't you a blond when you did your first critically-acclaimed Bond picture, Mr Major?

MHWW0EN.jpg

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    QBranch wrote: »

I'll take that, I guess. He's kinda all we have in the states, since I'm too tall to be Ethan Hunt and my memory is too sound to be Jason Bourne. ;-)

2iHXFKQ.jpg?1

Weren't you a blond when you did your first critically-acclaimed Bond picture, Mr Major?

MHWW0EN.jpg

Ah, who could forget that mega-hit. I think we made....oh, about fifty cents in the box office, which is impressive when you consider we shot the movie on a twenty year old camera we were begged to take for free at a yard sale and paid twenty cents to print out this one poster to market it.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO

I'll take that, I guess. He's kinda all we have in the states, since I'm too tall to be Ethan Hunt and my memory is too sound to be Jason Bourne. ;-)

2iHXFKQ.jpg?1

MHWW0EN.jpg

Ah, who could forget that mega-hit. I think we made....oh, about fifty cents in the box office, which is impressive when you consider we shot the movie on a twenty year old camera we were begged to take for free at a yard sale and paid twenty cents to print out this one poster to market it.

Whoever did that poster though...man, massive talent right there. ;)

2iHXFKQ.jpg?1

MHWW0EN.jpg

Whoever did that poster though...man, massive talent right there. ;)

I'd have to double check with my agent, but I'm pretty sure Ben Whishaw himself designed it. Something like that. Pretty nice chap, from what I hear.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited December 2021 Posts: 17,687
    Me tonight, needing a shave & a haircut... Bond arriving at the hotel in DAD look... IMG-20211213-221827.jpg
    Clothes are gradually coming off. Watch out in the future, folks.