The James Bond Questions Thread

Comments

I want to buy the 007 encyclopedia. But I want to buy one with an updated version with Spectre in it. Do you think they will be releasing one with spectre in it soon?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I want to buy the 007 encyclopedia. But I want to buy one with an updated version with Spectre in it. Do you think they will be releasing one with spectre in it soon?

I got the Spectre versions of "James Bond Cars", "The James Bond Archives" and "Bond By Design"

I'm pretty sure the Encyclopedia will be released with Spectre as well eventually.
  • A brief one: Is Yuri Borienko alive?

I read he was dead some time ago, but the imdb says he's still fortunately alive and well.
  • In Twine, when M and Bond are in Scotland discussing Elektra's kidnap, M says that she used Elektra as bait and that's why she didn't want the ransom paid. I really don't understand how she used her as bait.

Also, why was Bond retrieving Robert King's money? Is it Mi6's duty to retrieve people's misspent money?

Thanks
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    jackdagger wrote: »
    "My wounds will heal. Will yours?"

That might've been it. He says it before he gets the facial scar, right?

As @Gettler said. Bond sees the scar, says "Ouch. Hope it doesn't hurt too much." Then Oberhauser gives the line.
    In Twine, when M and Bond are in Scotland discussing Elektra's kidnap, M says that she used Elektra as bait and that's why she didn't want the ransom paid. I really don't understand how she used her as bait.

Also, why was Bond retrieving Robert King's money? Is it Mi6's duty to retrieve people's misspent money?

Thanks
    She used Elektra has bait to distract Renard long enough for 009 to catch up with Renard and killed him. Elektra escaped on her own before 009 got there tho.

Sir Robert King was a personal friend of Ms and he most likely asked for Ms help to get back his money. So she sent her best agent to get it for him. While at the same time have 007 investigate the death of an MI6 agent that had a report that Sir Robert bought who was killed for it.
  • Thanks @fjdinardo. Odd film Twine. Some bits really good, some bits (like the ski chase) downright awful.
  • @fjdinardo why did an Mi6 agent have King's report in the first place? It was just twaddle wasn't it so it's not as though King would have given it to someone to read through.
    @fjdinardo why did an Mi6 agent have King's report in the first place? It was just twaddle wasn't it so it's not as though King would have given it to someone to read through.

I think it was just M once again sending one of her agents to get the report for King
    do they blur the Asian girls breasts out in some versions of LTK?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    do they blur the Asian girls breasts out in some versions of LTK?

Probably in some muslim countries.
    Here's a question (relating to SP's messy retconning of Craig's era of films):

What is the connection that Quantum has to Spectre? In the movie it's never really explained properly. The only real link we know about comes from the inclusion of Mr. White. Are they separate bodies? With White affiliated to both groups? Or were they one of the same? It only becomes confusing when you consider that Blofeld claiming responsbilty for Vesper's death and mentions Dominic Greene was one of his employees.

In the grand scale of things who were Quantum and what was there value?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Here's a question (relating to SP's messy retconning of Craig's era of films):

What is the connection that Quantum has to Spectre? In the movie it's never really explained properly. The only real link we know about comes from the inclusion of Mr. White. Are they separate bodies? With White affiliated to both groups? Or were they one of the same? It only becomes confusing when you consider that Blofeld claiming responsbilty for Vesper's death and mentions Dominic Greene was one of his employees.

In the grand scale of things who were Quantum and what was there value?

To answer your question: no sod knows.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    On a laptop screen when Q examines the ring. Both Greene and Quantum
    Are shown as one of the tentacles of the Spectre Octopus, but that's about
    it, I think.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It's implied that Quantum was a division/branch of Spectre.
  • Question: What happened to the Russian and American crews in TSWLM? Did they die in the sinking Liparus?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Question: What happened to the Russian and American crews in TSWLM? Did they die in the sinking Liparus?

The survivors of all nations from the battle all pile into the USS Wayne.

• So they do, thank you.
    question: How much money would bond make doing what he does ?
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    question: How much money would bond make doing what he does ?

Not much.
    https://www.quora.com/How-much-money-is-an-undercover-agent-or-spy-paid
    wow so I guess it is for queen and country at the end of the day lol.
  • It's not like it's a bad job.
    I mean all the cars, guns, gadgets and girls his job entails...
    what about getting your butt kicked and getting shot at.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 1,817
    "He lives for danger... He lives for the moment... He lives on the edge..."

Or, he's just very patriotic and really likes those 'peanuts' Alec speaks of.
    he does man up and swallow the whole getting captured thing in DAD.
  • Yeah and sometimes you do have to wonder if Craig's Bond ever enjoyed his job, I mean really... Sometimes I wonder why at all he wanted so badly to get back into service in SF... Why not hide on that island after all? Sometimes the job isn't so glamorous... Especially if he really doesn't get paid that much.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Bond's wages are discussed in the Moonraker novel but as that was published in 1955 it won't be very accurate these days what with inflation and decimalisation.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 7,518
    Don't forget, also, in the novel Moonraker, he got to keep his winnings from Hugo Drax which if I remember correctly would have set him up for several lifetimes, especially back then.
    But as a civil servant he wouldn't have made too much salary-wise.
    Yeah and sometimes you do have to wonder if Craig's Bond ever enjoyed his job, I mean really... Sometimes I wonder why at all he wanted so badly to get back into service in SF... Why not hide on that island after all? Sometimes the job isn't so glamorous... Especially if he really doesn't get paid that much.

It was made very clear that he wanted to get back into the service because London/MI6 was under direct attack. That's a big clue towards his motivation.
  • Yeah and sometimes you do have to wonder if Craig's Bond ever enjoyed his job, I mean really... Sometimes I wonder why at all he wanted so badly to get back into service in SF... Why not hide on that island after all? Sometimes the job isn't so glamorous... Especially if he really doesn't get paid that much.

It was made very clear that he wanted to get back into the service because London/MI6 was under direct attack. That's a big clue towards his motivation.

The real British patriot then!