The James Bond Questions Thread

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Birdleson wrote: »
    New question. I think the answer is yes, but to get some opinions, are we supposed to assume that this is Bond's first encounter with SPECTRE in NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN? There is some indication that this film picks up from an earlier split in continuity.

As far as I can remember (I sadly don t own this film), there is no mention of "oh, Spectre again?" or anything similar. So yes.

The original TB draft was the first encounter with this organisation. It was only in the EON films that Blofeld and Spectre were introduced before TB got filmed.
    Which can be interpreted any way you like. We don t know the name of the previous or current M in that film.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited February 2016 Posts: 9,117
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Makes sense. And that's what ice always thought too. Just playing with continuity. But they do know who he is, and the previous M is referenced.

I thought nothing of the sort!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    In TB, why does Bond punch Felix because he was about to say 007, if Bond says '007' in front of the goon hiding in his shower, anyway?
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    In TB, why does Bond punch Felix because he was about to say 007, if Bond says '007' in front of the goon hiding in his shower, anyway?

It was a Man thing, saying "I love you, Felix"
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    Why does Hinx want to kill Bond?

Yeah, that's kind of what Bond henchmen do.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Why does @Dragonpol want to kill @IGUANNA?

For target practice (and humanity).

I thought it was just to put him out of my misery.

I thought it was just to put him out of my misery.

Well that too of course!
  • Someone mentioned that piranha gaffe in FRWL where there is clearly a partition. My only guess is that the camera crew were supposed to shoot is from the side rather than from above where the partition wouldn't be visible.

On the subject of FRWL, why does Grant kill the Russian driver?
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 1,296
    Benny wrote: »

I'm not entirely sure, but I think it could be after Bond infiltrated the Spectre meeting in Rome.
    Surely this was perfectly obvious from watching the movie. If you want members to take you seriously then it would help if you didn't ask such obvious questions.
    Hello, yes it seems obvious at first but it's not actually that obvious inn my opinion. Hinx is never given orders except to kill Mr White and Bond does it all for him so why the animosity? If were me I would have shaken Bond's hand and sat down to a dinner. Blofeld has no interest in kiling Bond & so why would he order Hinx to do it? My question was legit and I don't get a good reply either, just rude jokes and a healthy interest in my death, of which I will not be flinched by. Certain members speaking from darkness as again and usual. But that's not news.
  • Birdleson wrote: »

He was a Bulgar, I believe. He was killed so that the Russians would blame Kerim Bey and his organization, and take revenge; inciting violence, chaos and confusion. I assume to cover and abet SPECTRE's own master plan.

But wouldn't it heighten security and make it more difficult to steal the Lecktor?
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Benny wrote: »

I'm not entirely sure, but I think it could be after Bond infiltrated the Spectre meeting in Rome.
    Surely this was perfectly obvious from watching the movie. If you want members to take you seriously then it would help if you didn't ask such obvious questions.
    Hello, yes it seems obvious at first but it's not actually that obvious inn my opinion. Hinx is never given orders except to kill Mr White and Bond does it all for him so why the animosity? If were me I would have shaken Bond's hand and sat down to a dinner. Blofeld has no interest in kiling Bond & so why would he order Hinx to do it? My question was legit and I don't get a good reply either, just rude jokes and a healthy interest in my death, of which I will not be flinched by. Certain members speaking from darkness as again and usual. But that's not news.

I assumed he did want Bond dead. When Hinx failed he brought Bond in to his complex to do a bit of brain drilling.

As for the members who dwell in darkness, we are trying to drag them in to the light, but they are stubborn little sods.
    Would you all say Hugo Drax is the most evil villain of all time? You could make several arguments towards other villains but if you look a Draxs plan had he succeed his plan would have resulted in the most casualties ( The entire human race!!)
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Would you all say Hugo Drax is the most evil villain of all time? You could make several arguments towards other villains but if you look a Draxs plan had he succeed his plan would have resulted in the most casualties ( The entire human race!!)

Sanchez beats him. Doing drugs is worse than extingiuishing all human life, according to some.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    The most evil is definitely Silva.
    Watching him is so tormenting that it makes the Geneva Convention against Torture shudder in fear and disgust.
    edited February 2016 Posts: 45,489
    And that hairdo. Trump would be jealous.
    I don't see how silva can be more evil then someone who wants to kill the entire human race. He just wanted to kill M
    Do you think Mathis would've survived if bond didn't use him as a bullet shield?
  • In Spectre, Madeline tells Bond a story about shooting a man who came to kill her father when she was a child. Later, in the meteorite scene, Oberhauser/Blofeld mentions he came to her house once when she was a child, stating that he remembers it when Madeline says she does not. Are we meant to take from this that Blofeld was the man that Madeline shot? I've watched the film several times and I'm still unclear on this.
    I think the man she shot died
  • I think the man she shot died

Well, I think that makes more sense, thinking about it. As well as the fact the situation with Madeline as a child happened way before the falling out between Mr. White and Blofeld. I've seen a few ask the question before though, so maybe that's how it's entered my mind whilst watching!

• Doesn't Bloberhauser mention something like, "I hide all my scars" or something like that? (I might be wrong because I haven't re-watched it since November, but I remember at the time I thought that might support the "Madeleine shot him" theory)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I think this is a perfect example of how shabby the work of Purvis + Wade is at times.
    I'm quite sure both dialogues have nothing to do with each other and P+W simply didn't realise how confusing this will be for the audience.

If there is anything that I really, really want for Bond 25, then it's other screenwriters.
    P+W simply have to be retired.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited February 2016 Posts: 7,526
    Benson20 wrote: »

Well, I think that makes more sense, thinking about it. As well as the fact the situation with Madeline as a child happened way before the falling out between Mr. White and Blofeld. I've seen a few ask the question before though, so maybe that's how it's entered my mind whilst watching!

I'm almost certain the intention was that the man whom Madeleine was speaking about coming into her home and whom she shot was Blofeld.

^ I don't agree, @BondJasonBon006. For me, when Blofeld says to Bond and Madeleine, "I came to your house when you were just a girl", I thought, "oh Blofeld was the guy from Madeleine's story", and continued enjoying the film; didn't take me out in the slightest. I think the two dialogues were intended to be linked.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    jackdagger wrote: »
    Doesn't Bloberhauser mention something like, "I hide all my scars" or something like that? (I might be wrong because I haven't re-watched it since November, but I remember at the time I thought that might support the "Madeleine shot him" theory)

"My wounds will heal. Will yours?"
  • "My wounds will heal. Will yours?"

That might've been it. He says it before he gets the facial scar, right?
    He says after. In fact, he says it to Bond in the MI6 ruins.
  • Benson20 wrote: »

I'm almost certain the intention was that the man whom Madeleine was speaking about coming into her home and whom she shot was Blofeld.

^ I don't agree, @BondJasonBon006. For me, when Blofeld says to Bond and Madeleine, "I came to your house when you were just a girl", I thought, "oh Blofeld was the guy from Madeleine's story", and continued enjoying the film; didn't take me out in the slightest. I think the two dialogues were intended to be linked.

The way Blofeld says 'oh, but I do' when she says she doesn't remember is pretty menacing and definitely suggests something went on. It'd also explain why SPECTRE and Blofeld himself were so intent on getting Madeline. In this interpretation of Blofeld he definitely seems like the type of man who would hold a grudge over something like that.