"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• 007InAction007InAction Australia
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    This might be the best half by Arsenal under Arteta so far. Saka and Smith Rowe have been brilliant (again) – as has Tierney.

Exactly! Saka and Tierney usually give their all. And Rowe!....Wow! I think he has broken into the team.

He better have!
    0-4 in the end, and FINALLY a game of positives. Still only in 11th though, so no need to get carried away.

Good to see Arsenal back on track for you 2 guys.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    This might be the best half by Arsenal under Arteta so far. Saka and Smith Rowe have been brilliant (again) – as has Tierney.

Exactly! Saka and Tierney usually give their all. And Rowe!....Wow! I think he has broken into the team.

He better have!
    0-4 in the end, and FINALLY a game of positives. Still only in 11th though, so no need to get carried away.

Very true.

He better have!

Indeed. It's been a while Arsenal had successive wins.

He better have!

With the way this season has been so far with every team dropping points, successive wins can mean everything. Arsenal really need to pick up points to have an outside chance of top six.

He better have!

With the way this season has been so far with every team dropping points, successive wins can mean everything. Arsenal really need to pick up points to have an outside chance of top six.

Yeah. Every win is vital now.
    Love the way Ralph Hasenhüttl has transformed Southampton. Winning 1-0 over Liverpool tonight is just a reminder how much I would have liked to have him at Arsenal.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Love the way Ralph Hasenhüttl has transformed Southampton. Winning 1-0 over Liverpool tonight is just a reminder how much I would have liked to have him at Arsenal.

And to think it all started after the Leicester drubbing at home, Ralph will be managing a big team soon.

And to think it all started after the Leicester drubbing at home, Ralph will be managing a big team soon.

Hasenhüttl did manage RB Leipzig though. Admittedly not a huge club, but still a very good team.

Either he will eventually go on to bigger things, or he'll make Southampton into a top 6-8 team. The Southampton team could become a really strong team with some additions to the squad – especially if Hasenhüttl keeps getting the best out of the team.
    Looks like It's going to be a bumpy year again.
    Chuffed that my Norwich boys are continuing their good run and are still top of the Championship. My fear now is yet againclubs looking to strip our club of talent which they want to BUY for success! Fear we will drop down the table should this happen? Keep it up lads!!! OTBC!!!!
    edited January 2021 Posts: 2,351
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Chuffed that my Norwich boys are continuing their good run and are still top of the Championship. My fear now is yet againclubs looking to strip our club of talent which they want to BUY for success! Fear we will drop down the table should this happen? Keep it up lads!!! OTBC!!!!

You must be THIS happy about your Norwich boys ? :)>-
    giphy.gif

Manchester United vs Manchester City should be a humdinger of a game as the battle for the efl cup hots up...
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Marcus Rashford: Manchester United striker tops most-valuable players list
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/12180681/marcus-rashford-manchester-united-striker-tops-most-valuable-players-list

1. Marcus Rashford (Man Utd) £150.1m
    2. Erling Haaland (Dortmund) £137.8m
    3. Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool) £137.4m
    4. Bruno Fernandes (Man Utd) £136.9m
    5. Kylian Mbappe (PSG) £135.4m
    6. Jadon Sancho (Dortmund) £134.5m
    7. Joao Felix (Atletico Madrid) £128.2m
    8. Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich) £126.2m
    9. Raheem Sterling (Man City) £124m
    10. Kai Havertz (Chelsea) £123.2m
    11. Timo Werner (Chelsea) £122.4m
    12. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) £121.4m
    13. Ruben Dias (Man City) £114.9m
    14. Sadio Mane (Liverpool) £112.2m
    15. Bukayo Saka (Arsenal) £105.3m
    16. Achraf Hakimi (Inter) £103m
    17. Mason Mount (Chelsea) £99m
    18. Ansu Fati (Barcelona) £98.2m
    19. Harry Kane (Tottenham) £97m
    20. Frenkie de Jong (Barcelona) £95.8m
    Credit to City for the win, Ole selection made no sense, we have been playing well with Bailey playing a high line because of his pace so Ole decides to drop him and our defence reverts back to playing deep ~X(
    RogueAgent wrote: »

You must be THIS happy about your Norwich boys ? :)>-
    giphy.gif

Manchester United vs Manchester City should be a humdinger of a game as the battle for the efl cup hots up...

Pardew clearly has better moves than me! :))
    Credit to City for the win, Ole selection made no sense, we have been playing well with Bailey playing a high line because of his pace so Ole decides to drop him and our defence reverts back to playing deep ~X(

You don't think perhaps City had something to do with it? Whether they delibirately want to or not, most teams end up playing deep against City...
    FA Cup preview with Wayne Rooney and Harry Kane
    Good goal by Smith Rowe
    Good goal by Smith Rowe

Yeah. That guy is now an official first team player. What a player! He's just like an exciting new signing right now.
    Good goal by Smith Rowe

Yeah. That guy is now an official first team player. What a player! He's just like an exciting new signing right now.

Its certainly a position you needed to fill, I watched some of the Newcastle game, they really did squander some good opportunities.
    Good goal by Smith Rowe

And tierney and saka.
    Good goal by Smith Rowe

Its certainly a position you needed to fill, I watched some of the Newcastle game, they really did squander some good opportunities.

Yeah. They sure did.

:)) The Owen clips are so true
    :)) Yeah. I can't argue at all with that.
    Cristiano Ronaldo becomes top goal scorer in football history........ WOW

Cristiano Ronaldo has surpassed Josef Bican for the most goals scored for club and country in football history - with his tally now at 760.

The 35-year-old five-time Ballon d'Or winner recently moved past Brazil legend Pele (757) - who moves down to third on the all-time list - while Romario is fourth (743) and Ronaldo's Barcelona rival Lionel Messi makes up the top five (719).

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12961/12194018/cristiano-ronaldo-becomes-top-goalscorer-in-football-history
    Wayne Rooney on his first 7 days as permanent Derby gaffer
    Arsenal out of the F.A. Cup with a whimper it seems, Arsenal's record is outstanding in the Cup so makes things interesting for other teams.
    Chuffed my Norwich boys are still going strong. Could do without the distraction of the FA Cup though! Mind you Barnsley are winning at present! :))
    edited January 2021 Posts: 2,351
    Arsenal out of the F.A. Cup with a whimper it seems, Arsenal's record is outstanding in the Cup so makes things interesting for other teams.

They should have a rankings system in the fa cup, CL, world cup etc so teams earn there place in the next round not by the luck of the draw imo.
    1 - 1 United v Liverpool two great passes to two great finishes. 28 mins played, game is heating up.