"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• 007InAction007InAction Australia
    1 - 1 United v Liverpool two great passes to two great finishes. 28 mins played, game is heating up.

Feels like a practice match with no spectators doesn't it ?
    We need a win.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    1 - 1 United v Liverpool two great passes to two great finishes. 28 mins played, game is heating up.

We need a win.

Good game so far can go either way, the broadcast I am watching has fake crowd sounds playing.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2021 Posts: 23,369
    2 - 1 Rashford is on fire he ain't going anywhere from my FPL team get in
    2 - 2 Salah gets his second gr

We need a win.

Good game so far can go either way, the broadcast I am watching has fake crowd sounds playing.

2-2 no crowd noise for me.
    Liverpool growing into the game I fear the worse.
    Liverpool growing into the game I fear the worse.

Bruno on.
    I am glad I got Salah back in he looks sharp, getting into good areas.
    Brunooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! get in!!!!
    =D> Good win in the end for United will only help build confidence in the league.
    Bruno again. We can't win a game.

Caught you at the right time though a win over Liverpool is always a sweet victory. Liverpool were looking better in attack today could easily of won the game, good game of football to watch.
    edited January 2021 Posts: 2,353

Caught you at the right time though a win over Liverpool is always a sweet victory. Liverpool were looking better in attack today could easily of won the game, good game of football to watch.

Bruno is one of your best signings ever ?

If Da gea had played he could of saved at least 1 of the goals imo.

But Becker can't seem to make any saves.

Bruno is one of your best signings ever ?

If Da gea had played he could of saved at least 1 of the goals imo.

But Becker can't seem to make any saves.

Yeah Henderson should have done better for the second goal, De Gea being very good with his legs probably would have saved it.
    I thought at the time maybe Pogba may have made it difficult for Becker to see the free kick early.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Utter BS. Frank deserves better than this.
    Benny wrote: »
    Utter BS. Frank deserves better than this.

I heard not sure if true that some senior players went above Frank, he did a great job last season the influx of so many players this season would be tough for any manager, especially if they are players that Frank may not have wanted.
    No Mari, no Tierney, no Aubameyang, no Saka. Luiz over Gabriel. You're welcome United, that's three points in the bag.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    No Mari, no Tierney, no Aubameyang, no Saka. Luiz over Gabriel. You're welcome United, that's three points in the bag.

My thoughts too. Very scary line-up it is.
    GadgetMan wrote: »

My thought is that the starting eleven couldn't get much worse than this. This is going to be nasty.

Big players missing, this will end up being a draw I think.

My thought is that the starting eleven couldn't get much worse than this. This is going to be nasty.

True. And the thing is even if Arsenal have a complete and strong team, United are still a threat. But this sort of line-up just gives United a higher edge.

Hmmmm. With this sort of line-up, I hope so.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 17,291

No way. Arsenal are more or less playing a cup team.

True. And the thing is even if Arsenal have a complete and strong team, United are still a threat. But this sort of line-up just gives United a higher edge.

Indeed, and typical that Arteta is forced to field a team like this in a game that means so much.
    Yeah @Torgeirtrap we just hope it doesn't get embarrassing.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 17,291

Not that I think it will matter much seeing as Arsenal might struggle to finish top six, but still, there's the goal difference to think about too. Hopefully Arsenal won't come out of this game completely destroyed.

Not that I think it will matter much seeing as Arsenal might struggle to finish top six, but still, there's the goal difference to think about too. Hopefully Arsenal won't come out of this game completely destroyed.

Yeah. That's what we should be hoping for.
    0-0 in the end. Can't feel bad about that given the circumstances, but both teams must feel really annoyed about the missed chances. The only thing of note other than that is why the hell doesn't backing into players in mid air result in a booking? One day we're going to see a really serious injury from this.
    edited January 2021 Posts: 4,247
    0-0 in the end. Can't feel bad about that given the circumstances, but both teams must feel really annoyed about the missed chances. The only thing of note other than that is why the hell doesn't backing into players in mid air result in a booking? One day we're going to see a really serious injury from this.

Yeah. Fair result @Fire_and_Ice_Returns got it right.

Yeah, that is dangerous play that should be looked at by the officials.
    When I saw the line ups i had a feeling it woukd be a bore draw. I ended up missing the game as fell asleep lol

Going for top four decent result, going for title not good enough. We all move on to the next game which must be must win now.