"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

barryt007 wrote: »
    jobo wrote: »
    The statue of Rosenborg legend Nils Arne Eggen was just unveiled at Lerkendal Stadium. Of course, he's pointing out towards Europe. He's won the league 14 times (with Rosenborg), and the cup six times. Well deserved!

statue.jpg

Now that they have a statue they can start honoring his philosophy and sporting principles as well hopefully...

With the current coach…?
    Easy to see it was just unveiled as there is no bird dung on him. That will come, Mr Eggen.

They'll surely keep the statue in pristine condition, washing it when needed! ;)

A statue is not a statue with no pigeon shit on it.

Haha, that's one way to look at it! :))
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Don't think there'll be too many Chelsea fans, sorry to see Sarri go. Whilst he got them into the Champions league next season, and silverware in the Europa league, he didn't seem to gel with the fans or the players as a whole. As much as I hate having to go through the process of getting a new manager each season. I don't think Sarri was the right fit. I'd have kept Conte if it was up too me, but there you go.
    I wonder if Super Frank will be enticed to take on the role?
    Benny wrote: »

Don't think there'll be too many Chelsea fans, sorry to see Sarri go. Whilst he got them into the Champions league next season, and silverware in the Europa league, he didn't seem to gel with the fans or the players as a whole. As much as I hate having to go through the process of getting a new manager each season. I don't think Sarri was the right fit. I'd have kept Conte if it was up too me, but there you go.
    I wonder if Super Frank will be enticed to take on the role?

Its the wrong time for him imo,due to his inexperience and the transfer embargo.
    If I was him I would have another season with Derby and see what happens.
    Could we see the third Italian in a row for Chelsea? Massimiliano Allegri is available.
    Could we see the third Italian in a row for Chelsea? Massimiliano Allegri is available.

That wouldn't surprise me Torg,but how long he will last at that club who knows !!

That wouldn't surprise me Torg,but how long he will last at that club who knows !!

How long does anyone last at Chelsea…?

Exactly.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,241

Exactly.

I guess the main issue will be the transfer ban (is that confirmed, btw?). Some managers might turn down an offer based on that alone, while others…

What about José Mourinho? :-D

Exactly.

I guess the main issue will be the transfer ban (is that confirmed, btw?). Some managers might turn down an offer based on that alone, while others…

He would be mad to go back there AGAIN !!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Exactly.

He would be mad to go back there AGAIN !!

We wouldn't be mad enough too take him AGAIN!!! X_X
    You never know!

17560722-sweden-soccer-uefa-europa-league-final.jpg
    One more time!
    Was Sarri that bad?
    I think Lampard should stay where he is and learn his craft.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2019 Posts: 23,105
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48770843

Aaron Wan-Bissaka: Man Utd reach agreement with Crystal Palace to sign defender

Good player with great potential

The price United pays up front (if this is true), is £5m more than the reported COMPLETE budget for Arsenal this transfer window. No wonder why Arsenal struggle each season.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

The price United pays up front (if this is true), is £5m more than the reported COMPLETE budget for Arsenal this transfer window. No wonder why Arsenal struggle each season.

It can't be easy for your fans, as a United fan I am disappointed at lack of activity. Both our teams need a top class central defender or competing for top four just won't happen.

It can't be easy for your fans, as a United fan I am disappointed at lack of activity. Both our teams need a top class central defender or competing for top four just won't happen.

United have the funds at least. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the transfer window, as both clubs have so much to do. I can't see Arsenal getting much done (as usual), but I guess United will get a few signings sorted.

United have the funds at least. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the transfer window, as both clubs have so much to do. I can't see Arsenal getting much done (as usual), but I guess United will get a few signings sorted.

Two weeks on Friday United play there first pre season game in Australia, hopefully we will get most of our business done by then.

Corker from Rooney

Two weeks on Friday United play there first pre season game in Australia, hopefully we will get most of our business done by then.

Arsenal start their pre-season shortly too. I'll be surprised if Arsenal manage to land a signing before then, unfortunately.

I see Utd are linked with about another 6 players today. Anyone you’re hoping for?

Tight deadline for clubs to get business done before pre-season.
    vzok wrote: »

I see Utd are linked with about another 6 players today. Anyone you’re hoping for?

Bruno Fernández I would like to sign though Liverpool have been linked with him also, so you guys may pip us on that deal.
    It's difficult to take many of the stories seriously, I ignore most of the links. Alot United fans would disagree with me though I would like to see Bale come in perhaps on loan if possible.

Arsenal start their pre-season shortly too. I'll be surprised if Arsenal manage to land a signing before then, unfortunately.

I will resubscribe to MUTV for what is worth and see if the team can somehow generate a semblance of form.

Bruno Fernández I would like to sign though Liverpool have been linked with him also, so you guys may pip us on that deal.

Liverpool by all accounts are not buying anyone expensive. No deals or moderate deals. So Utd must be in the driving seat for Fernandez, as Spurs have gone quiet on him. He has great attacking stats, and not too costly.

Liverpool by all accounts are not buying anyone expensive. No deals or moderate deals. So Utd must be in the driving seat for Fernandez, as Spurs have gone quiet on him. He has great attacking stats, and not too costly.

Interesting just watching one of the United fan channels they are discussing Liverpool's transfer ceiling this summer. It would be great if we got Bruno, though hope we keep Pogba also
    The English Lionesses are looking good at 3-0 to get to the WC semis !!

Sorry @Torgeirtrap

Sorry @Torgeirtrap

The defending hasn't been good tonight, unfortunately…

Sorry @Torgeirtrap

At least you are going out to 007’s country !

Sorry @Torgeirtrap

At least you are going out to 007’s country !

Yes…

Wonder if any of the Arsenal Women players are on the pitch? Didn't see the lineups before kick-off.

Edit:
    Great penalty save by Ingrid Hjelmseth there!

Oh well; some good moments throughout the World Cup though.