"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2019 Posts: 23,376

Palace away would be a tricky start to the season…

Interesting fixtures I am already thinking of good FPL assets of course the following fixtures will need to be looked at also. Potentially tough starts for City and Liverpool though they are almost immune to tough games if last seasons form continues.

P. S. It's good to see United have a televised game opening weekend
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,293
    We'll know tomorrow (I think) if this is the real gameweek 1 fixture list. To me it looks like every top six side have an easy start – Arsenal excluded. Typical.

As for FPL options, Liverpool, City and Sp*rs assets looks the way to go. They are the most expensive ones too, so that will require finding some good cheap options from other teams.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    We'll know tomorrow (I think) if this is the real gameweek 1 fixture list. To me it looks like every top six side have an easy start – Arsenal excluded. Typical.

As for FPL options, Liverpool, City and Sp*rs assets looks the way to go. They are the most expensive ones too, so that will require finding some good cheap options from other teams.

Yeah tomorrow one of the FPL YouTube channels are doing a reaction at 9pm to the fixture list tomorrow.

Opening fixtures can throw up the odd unexpected result if teams are not at it, you could get something at Palace
    Early announcement then? Nice!

I guess everything is possible, but Palace is always a tricky team to face. Better than playing City in the first game of course, like last season.

I guess everything is possible, but Palace is always a tricky team to face. Better than playing City in the first game of course, like last season.

Palace had a poor start last season and there home form was not great

Can only hope that continues into gameweek 1! Wonder if Aaron Wan-Bissaka is still a Palace player going into the upcoming season. What a season he had.
    Spurs away!!

Can only hope that continues into gameweek 1! Wonder if Aaron Wan-Bissaka is still a Palace player going into the upcoming season. What a season he had.

United have been linked with him, though decided to ignore all the rumours there is so much bs, until I see a player signed and wearing the shirt I am not believing anything
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Spurs away!!

Just promoted and full of confidence you may get something at Spurs

United have been linked with him, though decided to ignore all the rumours there is so much bs, until I see a player signed and wearing the shirt I am not believing anything

United confirmed their first signing of the season today though!
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited June 2019 Posts: 3,126
    The United States sure bashed Thailand yesterday 13-0

Yeah James that's been a done deal for weeks now
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Is that in the Women's WC, not been watching though I know England beat Scotland

Yeah James that's been a done deal for weeks now

Some teams do their transfer business early, while others (Arsenal)…
    _________
    The leaked list was wrong; Arsenal play Newcastle away in gameweek 1. Even worse!

And what a nightmare of an August Emery will have:

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    D87-WNyw-X4-AEja-JR.jpg
    62237603-673020583158857-7463273990614679552-n.jpg
    D87-S-2w-W4-AA0f-Ks.jpg
    D87-So-Ej-X4-AEWM7-X.jpg
    D87-T-ds-X4-AA-vf.jpg
    D87-Vl-Qb-UEAAUVIY.jpg

If not counting Sp*rs at home, City doesn't have a difficult fixture until Liverpool away in November.
    Newcastle away.
    Could be worse,might even win,considering we nearly always lose on the opening day usually.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Is that in the Women's WC, not been watching though I know England beat Scotland

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns yeah
    Argentina next up tomorrow,should be an easy enough win.
    If not counting Sp*rs at home, City doesn't have a difficult fixture until Liverpool away in November.

Unfortunately that’s their only difficult fixture all season.
    vzok wrote: »

Yep..it's getting tiresome tbh.
    vzok wrote: »

Very true…
    Crikey Ole could be out of a Job by the end of August if United do not hit the ground running with those fixtures, very tricky run for a miss firing team
    At least that's $8m to be spent elsewhere (if true)…

So its actually Liverpool away in the Friday night opener!!! Bring it on as the boys sure have earned this right! OTBC!!!
    The statue of Rosenborg legend Nils Arne Eggen was just unveiled at Lerkendal Stadium. Of course, he's pointing out towards Europe. He's won the league 14 times (with Rosenborg), and the cup six times. Well deserved!

statue.jpg
    The statue of Rosenborg legend Nils Arne Eggen was just unveiled at Lerkendal Stadium. Of course, he's pointing out towards Europe. He's won the league 14 times (with Rosenborg), and the cup six times. Well deserved!

statue.jpg

Now that they have a statue they can start honoring his philosophy and sporting principles as well hopefully...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Easy to see it was just unveiled as there is no bird dung on him. That will come, Mr Eggen.
    jobo wrote: »

statue.jpg

Now that they have a statue they can start honoring his philosophy and sporting principles as well hopefully...

With the current coach…?
    Easy to see it was just unveiled as there is no bird dung on him. That will come, Mr Eggen.

They'll surely keep the statue in pristine condition, washing it when needed! ;)
    jobo wrote: »

statue.jpg

With the current coach…?

They'll surely keep the statue in pristine condition, washing it when needed! ;)

A statue is not a statue with no pigeon shit on it.