"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

With Arsenal's budget? Never going to happen.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2019 Posts: 23,376

It would be a good signing, Zaha is a match winner, perhaps they will offer a player Welbeck?

It would be a good signing, Zaha is a match winner, perhaps they will offer a player Welbeck?

Welbeck is out of contract at Arsenal, so they won't get anything for him, unfortunately. Arsenal sure need a player like Zaha though. He's also an Arsenal supporter!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Welbeck is out of contract at Arsenal, so they won't get anything for him, unfortunately. Arsenal sure need a player like Zaha though. He's also an Arsenal supporter!

With Welbeck injury record will be interesting to see who signs him.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48784655
    Welcome to United Wan-Bissaka

Looks like Rabiot is going to Juve, Juve are doing great business this window

With Welbeck injury record will be interesting to see who signs him.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48784655
    Welcome to United Wan-Bissaka

Looks like Rabiot is going to Juve, Juve are doing great business this window

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in Everton, like Walcott did. Maybe even Palace?

AWB is a good signing for United. It will be interesting who else they manage to bring in before the season. As for Juve, they've done really well so far this transfer window. Ramsey on a free (still hurts!), and now possibly Rabiot. I think he was on the radar for Arsenal as well, but who wouldn't go to Juve instead.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,293

That kit sure is, Mesut. What do you think about the Adidas kits, @barryt007?

It's 'interesting' I would say.
    Good to have Adidas back though,and nice to know they still have faith in the Gooners,fingers crossed they can inject a bit more money into the club for transfers,Torg.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Good to have Adidas back though,and nice to know they still have faith in the Gooners,fingers crossed they can inject a bit more money into the club for transfers,Torg.

It's quite the sponsor deal this one, I believe, so it might generate some MUCH NEEDED funds.

It's quite the sponsor deal this one, I believe, so it might generate some MUCH NEEDED funds.

Fingers crossed !!

OMG! Has Rami Maleks villainous brother infiltrated Arsenal?

Fingers crossed !!

I honestly can't see how they can find someone that goes straight into that team and strengthens it with the rumoured budget…
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Yes, his name is Mesut Ö. Malek!

CKM2ICpWUAAfDUw.png

Fingers crossed !!

I honestly can't see how they can find someone that goes straight into that team and strengthens it with the rumoured budget…
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Yes, his name is Mesut Ö. Malek!

CKM2ICpWUAAfDUw.png

:))
    I believe we have just bought an 18 year old Italian kid.
    Oh,and that £40m offer (to be paid in 5 instalments !!!) is a disgusting offer,i can only think it's a plan to destabilize Zaha's relationship with Palace.
    That level of bid is just as likely to get Palace to dig in and hold out for 80m.
    vzok wrote: »
    That level of bid is just as likely to get Palace to dig in and hold out for 80m.

I agree...its a dangerous game Arsenal are playing.
    Oh,and that £40m offer (to be paid in 5 instalments !!!) is a disgusting offer,i can only think it's a plan to destabilize Zaha's relationship with Palace.

I wonder if Gabriel Martinelli (who's actually Brazilian, but holds a dual citizenship I think) can play as a winger?

Re. the Zaha offer, that's the Arsenal I know! Low initial offers that leads to nothing after lengthy talks with the players club. Happens EVERY DAMN TRANSFER WINDOW…

I wonder if Gabriel Martinelli (who's actually Brazilian, but holds a dual citizenship I think) can play as a winger?

Re. the Zaha offer, that's the Arsenal I know! Low initial offers that leads to nothing after lengthy talks with the players club. Happens EVERY DAMN TRANSFER WINDOW…

I know it does....*shakes head in despair AGAIN *.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,293

I know it does....*shakes head in despair AGAIN *.

There's a brilliant Twitter account you should check out, which is brilliantly funny, yet painfully accurate re. the state of things at Arsenal:

If Palace just got 50m for someone with a lot less experience, they are going to expect well over that for Wilfred
    If Palace just got 50m for someone with a lot less experience, they are going to expect well over that for Wilfred

They would be mad to accept anything under the 80M if i'm honest.
    Players sure have got expensive since Neymar.
    Players sure have got expensive since Neymar.

It's spiralling out of control tbh.
    90m for Maguire now.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 19,339
    90m for Maguire now.

What a waste of money....wow,stinks of desperation.
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    90m for Maguire now.

What a waste of money....wow,stinks of desperation.

the whole current team is a waste of money. 90m is cheap in comparison.
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    Are Arsenal the laughing stock of the PL or is it Man Utd? The fans don't deserve their owners or do they? Both managers will be gone this time next year is a good bet.
    Are Arsenal the laughing stock of the PL or is it Man Utd? The fans don't deserve their owners or do they? Both managers will be gone this time next year is a good bet.

Atm I would say both,and maybe add Chelski into the mix soon.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,293
    As far as Norwegian media goes, Arsenal are definitely the laughing stock of the PL. And they're getting worse.

I just listened to the most recent Arsecast episode. One of the hosts predicted that by July 1st next year, either Patrick Vieira or Freddie Ljungberg will be the manager of Arsenal.

This may seem unlikely when hearing it, but:
    - Emery is only under contract for two seasons, and if Arsenal fail to manage top four this season they wont be able to sign a top manager (nor top players for that matter), making them have to consider other options.
    - Edu Gaspar – who as we all know played for Arsenal, is likely to become Arsenal's technical director. Add to that the fact that Freddie Ljungberg has been promoted from the U23's into Emery's coaching staff. Is this something Emery has suggested, or is this an appointment made above Emery?
    - If Arsenal are to sign a new manager and a top name is out of reach, the board might find that the best way to please the fans somewhat, is to look to former club legends. I'm not saying this is necessarily the right way to do it, but I could definitely see it happen. Remember that Mikel Arteta (also formerly of Arsenal – now assistant coach under Pep at City) was expected to be the name announced as the next Arsenal manager last year.